Week 8: VIKINGS (1-5) at Packers (5-1)

swede700

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Speak for yourself, I have Aaron Rodgers and a tough matchup in Fantasy Football this week...

Haha, I'm playing against Adams and Jones/Williams (he'll start whoever is healthy). Plus Cook if he goes.

Edited by VikeManDan

50 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Speak for yourself, I have Aaron Rodgers and a tough matchup in Fantasy Football this week...

Serious question...because I 've never played...what is the attraction of Fantasy Football?

26 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Serious question...because I 've never played...what is the attraction of Fantasy Football?

Kind of the game within a game for me. Gives me reason to cheer for teams/players I otherwise couldn't care less for. Throw in the added potential for winning the league and the possible prize $$$ associated with that.

You could get a taste of it by trying a weekly entry at DraftKings or FanDuel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Kind of the game within a game for me. Gives me reason to cheer for teams/players I otherwise couldn't care less for. Throw in the added potential for winning the league and the possible prize $$$ associated with that.

FanDuel is way too addicting lol

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Has he not been at practice yet? Why aren't the vikings at risk of not playing?

I can't explain it.  The only conclusion I can come with is the protocols are in place where just because one person on a position group has tested positive doesn't mean the rest are...it could be that they just are distanced enough during practice and meetings and in the locker-room, there just isn't the same kind of risk.   

5 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

This is pretty much it.

I literally have 3 televisions and my laptop an cellphone going on Sunday's tracking my fantasy squads in other games.

If I didn't have, say, Josh Jacobs on a couple fantasy teams, I'd have no reason to watch the Raiders. Same with Allen Robinson with the Bears, Jon Taylor with teh Colts, etc.

It's extra excitement on cold Sunday afternoons.

Close contacts are defined as those who spend 15 minutes within six feet of the person (per the CDC at least)

it’s possible to practice in a way where that would potentially be the case. I’m in the process of designing practices to be able to fit those type of restrictions. 

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So our corners will likely be Gladney,  hand,  and Boyd with little pass rush? Take it easy on us Rodgers 

Yeah, if the Vikings want to win this one they need to be putting the pedal to the metal on offense. This is not the game for Zimmer to try and win 20-17. His mind set needs to be that the offense needs to put up 40 for the team to be in this game. I have my doubts that the Vikings can keep up in a shootout but I am even more certain that the Vikings will not be able to hold the Packers under 20 points this week.

The one thing we know, the Vikings better double cover Adams on every play. Make Rodgers beat the team with his WRs that aren't very good. He should be able to do that against the Vikings banged up defense but the team needs to at least force him to do it that way. Letting him play pitch and catch all day with Adams is akin to waiving the white flag.

• Like 1