OBJ torn ACL, done for the season

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
44 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That DPJ tho

6’2 runs a 4.48

Not really, he doesn’t play to that timed speed.  Never has

Well he hasn’t been asked to play like that. He really went deep once and he beat his man to catch the game Winner. 

in reality, that speed deep threat has never been a staple of Stef’s offense. He doesn’t work his offense vertically. It’s always been about horizontally. Hence why he loves the TEs

I can’t remember who I was watching but they were talking about Brady and his early issues with Tampa. It was along the lines, Brady was struggling early cause in Arians scheme, it was about reading your deepest threat and working your progression to short. Where prior, Brady was all about doing the opposite of that outside of the Randy Moss year. Which also makes sense with last year, it seemed like Freddie wanted Baker going deep every chance he got. Hence why I think he has had trouble reading defenses and progressions because he has been asked to do so many things different. 

browns need WRs who can occasionally go deep to keep defenses honest but I think it’s more so about getting to their spots and stretching the defense horizontally. I think we saw that today because baker was throwing the ball all over the field today. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well he hasn’t been asked to play like that. He really went deep once and he beat his man to catch the game Winner. 

in reality, that speed deep threat has never been a staple of Stef’s offense. He doesn’t work his offense vertically. It’s always been about horizontally. Hence why he loves the TEs

I can’t remember who I was watching but they were talking about Brady and his early issues with Tampa. It was along the lines, Brady was struggling early cause in Arians scheme, it was about reading your deepest threat and working your progression to short. Where prior, Brady was all about doing the opposite of that outside of the Randy Moss year. Which also makes sense with last year, it seemed like Freddie wanted Baker going deep every chance he got. Hence why I think he has had trouble reading defenses and progressions because he has been asked to do so many things different. 

browns need WRs who can occasionally go deep to keep defenses honest but I think it’s more so about getting to their spots and stretching the defense horizontally. I think we saw that today because baker was throwing the ball all over the field today. 

I get your point, but there’s a difference between having a guy who can legit beat teams over the top and a guy who beat someone deep once.

Stefanski has had Diggs and OBJ, so there’s always been “that guy”, just like most good offenses have someone that a defense has to respect.

I’m not saying we need some big name guy, but simply a dude who, if not respected, can take the top off every now and then.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

How about Antonio Callaway? I know he had a rough go at his first destination, but this organization is all about second chances at receiver.

Hasn’t played in a few years.....last I thought maybe he played in the XFL

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get your point, but there’s a difference between having a guy who can legit beat teams over the top and a guy who beat someone deep once.

Stefanski has had Diggs and OBJ, so there’s always been “that guy”, just like most good offenses have someone that a defense has to respect.

I’m not saying we need some big name guy, but simply a dude who, if not respected, can take the top off every now and then.

But how do we know DPJ can’t beat teams over the top? Stef doesn’t really run that route. That take the top off the defense guy is usually your 3rd WR playing in the slot. The guy who is going to run the seam or inside the hashes. Browns rarely use that kind of personnel grouping to accomplish that. 

He wants you to cover the 52 yards from Side line to side line. Not Really 35 yards from the LOS. He more so wants you to use a safety to cover the TE