Cowboys News and Memes - Offseason edition

Matts4313

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If he’s recovered from his injury, sure. He’s a guy who can take the top off of a defense.

I think Waddle is something I dream about but probably wouldn’t actually be willing to pull the trigger on without a trade for Gallup already in place. You get diminishing marginal returns at some point. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think Waddle is something I dream about but probably wouldn’t actually be willing to pull the trigger on without a trade for Gallup already in place. You get diminishing marginal returns at some point. 

If we were to pull a move like that, I expect it would be with the understanding that Gallup will either be traded or walk in free agency.

21 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If we were to pull a move like that, I expect it would be with the understanding that Gallup will either be traded or walk in free agency.

I think Gallup is probably walking in a year either way. But if Waddle is going to be WR4 as a rookie, it probably makes more sense to draft and develop a guy with a pick on Day 2. 

6 hours ago, atran35 said:

Hopefully, Reggie Robinson and Bradley Anae gets some snaps. 

DBs are really full-time players; there isn’t a whole lot of opportunity for rotation. I think Reggie’s only path to meaningful playing time is as an injury replacement. I do hope he’s able to lock down the #4 corner spot, be ready to step in if needed, and play 5-10 snaps a game in dime packages.

Anae, on the other hand, has a real shot to earn a spot in the rotation. You need a lot of bodies on the DL, even if everyone is healthy.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/demarcus-lawrence-tyrone-crawford-dallas-cowboys-nfl 

This is why the Cowboys wouldn’t cut Tyrone to save a couple of bucks. People like to say the NFL is a business, but forget that business has a very real human component to it. 

I would’ve cut him, anyway. He was an overpaid progress stopper.