2020 Week #8 GDT Steelers at Ravens

Steeler Hitman

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Ben saying that he was making plays up from the huddle in the second half is all I needed to know to fire Randy tomorrow. 

We are offensively are our best when we eliminate the guy paid to gameplan and call plays. 

they should demote randy to QB coach and make Canada the OC next yr

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yeah, D looked different after Judon got ejected. Allowed you guys to double Yannick and Ben had time to pick us a part and do what he wanted. Fair play to you guys. 

yeah..did not see the offense producing like it did after that 1st half.

great game.. can't wait for our thanksgiving match-up!

19 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Ben saying that he was making plays up from the huddle in the second half is all I needed to know to fire Randy tomorrow. 

We are offensively are our best when we eliminate the guy paid to gameplan and call plays. 

I literally said this two or three times in the GDT. As a Coordinator how can you be this bad?

The second half came down to the Ravens having no answer for the Steelers empty set. That probably won't happen again. It's the sort of thing I'd be cursing Tomlin about as the Ravens have traditionally struggled when the Steelers have spread them out and  thrown the ball.

46 minutes ago, August4th said:

they should demote randy to QB coach and make Canada the OC next yr

I do wonder if something like that is possible. I just still can’t point my finger to anything Randy does that’s impressive and We are seeing a lot of obvious Canada influence. Maybe he and Ben will hit it off and Ben will sign off on Randy’s demotion/exit. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I do wonder if something like that is possible. I just still can’t point my finger to anything Randy does that’s impressive and We are seeing a lot of obvious Canada influence. Maybe he and Ben will hit it off and Ben will sign off on Randy’s demotion/exit. 

and Canada does not stay at one place for long. He'll leave for a OC job next yr if a offer is out there. Keep him here as the OC, before that happens

4 hours ago, August4th said:

he seemed like a nightmare to defend despite these stats. I haven't been into a game like this in years, but was today.  I thought Jackson did much better than those stats. Well they ran the ball at will, that should have helped the ravens, but perhaps that's the way you defend the ravens...I don't know.  Just unreal how that game was. I thought the defence was tired, but they saved the game 

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-beating-ravens-without-their-a-game-a-scary-proposition-for-rest-of-nfl

there are defensive highlights there, really good plays throughout the game. 

What would beating the Ravens be without Harbaugh crying about something after the fact?

I asked about the time, I got no answer on that. I think they said the time was fine”, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said after the game. CBS rules analyst Gene Steratore said during the broadcast that “I think there’s definitely more than the eight [seconds] that we’re looking at right now”.

While they may have had a case there that they should have had more time (the play itself ended with 18 seconds remaining), Harbaugh and Snead also complained about a hit to the head on the final play of the game in the end zone. “As far as the last play, the shoulder to the helmet”, there was no explanation. “They didn’t say a word about it. They just ran off the field.”

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/11/john-harbaugh-complains-about-lack-of-answers-about-time-contact-on-final-play-of-game/

Great coach. Biggest...ahem...whiner...in the league.

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I don't know who to blame, but I expect fichner to get some blame since he IS the OC.  That was a good defence though, lets not forget that. However, we are playing calls next week, and if fichner fails there, then we can start the official fire fichner thread, sound fair?