When does McCarthy get fired

Vladimir L

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You guys are harping on the wrong Mike. 

Why can't it be both though? Look at the WFT the last two years. We knew our biggest problem was the DC. He was abysmal. The worst of the worst. That said,  the HC wasn't doing any favors either. The locker room was lost, and no one wanted to play for them. You could be in the middle of that situation sped up. Maybe you'll recognize it sooner. 

Bittersweet feeling from a Packers fan. On one hand, I still really like Mike and appreciate what he did. I wanted to see him have some degree of success elsewhere. I think people forget that he was a legitimately good coach for a while there. On the offensive side he was inventive and fresh, but he just didn't continue to change and keep up.

But on the other hand, I know there were some among rival fans and the media who were waiting for McCarthy to succeed elsewhere in order to use that to discredit Rodgers. So I'd say that ship has sailed.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation
  • Like 1

There is one common denominator in Dallas and that’s Jerry. Sure fire McCarthy like they fired Garrett. It’s going to be the same issue and that’s because Jerry is the issue. That black cat running around the Cowboys is Jerry so no matter how many coaches come and go or how the roster changes as long as Jerry continues to stick his nose in everything and I mean everything the Cowboys do then the Cowboys are still going to be overrated at best. At worst they are irrelevant. This is the worst division historically and the Cowboys could legit finish in last place record wise and honestly be the worst team eye test wise in the division.

• Like 1

Mike Nolan and the defense is the true issue in Dallas. That was evident in the early weeks of the season when the offense was on pace to be one of the most productive and efficient offenses of all time. Then the injuries on the OL started building up and you lose your top 10 starting QB. Now you have Andy Dalton behind a JV O-line. 

McCarthy deserves another year.

• Like 4

On 10/26/2020 at 12:22 AM, Matts4313 said:

You guys are harping on the wrong Mike. 

Why did they hire that dinosaur to be DC? It's not 2004 anymore. If you're going to hire a dinosaur, at least hire a cool, hip, and entertaining dinosaur, like Wade Phillips.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Why did they hire that dinosaur to be DC? It's not 2004 anymore. If you're going to hire a dinosaur, at least hire a cool, hip, and entertaining dinosaur, like Wade Phillips.

Pretty sure they've been there, did that, even before the Rams did. Just saying. 

The thing about McCarthy so far is that even though the defense is pathetic, the offense since Dak went down has been even worse, and Andy Dalton was heralded as the best backup QB in the league. Dak goes down, Dalton comes in and the offense takes a complete nose dive despite having an offensive-minded QB whisperer HC and a really good OC? Something has to give there.

I still think McCarthy deserves at least one more year, particularly with a competent defense, but his offense this year without Dak has left a lot to be desired.