GDT: Week 8, Browns host The Los Angeles Raiders of Oakland Currently Residing In Las Vegas

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Call your shot

• Horny
    • Horny’s Australian brother
    • The Browns
    • Not the Raiders
    • Another native of convict island

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Yeah didnt Thomas already ride the pine at one point for bad play. I'm almost certain he was about to be our pick at 10.

I think he got benched for a quarter for a  violation of team rules, but he has not been good either, I think he is ranked last in PFF grades of the top tackles taken

6 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Yeah didnt Thomas already ride the pine at one point for bad play. I'm almost certain he was about to be our pick at 10.

I think he be a lot better if he gone to a different team. Giants is a sh-t show right now. Also think the way the OL has played that any of the tackles would have looked good with Callahan coaching them up

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think he be a lot better if he gone to a different team. Giants is a sh-t show right now. Also think the way the OL has played that any of the tackles would have looked good with Callahan coaching them up

I thought I remember reading of all the tackles he was the most pro ready, plug and play guy. That's kind of where I'm like uhh??? But the same thing happened to flowers for them. Super trash but got moved to G on another squad and was at least serviceable.

3 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

I thought I remember reading of all the tackles he was the most pro ready, plug and play guy. That's kind of where I'm like uhh??? But the same thing happened to flowers for them. Super trash but got moved to G on another squad and was at least serviceable.

The most widely considered "plug and play" guy was Wills. Thomas was the kid who had the most upside, was the best run blocker, had the best strength/length combination (other than maybe Becton), and played in a pro style offense. He's also the youngest.

The NYG took the wrong scheme fit. They are asking him to do things that he never had to do before that aren't a good fit for who he is IMO.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The most widely considered "plug and play" guy was Wills. Thomas was the kid who had the most upside, was the best run blocker, had the best strength/length combination (other than maybe Becton), and played in a pro style offense. He's also the youngest.

The NYG took the wrong scheme fit. They are asking him to do things that he never had to do before that aren't a good fit for who he is IMO.

Ah ok. I thought people were questioning whether wills would be able to transition to Left from RT. Or at least his biggest question mark.  

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Ah ok. I thought people were questioning whether wills would be able to transition to Left from RT. Or at least his biggest question mark.  

Some definitely speculated that, but it's also worth noting that Tua was/is a lefty, so the right side is his blind side, meaning that the LT transition should have been more natural.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Some definitely speculated that, but it's also worth noting that Tua was/is a lefty, so the right side is his blind side, meaning that the LT transition should have been more natural.

Well he's definitely had some roomie moments. But I definitely like what I've seen considering he had really no off season or pre season which usually is important for rookies.

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Well he's definitely had some roomie moments. But I definitely like what I've seen considering he had really no off season or pre season which usually is important for rookies.

Absolutely agreed. He's exactly what we need(ed) IMO. Even if the rest of his career is like his rookie year, he's looking at being a solid NFL starter at a premier position. He may never be an All Pro (or he may absolutely get better too), but that doesn't matter, because his floor is/was so high.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely agreed. He's exactly what we need(ed) IMO. Even if the rest of his career is like his rookie year, he's looking at being a solid NFL starter at a premier position. He may never be an All Pro (or he may absolutely get better too), but that doesn't matter, because his floor is/was so high.

Yeah you don’t need all pros with every first rounder.  You need to not whiff and bring in good players who can hold down a position for 7-9 years.

• Like 1