Are the Browns a good bad team or a bad good team?

Apparition

browns have scored 30 plus points in 4 of there last five

2nd they did this against the number 1 defense in the AFC.

3rd Cleveland has beat both Pittsburgh and Baltimore by more then 2 touchdowns how many teams in the nfl can say that?

4 Cleveland has been excellent at beating the teams they should beat right New England is average Cleveland is better then the Patriots.

5 Based on those  numbers Cleveland is very good to excellent much like Baltimore who went into the playoffs and got beat in the 1st round.

Edited by mtmmike
error

Beat the Bengals twice, Football Team, Cowboys, and Colts

Played the Ravens and Steelers and lost by 30 in each

This is not a good team

5-2 right now, getting there on an easy schedule. Still have Jags, Texans, Jets, Giants, Eagles, and Raiders... What a fortunate schedule they have

They might limp to 10-6 on schedule alone, but this team is zero threat to take out the big guns and make a run at the conference

• Like 1

I already laid out my position that they are neither great nor bad but somewhere in the middle.  Bad defense, back and forth QB play, etc. 

We are beating and playing well against bad teams.  With that said, in past years, we play those bad teams and find ways to lose.  Or in many cases simply get outplayed and look like the a clearly worse team than the bad one. 

Definite progress.  If they make the playoffs I don't expect them to do much damage.  It's hard to go from a really bad team to a really good team overnight.  2020 has been good progress for them.  Ways to go, but the best they've been in quite sometime, despite a litany of injuries. 

I think that the arrow is pointing up and if Mayfield doesn't end up being the guy long term, a veteran FA QB could still keep them competitive.  The o-line seems in place, depth at RB for the next couple years, depth at TE for the next couple years and those are the key positions in Stefanski's offense.  They probably won't have the WR's long term, but that's sort of just extra credit.

The defense is awful now, but they have Garrett and Ward.

1st round exit this season is probably the ceiling.

Edited by Rod Johnson

10 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Beat the Bengals twice, Football Team, Cowboys, and Colts

Played the Ravens and Steelers and lost by 30 in each

This is not a good team

5-2 right now, getting there on an easy schedule. Still have Jags, Texans, Jets, Giants, Eagles, and Raiders... What a fortunate schedule they have

They might limp to 10-6 on schedule alone, but this team is zero threat to take out the big guns and make a run at the conference

So, they beat the teams they should and lose to Super Bowl contenders in embarrassing fashion. I’d say that makes them average to this point, and we will see how they finish up. They still get the Ravens, Steelers, and Titans, and the Raiders this week may be telling as well.

As for their fortunate schedule, it’s about time. They’ve gotten the short end of that stick for a long time.

Not everyone can play in the NFC or AFC East or even the AFC South.

13 hours ago, mtmmike said:

browns have scored 30 plus points in 4 of there last five

2nd they did this against the number 1 defense in the AFC.

3rd Cleveland has beat both Pittsburgh and Baltimore by more then 2 touchdowns how many teams in the nfl can say that?

4 Cleveland has been excellent at beating the teams they should beat right New England is average Cleveland is better then the Patriots.

5 Based on those  numbers Cleveland is very good to excellent much like Baltimore who went into the playoffs and got beat in the 1st round.

Wut?

7 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I think you may be confused...Cleveland didn't beat both Pittsburgh and Baltimore by more than 2 touchdowns lol. They lost to both by 32 and 31.

Cleveland in 2019 beat Pittsburgh 21 to 7

Cleveland in 2019 beat Baltimore 40 to 25