Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

16 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I think you HAVE to re-sign Leonard Williams now. He's officially made his case. 🤑

Everybody played a part in that upset though. UDFAs, late-round draft picks, backups... even Engram. 

Yep, I think they're gonna end up paying him at this point and he's had a very good season. But I do think it'll end up being a mistake

1 minute ago, GMENNATION said:

Yep, I think they're gonna end up paying him at this point and he's had a very good season. But I do think it'll end up being a mistake

He's thrived in this defense. Patrick Graham knows how to utilize him, Coach Chaos has refined his technique, and he benefits from a really cohesive secondary. We need to pay him, and I don't think it will be a mistake. He's been fantastic this year.

32 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He's thrived in this defense. Patrick Graham knows how to utilize him, Coach Chaos has refined his technique, and he benefits from a really cohesive secondary. We need to pay him, and I don't think it will be a mistake. He's been fantastic this year.

Need to pay him? I agree he is a good fit for our system, I am not sure sure he is 20 million a year player, which he will probably be able to demand on the open market. 

31 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Need to pay him? I agree he is a good fit for our system, I am not sure sure he is 20 million a year player, which he will probably be able to demand on the open market. 

Exactly, this is my only gripe. I'm not saying he hasn't been great and is extremely valuable on this defense. I just think he's going to end up costing too much. 

Was thinking about making a thread for this, but I'll just put it here instead.

Gettleman and the FO may have done the impossible and hit on almost every day 3 pick. Darnay Holmes, Shane Lemieux, TJ Brunson, Cam Brown, Carter Coughlin, Chris Williamson, and Tae Crowder. That's our starting nickel CB, starting LG, 2 rotational/starting EDGE, and a starting ILB. Brunson isn't doing much and Williamson just got cut, but that is an absolutely insane day 3. Early returns look really good.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Was thinking about making a thread for this, but I'll just put it here instead.

Gettleman and the FO may have done the impossible and hit on almost every day 3 pick. Darnay Holmes, Shane Lemieux, TJ Brunson, Cam Brown, Carter Coughlin, Chris Williamson, and Tae Crowder. That's our starting nickel CB, starting LG, 2 rotational/starting EDGE, and a starting ILB. Brunson isn't doing much and Williamson just got cut, but that is an absolutely insane day 3. Early returns look really good.

All about finding smart players and finding a coaching staff that can actually coach.

7 minutes ago, Acgott said:

All about finding smart players and finding a coaching staff that can actually coach.

The coaching staff has been incredible, and it is very obvious that their input was strongly considered for every pick we made. Judge's fingerprints are all over this roster.

Speaking of that, I have a prediction regarding this coming offseason: I think Gettleman retires and Abrams is promoted to GM, with Judge retaining his crucial input regarding player acquisition/retention/etc. Gettleman is getting old, and this way it placates the fans while retaining the structure the Maras like, as well as the structure that obviously worked this past draft, with Judge having a strong input in the draft and FA choices. Judge and Abrams seem to have a really good relationship, as evidenced by the recent collaboration effort they had regarding the scout team legend jerseys (Carter Coughlin wearing LT's jersey, for example).

Gettleman had a great year this year, if his prior two years were like this we would be one of the elite teams in the NFL.  The problem is his prior two years were not like this and he has made some truly dreadful decisions. 

There is no way Gettleman is getting fired now, I just have to hope that Judge continues to play a strong influence on Gettleman and we will have more free agent and draft like this year than in the past two years.

I was reading the background on Carter Coughlin. I had no idea he was being touted in his first year at Minnesota as a 1st rd pick. Article i read said due to poor subsuquent seasons his draft stock fell thru the floor. Interested to see how this kid grows into his role on this team. 

Edited by Giants4eva