GDT: The Cow Patties vs The Horse Patties

DaBoys

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

Thank you for explaining to the ones who don't get it.

OH I think a lot of us understand the thinking.. and I totally understand the point of the spurs.. the problem is WE can hope next year were adding Dak back and then a pro bowl level defender. But the reality is if we go 2-14 does Jones really want to invest in a 40 M QB on a team with that bad of a supporting cast. HE is a business man.. paying a 40 M QB makes sense when the team is good enough to challenge to at least make the NFC championship....  it makes no sense when its just to "hope" you make the playoffs.  And right now until as a unit our defense starts playing more cohesively this team will struggle. We also need to have some hope.. or expectation of a greatly improved OL...  is Smith going to be okay.. Collins.. get those two back and sure if the secondary LB group shows improvement then it is a reasonable expectation of adding Dak and 1-2 more high quality defenders and this team could be a contender. But this team right now needs more then just a no1 pick and second round starter and Dak coming back. 

Personally I see if this team fails to show any positive improvement this year Jones is going to say.. okay time to blow things up and not resign Dak... Draft a rookie QB and go from there.. 

12 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Dallas has had "the most talented roster" for years and that has gotten them mid-early 1st round picks. Still no change.

Having the chance to draft an elite prospect with a top 5 could change things. 

I would say "the most talented offensive roster" for years...   I think we only had one or two years of a quality D in the last decade and even then I was never comfortable in trusting out D.  Think of our last playoff losses...   the rams game the D was non existent.. the GB losses the D was unable to stop GB in the clutch.   Though I would give you the Romo team that lost to GB as very close to "most talented roster".  

9 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Dallas has had "the most talented roster" for years

And yet, every year I make a thread asking if we are once again over hyping this "talent" and every year I get told by everyone that "no, we have (literal quote) 'ALL PROS' at everywhere".

I dont think we are nearly as talented as the rest of this forum. That said, I also dont think we are as far off either. A top 5 pick could easily help nudge us over the edge. We were a few unlucky plays from being ~4-1 to start the season W/Dak.  

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And yet, every year I make a thread asking if we are once again over hyping this "talent" and every year I get told by everyone that "no, we have (literal quote) 'ALL PROS' at everywhere".

I dont think we are nearly as talented as the rest of this forum. That said, I also dont think we are as far off either. A top 5 pick could easily help nudge us over the edge. We were a few unlucky plays from being ~4-1 to start the season W/Dak.  

Part of it is coaching as well.

If everyone is healthy which is a big if, the offense is more than fine.

Elite WR group, very good running back if he holds onto the ball and a very good QB.

A line of Tyron, C-Will, Biadasz, Martin and Collins is above average. Knight showed promise as a swing tackle.

It is the defense that needs work. How many defensive players would you keep?

Tank, LVE, Diggs, Wilson, RG, Aldon Smith. Everyone else can go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Part of it is coaching as well.

If everyone is healthy which is a big if, the offense is more than fine.

Elite WR group, very good running back if he holds onto the ball and a very good QB.

A line of Tyron, C-Will, Biadasz, Martin and Collins is above average. Knight showed promise as a swing tackle.

It is the defense that needs work. How many defensive players would you keep?

Tank, LVE, Diggs, Wilson, RG, Aldon Smith. Everyone else can go.

I'd bring back Awuzie on a cheap deal if possible, keep Anthony Brown. If we end up with a top five/ten draft pick, I'd spend that pick on the best DL/DB possible and invest most of my top picks on those areas. I'd move on from Jaylon, and unless the player is a truly once-in-a-generation kind of player (i.e. Kuechly/Willis) I'm not taking a LB before the 4th round. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'd bring back Awuzie on a cheap deal if possible, keep Anthony Brown. If we end up with a top five/ten draft pick, I'd spend that pick on the best DL/DB possible and invest most of my top picks on those areas. I'd move on from Jaylon, and unless the player is a truly once-in-a-generation kind of player (i.e. Kuechly/Willis) I'm not taking a LB before the 4th round. 

Dline and Secondary for sure. Some interior oline depth as well.

Also depends on who is running this defense.

Just now, matt79511 said:

I didn't know where to put this so why not here:

Tyrone Crawford has not recorded a box score statistic since Week 4 against the Browns. He has 1 solo tackle and 4 assisted tackles on the season.

If we started keeping score of how many times he was blown off the line of scrimmage, he would be 2nd in the league, right behind Poe.

5 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I didn't know where to put this so why not here:

Tyrone Crawford has not recorded a box score statistic since Week 4 against the Browns. He has 1 solo tackle and 4 assisted tackles on the season.

He has to have some dirt on Jerry. I can't understand why he's been allowed to stick for so long. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

He has to have some dirt on Jerry. I can't understand why he's been allowed to stick for so long. 

This one reeks of Stephen to me. It's just a case of them not wanting to admit that they were wrong. Byron Jones, who should be eating up $9-10M of this team's 2020 cap instead of Crawford, is a case of the opposite. They decided years ago that he wasn't in their long-term plans, weren't even going to exercise his 5th-year option but for Kris Richard's insistence, and were not dissuaded by two years of All-Pro caliber play. With Crawford, they did the deal early with the logic being "hey we could be getting 80% of the production of a Suh or Dareus at 50% of the market value" and just... never admitted defeat.