Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

6 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

My view will hopefully change with our 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft.  Before the draft I felt we were the favorites to win this division. Now I see us neck and neck with Dallas. If Dallas draft a few more key defensive players and we don't, I would have to put Dallas as the favorites to win the NFC East.

the first round of the draft shouldn't change your opinion of the division odds

I don't agree with who we took with our first pick but it is what it is.  atleast we got a lot of value to move down.  i feel like toney was a reach value wise AND has character issues but thats just me  

I would've much preferred Paye at 20.  

just a random thought, but with the selection of toney i think that the current coaching staff thinks that sheppard will be gone after this season, i personally never believed in the rumors we were in on a WR but clearly that was incorrect.

both picks tomorrow need to be used on D

2 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

the first round of the draft shouldn't change your opinion of the division odds

I did say I hope my view would change with our 2nd and 3rd picks.

The three top defensive players in this draft were the two cornerbacks and Parsons. We allowed Dallas to get a defensive player that some have said is a generational player. He is going to improve their defense. All they need now is a CB and maybe someone on the D-line then their defense should be able to be able to be at least average. Combined with that high powered offense why should they not be considered the favorite to win the NFC East?

As for our defense, the rest of the NFL now has a season of tape on how to defeat it. If I am the other team, I double and chip Leonard where ever he is. What player do we have on defense do we expect to step up and put pressure on the QB when that happens? Right now no one.

It was a good, if not grade trade it really set us up for 2022, just right now  at this moment it feels like we have let the 2021 season slip through our fingers. Again hopefully our 2nd and 3rd picks tomorrow will change how I am feeling right now.

Oh man...Really feel like we missed out at drafting one of the top guards.  I don't hate the pick just didn't see receiver as a first round need.  I think KT is going to make an outstanding receiver for us.  

Big day tomorrow as we've got to nail these next two picks, would like to see us take a shot at Azeez or Basham if they are still on the board.  Don't see a guard worth the pick this early in the second but if we miss out on either of these Edge rushers, I'd be good drafting either Creed Humphrey, C - OU or even Christian Barmore, DT - Alabama.  So there is still a ton of talent with these next two picks.

Even an Asante Samuel Jr would be cool this early in the second.

Edited by ny92mike

The Giants must have looked at the 2020 offensive tape and blamed the WRs because they paid Kenny Golladay $17 million per year, and now they drafted Kadarius Toney in round one.  The offensive weapons are there.  

The question now is whether the O-line will hold up long enough for DJ to get them the ball.

PFF_Moo does a bunch of analysis on the value of draft picks, and is a big proponent of trading down.  He’s also been critical of DG for never trading down in the past. 

Edited by Gmen

5 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I feel like this pick is more about Sheppard not being on the team past this year rather than Toney.  Let's see what happens but at least we have a first next year to show for it.  

I agree with this.  But in the short-term, it gives the Giants 4 quality receivers.  With the prevalence of injuries at the position, that's not a bad thing to have. 

• Like 1

Time to see where we go today with the 2nd rd. Im still not quite happy with the Toney pick, me personally i felt all the way up to the draft we were going pass rusher or an olineman. Never saw us taking a WR. I really feel we made a monumental mistake not going with Parsons or Slater. But time to move on. If he slips i can see us going to Azeez Ojulari at our next slot