Cowboys News and Memes - Offseason edition

Matts4313

Just now, WizardHawk said:

I really, really do not like JS. It’s a shame too. He worked so hard to get back in game. Got paid and became a shell of what he was. “It’s all love” ... seriously, wtf is that?

Massive ego. I want Zeke gone, but he at least seems to recognize he isn't doing the things he needs to do. Jaylon makes a basic tackle down 30 points and celebrates. 

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

Massive ego. I want Zeke gone, but he at least seems to recognize he isn't doing the things he needs to do. Jaylon makes a basic tackle down 30 points and celebrates. 

yeah, I cant stand tackle celebrations when the runner goes for any positive yardage! OR when you just took a DPI cause you just went over the top of a receiver and you start flexing your muscles. Get a clue dude!!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

yeah, I cant stand tackle celebrations when the runner goes for any positive yardage! OR when you just took a DPI cause you just went over the top of a receiver and you start flexing your muscles. Get a clue dude!!! 

Really is sad how far the LB core on this team has fallen in two years. From the toast of the town to what everyone's talking about here. 

There's gotta be consequences for a defensive year this bad. And i think blame can be shared between the LBs and just pure unfiltered terrible coaching from Nolan. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some good info from Bobby (if you click on it, the thread also talks about savings from pre- and post-June 1 cuts).

I guess a Cooper restructure could make sense, they'd probably add a void year in '25. The rest of these I would hope to avoid. D-Law already has cap figures pushing $30M in '22 and '23 with significant dead money

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I guess a Cooper restructure could make sense, they'd probably add a void year in '25. The rest of these I would hope to avoid. D-Law already has cap figures pushing $30M in '22 and '23 with significant dead money

Some people think we will try and bail from the Amari contract at some point, in which case, it wouldn’t be wise to restructure. But I don’t really agree. He’s only 26, is playing really high-level football, has great chemistry with Dak, and is no-drama. $14M could give you the flexibility to do a lot of other stuff in free agency.

I agree the other 4 probably don’t make much sense to restructure.

As for potential cuts, $7.2M for Jaylon and $2M for Chris Jones make a lot of sense. 

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Some people think we will try and bail from the Amari contract at some point, in which case, it wouldn’t be wise to restructure. But I don’t really agree. He’s only 26, is playing really high-level football, has great chemistry with Dak, and is no-drama. $14M could give you the flexibility to do a lot of other stuff in free agency.

I agree the other 4 probably don’t make much sense to restructure.

As for potential cuts, $7.2M for Jaylon and $2M for Chris Jones make a lot of sense. 

Yeah Cooper's deal is structured in a way where they can bail from it for only $6M dead cap in '22 since his base becomes guaranteed the fifth day of the league year. Technically you could restructure him this year and still post-June 1 cut him next year but that is unlikely.

You actually save a hair more by adding the void year to do the full five-year restructure than what Bobby has listed ($15.2M). That's definitely in play, wish I'd thought of that before I went off about how he's dead on about Tyron, lol. Still think there might be something to that. Jaylon and Chris Jones have to go.

35 minutes ago, D82 said:

Bobby seems set Tyron is gone. 

Bobby has a spotty history with his controversial takes. It’s not a bad strategy to get people talking about you, but I don’t buy this yet.

If he had some sort of inside info on Tyron’s injury recovery, he should make that clear. Because that is a situation where Tyron could be gone. But Bobby isn’t claiming that, and almost no other “insider” is pounding that drum.