GDT: The Cow Patties vs The Horse Patties

DaBoys

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

This one reeks of Stephen to me. It's just a case of them not wanting to admit that they were wrong. Byron Jones, who should be eating up $9-10M of this team's 2020 cap instead of Crawford, is a case of the opposite. They decided years ago that he wasn't in their long-term plans, weren't even going to exercise his 5th-year option but for Kris Richard's insistence, and were not dissuaded by two years of All-Pro caliber play. With Crawford, they did the deal early with the logic being "hey we could be getting 80% of the production of a Suh or Dareus at 50% of the market value" and just... never admitted defeat.

I honestly thought the cutting of Crawford would be the first thing the new coaching staff did. I thought he was a pet of Garretts‘ staff. I guess he was actually attached to the FO more than Garrett. I also find it interesting that when Crawford thought he might be released he offered to take a pay cut, and the Cowboys refused. I’ve never heard of a player offering to take a pay cut and the team saying no

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I honestly thought the cutting of Crawford would be the first thing the new coaching staff did. I thought he was a pet of Garretts‘ staff. I guess he was actually attached to the FO more than Garrett. I also find it interesting that when Crawford thought he might be released he offered to take a pay cut, and the Cowboys refused. I’ve never heard of a player offering to take a pay cut and the team saying no

He was 100% a Garrett guy, team captain and such, which is why I attribute him still being here to Stephen. SJ and the Clapper are an awful lot alike, philosophically, speech-pattern wise, etc. Some sects of Cowboys Twitter will insist to you that Stephen is the reason Garrett lasted as long as he did here, not Jerry. I don't where they source that, but you listen to Stephen on his weekly 105.3 appearance and the way he phrases/frames things (process, execution) is decidedly Garrett-esque.

Was it a ploy?? All week we heard about little Ben zipping the ball around. We came out with so many gadget plays.. which I liked. However I didnt see how his "amazing" practices rolled into that game. Could it of been the wind? Maybe.. I just feel like every play he wanted to escape the pocket. I mean Id be scared too with that Oline. Just my thoughts. Happy we lost tho, but it was kinda fun game to watch, well I mean it was fun watching the defense. Glad they actually came to play for once 

6 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

Was it a ploy?? All week we heard about little Ben zipping the ball around. We came out with so many gadget plays.. which I liked. However I didnt see how his "amazing" practices rolled into that game. Could it of been the wind? Maybe.. I just feel like every play he wanted to escape the pocket. I mean Id be scared too with that Oline. Just my thoughts. Happy we lost tho, but it was kinda fun game to watch, well I mean it was fun watching the defense. Glad they actually came to play for once 

I think it was the speed of the game. He struggled going through progressions imo. Common in rookies.