GDT: The Cow Patties vs The Horse Patties

DaBoys

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Thankfully we aren't playing any teams as ****ty as Philly until Dec. 27th when we play them again. 

Next 6 vs Pitt, Minn, Wash, Balt, Cincy, and SF.

What do you think our record will be after the SF game?

Edited by Tony7188

You guys acting like Dallas has been in the top 5 often. The injuries this year along with covid made this season a wash. More so when Dak went down. When he went down mostly everyone shifted their focus on getting a top pick. Last time Dallas had a top pick that draft class changed things. That's what we are hoping for again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

A new OC/DC and a top 2-5 pick should help tremendously for next year.

WE DONT NEED NEW OC.....     we were leading foot ball in yards points...   until DAk went down.. the ONLY problem with the offense was the turnovers, fumbles....  new DC... hmmm hard to tell our current DC hasn't had even close to the personal he expected to have this year.  And was trying to make due with a very flawed roster...

PHilly is a terrible team but we only gave up 23 and 9 or maybe even 16 of that was gift points by the offense.... 

3 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

What do you think our record will be after the SF game?

Pretty easy to see 0-6 in next 6. I can't imagine getting more than 1 victory. Stranger things have happened though.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

question, with the potential for some really embarrassing losses coming, does MM make it to the end of the season?? Nolan as well?

For MM to not make it, Dallas has to have a big run of embarrassing loses. Not out of the question, but I really don't see them firing MM. Nolan and KM though....not so confident they survive this. 

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

You guys acting like Dallas has been in the top 5 often. The injuries this year along with covid made this season a wash. More so when Dak went down. When he went down mostly everyone shifted their focus on getting a top pick. Last time Dallas had a top pick that draft class changed things. That's what we are hoping for again. 

We get the concept. Some people are dreamers though. We want DiNucci to throw for 500 yards and breakout as the next Romo. We don’t want Zeke to regress to what he has. We wish Steele was the next great undrafted OT. We don’t like Jaylon Smith being lost. We hate when our DBs get burned. Why? Because it means our players suck. That’s not good for our team. I would rather have pick 17 and a roster that’s a player away from a contender than have pick 3 and be hopeless. 

7 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I would agree with that to a point.. my problem was how badly the "team" played to end last season...  right now we have a major number of players on this team that has zero history of "winning".  on offense we have ... Zeke, Martin and Dak... that's it... on D Dlaw maybe Smith.. that is it....  everyone else on this team does not know what it is like to say have a winning culture and even win a playoff game. 

Mostly I was hoping the young players on this team would continue the development I've seen the past few years and be solid players.. a loosing year just sets them back.  Players like Lewis, Brown, Woods, some of the young D line and O Line players..    how does games like this help Gallup or CD Lamb gain confidence.   I just can not stress how important winning culture is and a loosing culture is...  why do you think in the past so many vets went to NE and had good to great years. 

Edited by quiller

4 minutes ago, quiller said:

Ask Cleveland how that works for you always picking in the top 5-7...  sure you get better players but those players get used to loosing all the time and never really give the effort you need.   Sometimes, no a lot of times its more about the effort of your team and the player. That plus the injuries has been the huge problem for the last 16 games more then the team just sucks...  

Or you got a Spurs situation. 60 win team in 95-96. 96-97 season Robinson went down with an injury team was terrible a few ping pong balls fall right Get the top pick and they get this kid out of wake forrrest and within 2 years take home a title and start a dynasty. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Thank you for explaining to the ones who don't get it.

Just now, quiller said:

I would agree with that to a point.. my problem was how badly the "team" played to end last season...  right now we have a major number of players on this team that has zero history of "winning".  on offense we have ... Zeke, Martin and Dak... that's it... on D Dlaw maybe Smith.. that is it....  everyone else on this team does not know what it is like to say have a winning culture and even win a playoff game. 

You can't compare last year with this year though. Old coaches, new regime. Same players but in a different system, more so on defense though. Offense basically stayed the same. With a top draft selection in multiple rounds and more when Jerry trades, the team can add pieces to the defense that it desperately needs. Nothing is wrong with the offense besides ball security. If Dallas can sure up the defense with those top draft selections it can be a worst to first kind of thing. 

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We get the concept. Some people are dreamers though. We want DiNucci to throw for 500 yards and breakout as the next Romo. We don’t want Zeke to regress to what he has. We wish Steele was the next great undrafted OT. We don’t like Jaylon Smith being lost. We hate when our DBs get burned. Why? Because it means our players suck. That’s not good for our team. I would rather have pick 17 and a roster that’s a player away from a contender than have pick 3 and be hopeless. 

Dallas has had "the most talented roster" for years and that has gotten them mid-early 1st round picks. Still no change.

Having the chance to draft an elite prospect with a top 5 could change things.