NYRaider

Week 8 GDT: Raiders (3-3) @ Browns (5-2)

Put Joyner at FS let Lawson play the slot, Arnette opposite Mullens. We would be able blitz Abrams more often. Abrams attacking the line of scrimmage like a Troy Polamalu is the way to use him.

Harris is a good back up. So is Heath. Neither are your starter. Joyner is too slow to play the slot at this point in his career. Amik probably isn't ready yet, but we drafted him to play that position in the future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

His TD pass won us the game.

No it gave us the lead with almost a full quarter left.  The weather was the biggest factor and Carr had a day that was slightly better than Tua.  It was exactly what I said it would need to be.  Carr was going to be no where near his season averages but he just needed to be smart with the ball.  My prediction was spot on.  Also we won the TO battle and smoked them in time of possession which are the 2 factors I have said all year that would determine our success.  This does not mean our defense is vastly improved but games like these put you back to were your season averages will be.  We are going to be 25th in points allowed instead of 31st based off of week 7 rankings.

Edited by drfrey13

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

No it gave us the lead with almost a full quarter left.  The weather was the biggest factor and Carr had a day that was slightly better than Tua.  It was exactly what I said it would need to be.  Carr was going to be no where near his season averages but he just needed to be smart with the ball.  My prediction was spot on.  Also we won the TO battle and smoked them in time of possession which are the 2 factors I have said all year that would determine our success.  This does not mean our defense is vastly improved but games like these put you back to were your season averages will be.  We are going to be 25th in points allowed instead of 31st based off of week 7 rankings.

Good post. It was very tough on both QBs but I thought Carr played a very good game given the circumstances. Game manager is a phrase we hear all too often in a negative sense but I thought he managed the game, situations and weather really well. That is exactly what I want my QB to do in games like that, its not the time or place to try and dominate the highlights film, I was especially pleased he used his legs a few times to good effect.

Good hard fought win on the road against a better record, which will/could be crucial in the PO hunt. Great job!

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Good post. It was very tough on both QBs but I thought Carr played a very good game given the circumstances. Game manager is a phrase we hear all too often in a negative sense but I thought he managed the game, situations and weather really well. That is exactly what I want my QB to do in games like that, its not the time or place to try and dominate the highlights film, I was especially pleased he used his legs a few times to good effect.

I think Carr did a great job.  He has played a couple games this year where he has been a game manager and it was the right decision to get the win.  I questioned his ability to rise to the occasion against good teams and he did that against KC in KC.  He has impressed me this year and if he improves in a couple areas he will become a top QB in this league.  I really liked his movement this week and his willingness to run is going to force LBs to make decisions.  He did what was needed and that is how I want my QB to play.

• Like 1