Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

OTC is finally showing Nate Solder's new contract details.

Pretty sure he won't be on the roster in 2022 with that cap hit.

Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Roster Bonus Workout Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 

2021 33 $3,900,000 $6,500,000 $0 $100,000   $0   $10,500,000 5.7%  
$10,500,000
$0
2022 📝 34 $9,900,000 $4,000,000 $4,000,000 $100,000   $0   $18,000,000 8.9%  
$4,000,000
$14,000,000

31 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Give me Ojulari or Slater at 11. The former is the best edge in the draft and the latter is the best OL, imo. 

I'm a fan.  He bends and turns the corner like a boss.  6'2" 250 is on the smaller side, but 34.5" arms at his pro day.  The Giants were at the pro day and paying close attention to him apparently

But they were also in on Leonard Floyd until the very end when he re-signed with the Rams.  I think the best available comparison for him is Jayson Oweh athleticism-wise.  The Giants also have a former Penn State coach on their staff, so they should have inside info on Oweh.

Regardless, lots of options at edge in the draft.  Could trade down to #20 and pick up one of these guys.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Do you have any analysts that has Ojulari that high?

Not that high, no. I'm personally high on him, and I know some analysts are as well, but they mostly have 1 or 2 guys above him. For me, he is #1. He played great against really good competition and he's only 20 years old. He'd be a consensus reach at 11, but I wouldn't mind. 

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

Pretty sure he's still the consensus #1 edge according to the experts.  Big, long, productive, athletic.  Also only 20 years old as of today. 

Would have to think he's the odds on favorite to be the pick at this point.  I wouldn't rule out WR yet though.  Sheppard is oft injured and expensive.  Also Slayton will expect a payday when his contract is up.  

Prior to this week I was in favor of drafting a corner in round one. Now that we have Adoree Jackson, I think we should spend that pick on an o-lineman or a pass rusher.

The former might be the greater need, honestly. Imagine last year's offensive starters, minus Zeitler, trying to protect Daniel Jones. Out of that group, Andrew Thomas is the only one I really trust to get the job done. 😬