GDT: Week 8, Browns host The Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland Currently Residing In Las Vegas

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot

• Horny
    • Horny’s Australian brother
    • The Browns
    • Not the Raiders
    • Another native of convict island

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Imo his only hope is to bulk up and move to DE

Imo his only hope is to slim down and coach HS football 

Realistically I think many people pegged him as a special teamer. Being overdrafted gave us hope he'd be more but...

20 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Let's face it: We are somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Even if we get into the playoffs we won't go anywhere.

Sadly, a lot like the Indians.

Difference is the Browns need to get to the playoffs to at least learn from the experience.

indians don’t have ownership who is willing to pay to get over the hump 

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

His forte would be coming in at LB in blitz packages. We just don’t have the personnel.

Even then Woods won’t blitz.

Seriously was getting annoyed that he wasn’t run blitzing  Absolutely nothing is work. At least blitz it to try and catch them in the backfield 

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Even then Woods won’t blitz.

Seriously was getting annoyed that he wasn’t run blitzing  Absolutely nothing is work. At least blitz it to try and catch them in the backfield 

In 2016 we at least committed to stop the run. We could stop one aspect of the game.

On 10/29/2020 at 11:41 AM, AkronsWitness said:

The Browns need to find a way to slow down Jacobs. Their entire offense runs through him to set up the pass very similar to ours.

Heres another thing the Raiders do that will infuriate most people on Sunday. They are the ultimate dink and dunk team. Similar to Alex Smiths Cheifs. Their whole objective is to control the clock and they run a ton of shallow crossers and pick plays to the flats with Waller.

I would like to see the Browns and Woods recognize this and plan accordingly. Live with the deep shots to Ruggs but DO NOT let the Raiders get all comfortable running the ball up the middle with Jacobs and throwing 50 different 3-5 yard passes all the way down field. Disguise blitzes and play press around the line to disrupt the short routes and timing.

If I see a LB or CB playing off coverage and sitting on top of routes Im going to be mad. Instruct them to sit on routes and play underneath coverage. If they dont, there are a lot of people on this board that are going to be pulling their hair out by how many 7 min 20 play drives the Raiders can string together. 

I think this is a good time to bring up my previous post from three days ago and had multiple posters tell me that Im wrong..........

This is my victory lap.

I.....TOLD..... YOU....

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

In 2016 we at least committed to stop the run. We could stop one aspect of the game.

what are you talking about?

'16 the Browns defense was 31st in rushing attempts, 31st in rushing yards, 25th in rushing TDs, and 29th in yard an attempt.

'17, the Browns were awful in all those areas except they were 2nd in yards an attempt. If we are going to call that as the Browns having a good rushing defense, then the browns that year had a good rushing attack cause they were 6th in yards per attempt as an offense. '17 was so bad. I take what happen that year for a grain of salt. I doubt anyone really tried vs the Browns cause they were so bad. They prolly just tried not to get hurt. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

what are you talking about?

'16 the Browns defense was 31st in rushing attempts, 31st in rushing yards, 25th in rushing TDs, and 29th in yard an attempt.

'17, the Browns were awful in all those areas except they were 2nd in yards an attempt. If we are going to call that as the Browns having a good rushing defense, then the browns that year had a good rushing attack cause they were 6th in yards per attempt as an offense. '17 was so bad. I take what happen that year for a grain of salt. I doubt anyone really tried vs the Browns cause they were so bad. They prolly just tried not to get hurt. 

Calm down.

I meant 2017, we could stop the run that year. 3.4 yards per attempt. Everyone had their gap.

It was mitigated because you could pass with relative ease vs that defense. 

At least we tried to do something well.