Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

I dunno sounds to me from KB's comments that Gettlemen sought him out and recruited him to come into camp and not the other way around. He says he was happily retired but figured he'd give it one more go since DG drafted him. At least from his comments that is what I gather. Problem is DG did this without JJ's blessing and that caused the rift. Then I think Judge was just looking for any reason to cut him. I doubt KB would have made the final roster anyway but this does come off as petty and targeted by Judge. Last I will comment on it because it's meaningless at this point. But I was pulling for him to make the roster and be some sort of hybrid vertical threat TE. EE needs to step up this season and prove his worth. 

5 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I dunno sounds to me from KB's comments that Gettlemen sought him out and recruited him to come into camp and not the other way around. He says he was happily retired but figured he'd give it one more go since DG drafted him. At least from his comments that is what I gather. Problem is DG did this without JJ's blessing and that caused the rift. Then I think Judge was just looking for any reason to cut him. I doubt KB would have made the final roster anyway but this does come off as petty and targeted by Judge. Last I will comment on it because it's meaningless at this point. But I was pulling for him to make the roster and be some sort of hybrid vertical threat TE. EE needs to step up this season and prove his worth. 

Judge is the real leader of this team. Gettleman needs to clear this stuff with him in the future. So I don't blame Judge for not warming up to this move, but if this is true I can't really blame it on Benjamin either. He thought he was getting a window of opportunity and ended up with a tiny crack in the door. (Insert joke about Kelvin being unable to squeeze through cracks here.)

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

Hard to see exactly what happened. RB Corey Clement took a big hit at the end of a run. TE Evan Engram retaliated and then he got popped by Logan Ryan. Then everybody — and I mean everybody — jumped in.

e02NnEBo_x96.jpg

After doing 100 yard runs — and not hard enough for Joe Judge’s liking — players are now lined up on the foal line doing push ups. There is dead silence except for Joe Judge’s whistle and his expletives. … So many expletives.

e02NnEBo_x96.jpg

Giants players are running goal line to goal line again … and again … and now back to push ups. Joe Judge is doing his best Herb Brooks imitation now.

GIF

e02NnEBo_x96.jpg

Now Joe Judge gathered his players around him … and sent his coaches away. He wants them all to himself.

e02NnEBo_x96.jpg

And now practice is mercifully over. Wow. I’ve never seen Joe Judge that angry. Actually I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone that angry.

Lots of news from Giants training camp today! Garrett showed up wearing a shirt that said "FIGHT," and got his wish. The brawl started with a big hit on Corey Clement. Don't know who the defender was but Evan Engram retaliated, then Logan Ryan got pissed and hit Evan. At that point everybody seemed to jump in, Daniel Jones included.

It's the kind of story that gets bigger every time someone writes about it. Last I heard, Gettleman was in there throwing haymakers. 😆

Kenny Golladay might have tweaked his hamstring during a pass play (defensed by Tae Crowder). He was able to walk off. Hope he's okay. 

And after a few days of Judge's training camp, LB Todd Davis decided to call it a career. Safe to say this team is not the right place for veterans looking to coast.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2