Week 8 GDT: Raiders (3-3) @ Browns (5-2)

NYRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Stop. Has zero to do with that, and I don’t know why I’m letting you bait me. People who talk like “nutride other teams” usually work dead-end jobs with no education. Has nothing to do with race in any conceivable way. I was putting his behavior and language on blast (which shouldn’t be allowed in the first place, this subforum is the wild wild west of FF). He dished out an insult, completely unprovoked, (literally unprovoked) so I dished one back. 

Honestly this type of suggestion from you is pretty low, even for you. No place on the forum for it. Just like there’s no place for calling people “nut riders”. 

I don't know man. 

That came off as a dogwhistle... 

Just saying. Be careful

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Stop. Has zero to do with that, and I don’t know why I’m letting you bait me. People who talk like “nutride other teams” usually work dead-end jobs with no education. Has nothing to do with race in any conceivable way. I was putting his behavior and language on blast (which shouldn’t be allowed in the first place, this subforum is the wild wild west of FF). He dished out an insult, completely unprovoked, (literally unprovoked) so I dished one back. 

Honestly this type of suggestion from you is pretty low, even for you. No place on the forum for it. Just like there’s no place for calling people “nut riders”. 

We absolutely aren't doing this. I couldn't care less how members talk as long as they aren't slinging insults and are sticking to football. This certainly isn't within the realm of acceptable here and we aren't going to generalize/play this game.

If you have a problem, PM me. Let's keep the forum to football.

1 hour ago, 101Raider said:

Worried about this one. I feel like because of weather it’s going to come down to the better run team vs run defense...  out passing game is miles better, but going to be a negligible point tomorrow.

The Raiders passing game is more weather proof than some other teams'. Lots of shorter and intermediate routes should still work even if the weather isn't compliant.

I like the Raiders in this one in a similar game flow to the Carolina game. The Browns player who worries me the most is Kareem Hunt. He's still one of the better backs in the NFL and arguably better than Josh Jacobs.

• Like 1

Just now, Rich7sena said:

The Raiders passing game is more weather proof than some other teams'. Lots of shorter and intermediate routes should still work even if the weather isn't compliant.

I like the Raiders in this one in a similar game flow to the Carolina game. The Browns player who worries me the most is Kareem Hunt. He's still one of the better backs in the NFL and arguably better than Josh Jacobs.

Our system is but our QB is not.  We already know that when the weather is below 50 degrees he is horrible.  Maybe that changes this year but there is no evidence to ague otherwise.

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Our system is but our QB is not.  We already know that when the weather is below 50 degrees he is horrible.  Maybe that changes this year but there is no evidence to ague otherwise.

Well, we don't know for sure how he will play in Cleveland, in a virtually empty stadium, with these weapons, in year 3 of Gruden's offense, during the best season of his career. So there is plenty evidence that he will play well. In fact, I expect him to play well.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Well, we don't know for sure how he will play in Cleveland, in a virtually empty stadium, with these weapons, in year 3 of Gruden's offense, during the best season of his career. So there is plenty evidence that he will play well. In fact, I expect him to play well.

His ability to function due to weather has nothing to do with how well he understands the system.  Two completely different factors.  Rain, cold temperature, and 40 MPH winds is not good for Carr.  Best season of his career means he is probably going to regress some and this could very easily be one of the games that force him back to his normal play.  We are more likely to see our defense keep us in the game when the offense does not perform.  I expect the defense to have a few games that they perform better coming up.  Not because Guenther pulls his head out of his crack but because the matchups allow us to just play better.  Time for the broken watch to have the correct time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

It's 2020 man. You can nut ride whoever you want. No judgement. 

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lmao you’re a clown 

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

You're right.  He can't beat KC in KC,....wait.....hmmm, apparently he already did that.  Anyway, yeah, I'm sure he's looking forward to proving the haters wrong again.  I believe he will complete short passes in very high winds to keep the defense honest and pull us out a much needed win.  If we beat KC in KC, win a game in bad weather conditions with a great game by DC, and make the playoffs, I'm just going to stop responding to posts like these.

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

You're right.  He can't beat KC in KC,....wait.....hmmm, apparently he already did that.  Anyway, yeah, I'm sure he's looking forward to proving the haters wrong again.  I believe he will complete short passes in very high winds to keep the defense honest and pull us out a much needed win.  If we beat KC in KC, win a game in bad weather conditions with a great game by DC, and make the playoffs, I'm just going to stop responding to posts like these.

I never said he can not win in KC.  I said he has not yet and I also criticized the schedule makers because of him having to play in KC every year on Dec. 1st or later which handicaps him.  I believe I was the first to notice this or at least bring it up on the forum.  He got to play in KC in Oct and guess what he played better.  He does not have a problem with a specific city but rather the conditions that can be found in those cities.  He will not be very effective down the field because he chooses to float the ball to often.  If he decides to change his style, which he has the arm strength for, then he will increase his chances to be successful.  If he just throws short passes we better have a good run game to succeed on offense and if we want to win we will need Mayfield to make mistakes and our defense will have to help out the offence. I do not think Carr can win this game for us and statistically his numbers are going to be worse than his current averages.  Why is that so hard to understand.