GDT: Week 8, Browns host The Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland Currently Residing In Las Vegas

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot

• Horny
    • Horny’s Australian brother
    • The Browns
    • Not the Raiders
    • Another native of convict island

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

We're a defensive team, when we score more than 7 points we are undefeated.

When we dont play like weiner heads we should have won....... for the 5th time.. THE RAIDERS DO NOTHING BUT RUN THE BALL AND THROW 3 YARD PASSES.

Its like the coaches and Joe Woods didnt watch the tape. How do I know this as a general fan but a official DC doesnt. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Calm down.

I meant 2017, we could stop the run that year. 3.4 yards per attempt. Everyone had their gap.

It was mitigated because you could pass with relative ease vs that defense. 

At least we tried to do something well. 

again, saying we had a great run defense that year, is saying we were a great rushing offense that year because the Browns had the 6th best offensive rushing yards per attempt. 

Or it was mitigated by the fact teams didnt even have to try running the ball cause it was easier to pass.

Also lets look into those numbers a little more.

• In 2017,
    • first half of games, the opposing offense was running the ball at 4.1yards a carry,  which would have had the Browns at the 20th best defense at rushing yards per attempt
    • second half of games, the opposing offense was running the ball at 2.7yards a carry, break it down even more. For the season, on avg, in the 4th quarter, opposing offenses ran the ball for 2.4yards
  • teams also ran the ball 215x in the 1st half, compared to 247x in  the 2nd half
  • Browns scored a total of 14 first half TDs. Compared to 24 first half TDs given up. Browns scored a total of 12 second half TDs, compared to 17 second half TDs given up.

So the Browns werent just this magical run stopping defensive front who was only giving up 3.4 yards a pop. The Browns were a joke of a team that went 0fer for a reason. They couldnt play defense and had an offense that was a joke. So once opposing teams took their leads into the second half of games, they just ran the clock out to get the pathetic games over with. They didnt want to eat up yards, they wanted to eat up time.  

Edited by buno67

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

again, saying we had a great run defense that year, is saying we were a great rushing offense that year because the Browns had the 6th best offensive rushing yards per attempt. 

Or it was mitigated by the fact teams didnt even have to try running the ball cause it was easier to pass.

Also lets look into those numbers a little more.

• In 2017,
    • first half of games, the opposing offense was running the ball at 4.1yards a carry,  which would have had the Browns at the 20th best defense at rushing yards per attempt
    • second half of games, the opposing offense was running the ball at 2.7yards a carry, break it down even more. For the season, on avg, in the 4th quarter, opposing offenses ran the ball for 2.4yards
  • teams also ran the ball 215x in the 1st half, compared to 247x in  the 2nd half
  • Browns scored a total of 14 first half TDs. Compared to 24 first half TDs given up. Browns scored a total of 12 second half TDs, compared to 17 second half TDs given up.

So the Browns werent just this magical run stopping defensive front who was only giving up 3.4 yards a pop. The Browns were a joke of a team that went 0fer for a reason. They couldnt play defense and had an offense that was a joke. So once opposing teams took their leads into the second half of games, they just ran the clock out to get the pathetic games over with. They didnt want to eat up yards, they wanted to eat up time.  

3.4 yard  per carry  demonstrates you have at least a solid run defense. 

Passing to tight ends and and most receivers was pretty much a freeby

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

3.4 yard  per carry  demonstrates you have at least a solid run defense. 

Passing to tight ends and and most receivers was pretty much a freeby

The browns did not have a solid run defense!!!! Teams just ran the ball in the 2nd half and 4 qtr to keep the clock running. 

when teams really want to score and make sure to secure the lead. They were running at a clip of 4.1ypa

Yeah, we need help everywhere defensively. We're a mess.

LB is the most clear need going forward. Phillips really needs to get on the field to see what we have in him. As it stands right now, we need at least one, if not two new starters at LB.

Sendejo sucks, but if Delpit recovers 100% then that's one need covered next year. Now, who knows if he's any good, but I can't imagine he'd be worse than Sendejo. I actually like what I've seen from Ronnie Harrison. At the very least I think he's a good backup, and maybe even could be the long-term starter at SS. He has too small a sample size to say for sure either way right now, IMO.

CB will likely be a need, especially if we're not able to see what we have in Greedy this year. If he's not a legit starter, we need to get one this offseason.

Everyone knows we need another pass rusher. Vernon had a good game yesterday, but he's gone after this season anyway. Our starting DTs are both inconsistent. They're both capable of playing at a pretty high level, but they don't do so on a consistent basis. I imagine only one of them will be back next year with Elliott replacing the other as starter.

At this point, I'm all for going all defense in the draft with the exception of a day two pick on a WR, depending on how the rest of the year goes and what we do in free agency.

41 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Great stat. Baker would have had pretty solid game if not for all the drops.

Yeah that was unfortunate. His 1st pass was wild and he had one that I don't know where it was going and was almost picked off. Otherwise he did very well throwing and running.

That was a game we needed Nick Chubb. May have meant we went from 6 possessions to 5 but I think we score more in that scenario and give the Raiders one less possession to score. Nothing against Hunt at all (Chubb is better) but to be able to have Hunt spell Chubb is much better than anyone else we have spelling Hunt.

Defense was a problem but anyone surprised by that hasn't been paying attention. We just didn't get the turnovers that usually help us.

• Like 2

We lost because of 1 simple thing:

A team from sunny and hot Las Vegas came into our stadium during a horrible weather game and beat Cleveland up. The Raiders were bigger, tougher, and way more physical.

The linemen on our team should be embarrassed of what happened. That wasn’t Pittsburgh where there’s an obvious talent gap. That was simply your opponent punking and bullying you. That was our worst game of the season to me. Baltimore and Pittsburgh clearly had more talent than us, so they get a slight pass.

Cleveland looked like a soft and finesse west coast team.

• Like 1