Week 8: VIKINGS (1-5) at Packers (5-1)

swede700

24 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

The fact that we are 6th in the draft

6th right now, but there is only one team ahead of the Vikings in the draft standing that has a tougher strength of schedule. Some of those teams are only ahead of the Vikings because they haven't had their byes yet. The team that has an easier strength of schedule is the Giants. Playing in the NFC East they will finish with an easier strength of schedule but it also will be hard for them to get out of that division with only one win. They have to play three other bad football teams a couple times this year.

I think that the Vikings will be picking in the top two if they finish 1-15. It is possible that the Jets get tripped up from the perfect record at some point too leaving a 1-15 Vikings team with the top pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

6th right now, but there is only one team ahead of the Vikings in the draft standing that has a tougher strength of schedule. Some of those teams are only ahead of the Vikings because they haven't had their byes yet. The team that has an easier strength of schedule is the Giants. Playing in the NFC East they will finish with an easier strength of schedule but it also will be hard for them to get out of that division with only one win. They have to play three other bad football teams a couple times this year.

I think that the Vikings will be picking in the top two if they finish 1-15. It is possible that the Jets get tripped up from the perfect record at some point too leaving a 1-15 Vikings team with the top pick.

While I think the Vikings are pretty dreadful this year, I don't expect them to go winless the rest of the way.  In fact, I think they will probably wind up with a 4-12 record.  However, one of the remaining three wins will not come this week against the Packers.  I suspect the Vikings will lose by anywhere between 21 and 30 points.  If it's closer than that, it's because Green Bay was significantly ahead at the beginning of the 4th quarter that there defense starts to play soft and Kirk gets his garbage time statistics.

48 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

This season has literally turned me into a closet jets supporter, hoping that they rattle off a 4 game win streak, and for the first time in my 20 years of supporting the Vikings, I want green bay to stomp a mud hole into us. The fact that we are 6th in the draft with a lot of terrible football left and a chance to grab a true franchise player, I’m actually willing to not throw something at the tv when a Lambeu leap occurs. 

Wanting the Jets to win is fine.  Some of you are having way too easy of a time rooting against the vikings. 

I for one hope they destroy the packers as unlikely as that is.  I'll try not to let it bother me too much when they lose

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Wanting the Jets to win is fine.  Some of you are having way too easy of a time rooting against the vikings. 

I for one hope they destroy the packers as unlikely as that is.  I'll try not to let it bother me too much when they lose

It’s all for the greater good. Next season when Trevor Lawrence drops back and completes a 78 yard drive with a td throw to jet, I will look back and be proud of this terrible season. This will be the catalyst to our super bowl you watch. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

While I think the Vikings are pretty dreadful this year, I don't expect them to go winless the rest of the way.  In fact, I think they will probably wind up with a 4-12 record.  However, one of the remaining three wins will not come this week against the Packers.  I suspect the Vikings will lose by anywhere between 21 and 30 points.  If it's closer than that, it's because Green Bay was significantly ahead at the beginning of the 4th quarter that there defense starts to play soft and Kirk gets his garbage time statistics.

I have bene thinking 5-11. My post that you were replying to that discusses a hypothetical 1-15 Viking team shouldn't be taken to mean that I think they will finish 1-15. It was more meant to show how the current 6th in the draft order position is not indicative of where they would be at the end of the season given their record. If everyone played the same amount of games they would be better off.

14 minutes ago, Illadelegend215 said:

It’s all for the greater good. Next season when Trevor Lawrence drops back and completes a 78 yard drive with a td throw to jet, I will look back and be proud of this terrible season. This will be the catalyst to our super bowl you watch. 

Ah I decided not to play fantasy football. 

One of these mythical franchise QBs would be nice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

This season has literally turned me into a closet jets supporter, hoping that they rattle off a 4 game win streak, and for the first time in my 20 years of supporting the Vikings, I want green bay to stomp a mud hole into us. The fact that we are 6th in the draft with a lot of terrible football left and a chance to grab a true franchise player, I’m actually willing to not throw something at the tv when a Lambeu leap occurs. 

They have the option of trading a 2022 1st rd pick in addition to whatever pick they have here in 2021, if they need to get their next franchise QB.  They don't have to "tank."  If they like a guy good enough to be that guy, they should be willing to do so.  It certainly worked out for the Chiefs.

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They have the option of trading a 2022 1st rd pick in addition to whatever pick they have here in 2021, if they need to get their next franchise QB.  They don't have to "tank."  If they like a guy good enough to be that guy, they should be willing to do so.  It certainly worked out for the Chiefs.

The difference is Mahomes wasn't viewed as a HOFer right out of gate.  Quite a few teams were willing to pass on him

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The difference is Mahomes wasn't viewed as a HOFer right out of gate.  Quite a few teams were willing to pass on him

It's irrelevant whether they were viewed as a HOFer out of the gate (which I don't think anyone can make that claim of these QBs), as it's dependent upon the other teams' needs and how they view the QBs.  Everyone has a price.  

Either way, even if you think that the Vikings should go 2-14, that other win should be vs. these Packers.  There's no excuse for wanting the Packers to whoop on the Vikings.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

None of these QBs are viewed as a HOFer out of the gate.  If anyone is saying that, they also have the most beautiful bridge to sell you.

That was only a slight exaggeration on my part.

But it sounds very unlikely that we'd be able to trade up for the top QB. Hopefully one of the others could be a Mahomes but I'm not convinced that we would take one

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

That was only a slight exaggeration on my part.

But it sounds very unlikely that we'd be able to trade up for the top QB. Hopefully one of the others could be a Mahomes but I'm not convinced that we would take one

I've never thought they'd be in a position to get him.  I think they have a better shot to trade up for one of the other 2.

• Like 1