Cowboys News and Memes - Offseason edition

Matts4313

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

What happened to Wilson??? Guess the Defense is going all in on Tanking now too!! 

Groin injury. 

55 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If Reggie Robinson can't make the gameday roster...

Yeah, it's not looking good. 

12 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Jerry On Firing Himself As Cowboys GM

Jerry Jones Addresses the Idea of Firing Himself As The Dallas Cowboys GM

Jerry has said over and over and over, as long as he is the owner of the team, he will always be the GM. This is nothing new. No idea why this keeps getting brought up time and time again. It’s a pipe dream. Nothing more. Until he either croaks or hands the team to Stephen, we won’t see a change at GM. 

44 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep, I know when the season started the attendance was at the top of my list. The old man talks too much and it shows how out of tune he is

I know this is an unpopular take, but I am personally thankful to have an owner who cares about the fan experience. I know we'd all prefer to just win, but 1) I don't think those things are mutually exclusive, and 2) there are a lot of teams that lose and also have poor fan experience and low access to the team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Well, there it is. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Yep, I know when the season started the attendance was at the top of my list. The old man talks too much and it shows how out of tune he is

To this day I still question how risky it is comparatively. Obvi we should all stay locked indoors and never go outside. But I have yet to read anything that suggest the games are particularly dangerous. 

I read 1 article that said something about 6 'contact traced' people attending. Not even affected. 

I’m not talking about the COVID risk. They could have a 100k at games, I don’t care. I’m talking about him using attendance as some meter for a successful season.
I recall a game in which Dallas got thumped at home (new stadium) and was asked if he was embarrassed. His reply was something along the lines of “would you be embarrassed by this?” ....motioning to the stadium. The attendance reference gives me the same vibe. 
I know it’s what he does and he trying to make something good of it, but it comes off as polishing a turd to me.

Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m not talking about the COVID risk. They could have a 100k at games, I don’t care. I’m talking about him using attendance as some meter for a successful season.
I recall a game in which Dallas got thumped at home (new stadium) and was asked if he was embarrassed. His reply was something along the lines of “would you be embarrassed by this?” ....motioning to the stadium. The attendance reference gives me the same vibe. 
I know it’s what he does and he trying to make something good of it, but it comes off as polishing a turd to me.

It’s all about money for Jerry, always has been. He is a masterful marketer with his product. More people in his seats, the more money lines his check book. 

this is what’s always boggled my mind. Championships should always be at the top of the list. More championships brings more money.

Edited by textaz03

9 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

this is what’s always boggled my mind. Championships should always be at the top of the list. More championships brings more money.

Yeah, exactly. Just imagine if we were having Patriot-level success. The sales would be through the roof. 

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I know this is an unpopular take, but I am personally thankful to have an owner who cares about the fan experience. I know we'd all prefer to just win, but 1) I don't think those things are mutually exclusive, and 2) there are a lot of teams that lose and also have poor fan experience and low access to the team. 

I get ya but Its a small consultation.

Kellen Moore has interviewed with Boise St. per multiple sources. Appears he and Oregon DC, alumni Andy Avalos are the front runners, with Montana St HC Jeff Choate also in the mix. 

I’m going to go ahead and plan on Moore not being part of Cowboys’ coaching staff when season is completed.

40 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Kellen Moore has interviewed with Boise St. per multiple sources. Appears he and Oregon DC, alumni Andy Avalos are the front runners, with Montana St HC Jeff Choate also in the mix. 

I’m going to go ahead and plan on Moore not being part of Cowboys’ coaching staff when season is completed.

We’re going to let another one get away.