OBJ torn ACL, done for the season

candyman93

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I don't know if this is true. Sure he gets open occasionally without getting a target but he doesn't seem to do it often or even regularly.

I watched the All-22 film breakdown of every Baker throw (from the Cowboys to Steelers) and I was shocked to see how much OBJ actually gets open. I honestly didn't expect to see it so much but I'm sure if WE see it then the coaches + Baker see it too when they review the film.

27 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

I watched the All-22 film breakdown of every Baker throw (from the Cowboys to Steelers) and I was shocked to see how much OBJ actually gets open. I honestly didn't expect to see it so much but I'm sure if WE see it then the coaches + Baker see it too when they review the film.

Yeah, it's a shame it doesn't happen when he is the target, he seems to always be blanketed.

28 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

I think its entirely possible and perfectly fine to admit that Bakers just performs better without OBJ. When OBJ isnt out there Baker plays more freely. It doesnt mean that OBJ is bad or that Baker is bad I just dont think the fit worked.

When OBJ is not on the field I think Baker doesnt have the pressure to force the ball to OBJ

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think its entirely possible and perfectly fine to admit that Bakers just performs better without OBJ. When OBJ isnt out there Baker plays more freely. It doesnt mean that OBJ is bad or that Baker is bad I just dont think the fit worked.

When OBJ is not on the field I think Baker doesnt have the pressure to force the ball to OBJ

Just a guess on my part but my guess is OBJ applies the pressure.

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It's hard to say for sure if Baker is just better without OBJ since there are variables involved (quality of opp, etc...). But I hear your point.

I also think it's worth noting on that mic'd up of Baker where he throws a TD to someone  during the WFT game and he ran over to OBJ and Landry and told them to be patient.

We can't say whether or not they're actually putting pressure on Baker, but that clearly shows that it's in Baker's head to get those guys the ball. At least with Landry he has chemistry, but he has zero chemistry with OBJ and that could be the issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

It's hard to say for sure if Baker is just better without OBJ since there are variables involved (quality of opp, etc...). But I hear your point.

I also think it's worth noting on that mic'd up of Baker where he throws a TD to someone  during the WFT game and he ran over to OBJ and Landry and told them to be patient.

We can't say whether or not they're actually putting pressure on Baker, but that clearly shows that it's in Baker's head to get those guys the ball. At least with Landry he has chemistry, but he has zero chemistry with OBJ and that could be the issue.

Agreed, its almost like he has the pressure to feed both Landry and OBJ since they are both boys. OBJ moreso because of who he is and it doesnt help that he is very demonstrative when he doesnt get the ball or a bad pass is thrown his way. Its square peg round hole with those two.

5 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Yeah, this can’t be a thing where your QB has to keep soothing egos after a TD pass.

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Objs 2021 salary is now guaranteed for 15.5 due to injury. 

It can make it easier to trade him because we are eating the money. 

Not going to be able to trade him until he can prove to teams that he's healthy, likely training camp.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, this can’t be a thing where your QB has to keep soothing egos after a TD pass.

Yeah, there is no proof that he had to be soothing egos there but it is obviously in his mind that he should. It may be with reason (pretty normal for the diva WR type) but either way it isn't something you want your QB to worry about...ever.