Week 8: VIKINGS (1-5) at Packers (5-1)

swede700

56 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Yeah, if the Vikings want to win this one they need to be putting the pedal to the metal on offense. This is not the game for Zimmer to try and win 20-17. His mind set needs to be that the offense needs to put up 40 for the team to be in this game. I have my doubts that the Vikings can keep up in a shootout but I am even more certain that the Vikings will not be able to hold the Packers under 20 points this week.

The one thing we know, the Vikings better double cover Adams on every play. Make Rodgers beat the team with his WRs that aren't very good. He should be able to do that against the Vikings banged up defense but the team needs to at least force him to do it that way. Letting him play pitch and catch all day with Adams is akin to waiving the white flag.

I agree with all that. They should probably go for it on every 4th across mid field unless it's 4th and long in field goal range. 

They need a better plan for Adams than they had last time

There is no reason the Vikings can't win this game today. These are professional athletes and have had a bye week to prepare for this divisional rivalry. If the team doesn't come out playing hard and earn a win they ought to hang their heads in shame. It would be pure humiliation. There is no excuse to take a loss in a game like this.

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

There is no reason the Vikings can't win this game today. These are professional athletes and have had a bye week to prepare for this divisional rivalry. If the team doesn't come out playing hard and earn a win they ought to hang their heads in shame. It would be pure humiliation. There is no excuse to take a loss in a game like this.

Other than the packers are a much better team. 

I agree that they at least need to come out and give it there all.  Hopefully it doesn't look like they just want the season to end but even if they play the best they can,  there is a good chance they'll lose

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I can't imagine they'll pick up his 5th year option will they?

So far, you wouldn't think it would be worth it.  I guess you could say that he does know the defense, but if he is always hurt it doesn't really matter.  I think I'd just move on.

6 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Absolutely.  In spite of the Vikings' dismal record, this is not a team to come in to a game unprepared to play.  We do have enough talent to make big plays, so we can score some points.  It wouldn't be a total shock if we won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

So far, you wouldn't think it would be worth it.  I guess you could say that he does know the defense, but if he is always hurt it doesn't really matter.  I think I'd just move on.

They can always still sign him after next year if he has a good year

• Like 1