Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Great and if Gettlemen walks or is axed the likely candidate to take over is Kevin Abrams... his understudy and assistant GM. It'll be the same old same old making those 5 picks.

If I am Mara I do make Kevin Abrams the next GM with the understanding make the playoffs or he getting rid of everyone including  Abrams and Judge. 2023 is when we can truly blow things up if needed. Speaking of Judge sense he been here our drafts have been a bit better I think we will have another good draft this year. 

im pretty sure who ever the next GM is, they must learn from DG's mistakes. The #1 mistake is you have to have a good set of lines to win in football. Who would've thought? (sarcasm) U ask me those 2 #1s' you better here the names, and in no particular order, Linderbaum, Green, Cross. 2 of those 3 must be the picks. Forget about a pass rusher because come this offseason, were gonna end up having Andrew Thomas.. then everybody else. Hernandez i doubt will be back, Lemieux will be coming back off injury, Nick Gates career could possibly be over, Matt Peart is still learning, Skura and Price are likely gone, and Nate Solder will be the first one sent packing. After that spend that entire rest of the draft on pass rushers and even more oline prospects

• Like 1

It'll probably be Martinez, Rudolph and Shepard that get cut to free up cap space. Bradberry is enticing due to the savings but he's too important. That CB room gets really shaky really quickly if he's gone. MLB would also be dicey but Martinez doesn't make enough impact to justify the cap hit. Rudolph is at the end. Maybe the offer him a pay cut since Engram is probably gone too but I wouldn't hate having them roll with Kaden Smith and some young classic TE types. 

I don't see them cutting Logan Ryan. Not enough cap savings, he's a leader on the team and they're not bringing back Pep. If Gates can't play they'll release him and that'll free up $2.5MM.

They'll get the cap space but they're not going to be big players this offseason, obviously. The good news is all of these signings the last two offseasons were 3 year deals. After next year you're out from under most of it. 

For that reason, you roll with Judge and DJ for one more year, focus on improving the OL through the draft and go from there. 

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Anyone else entirely on board with trading for Russell Wilson this offseason if he is available? I'd gladly trade our 2 first rounders for him, plus more.

It's tempting. If nothing else he knows how to consistently scramble or improvise when a line is collapsing around him, which is more than Daniel Jones has shown us. But there's the problem: the line would still be collapsing around him. The Giants are not one quarterback away from being real contenders. Most of our draft capital over the next few years will be needed to rebuild the offensive line and improve the pass rush.

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

It's tempting. If nothing else he knows how to consistently scramble or improvise when a line is collapsing around him, which is more than Daniel Jones has shown us. But there's the problem: the line would still be collapsing around him. The Giants are not one quarterback away from being real contenders. Most of our draft capital over the next few years will be needed to rebuild the offensive line and improve the pass rush.

DJ's pocket presence is def subpar. He is a tough kid, but he doesn't have a good feel for the pass rush. I was almost going to say that it's not something you can learn - but then I remembered Eli's pocket awareness was HORRIBLE early in his career. He looked like a deer in headlights and then a ragdoll. Say what you want about his weaknesses, but it became one of his major strengths by the time he was a seasoned vet. Eli developed a great feel for the pocket. Maybe DJ can have a similar development. Or maybe not 🤷🏽‍♂️ I really don't know how to feel about him.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, minutemancl said:

Anyone else entirely on board with trading for Russell Wilson this offseason if he is available? I'd gladly trade our 2 first rounders for him, plus more.

No sir.

Not that I'm not a fan of Wilson, but you could put Brady or any other top rated QB on this roster and without a line we're in the same situation.

"I'd gladly trade our 2 first rounders" ... 

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

I really hate the idea that with a new GM comes the possibility we draft a QB with our top pick.  Personally, I think it would be a mistake.  Sadly, due to DG's incompetence we really haven't seen Daniel's true potential.  Early on he failed by not providing him with targets, then he finally gets him some legit targets while sacrificing the offensive line yet again.  

I wasn't a fan when Dave drafted him 6th overall, most people believed that was a major reach but I do see potential with this kid and believe he deserves at least another year under a new GM and Coordinator/ QB coach to get one last look at who he really is.  

Gettleman is a joke.  Makes me sick to think that people like this are making millions of dollars a year.  He's a walking mistake.  I didn't like him when they signed him and I dislike him even more.  The owners should make a statement and fire him now.  They'll let him stick around until the season is over so that he can retire on his own accord.  

I'd slap his *** down the stairs and slam the door on his way out.

get out gotham GIF by HULU

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I really hate the idea that with a new GM comes the possibility we draft a QB with our top pick.  Personally, I think it would be a mistake.  Sadly, due to DG's incompetence we really haven't seen Daniel's true potential.  Early on he failed by not providing him with targets, then he finally gets him some legit targets while sacrificing the offensive line yet again.  

I wasn't a fan when Dave drafted him 6th overall, most people believed that was a major reach but I do see potential with this kid and believe he deserves at least another year under a new GM and Coordinator/ QB coach to get one last look at who he really is.  

Gettleman is a joke.  Makes me sick to think that people like this are making millions of dollars a year.  He's a walking mistake.  I didn't like him when they signed him and I dislike him even more.  The owners should make a statement and fire him now.  They'll let him stick around until the season is over so that he can retire on his own accord.  

I'd slap his *** down the stairs and slam the door on his way out.

get out gotham GIF by HULU

There is a 0.00001% chance we draft a QB earlier than Round 5 this year and probably not at all. A new GM isn't going to do it either. 

When was the moment you knew Dave Gettleman wasn't the answer?

For me it was when he initially blew it up.  His trading and cutting rampage that left the defense unidentifiable.

I believe it was the same time frame when he destroyed the offensive line as well.

I think back and the list of things that this man did just blows the mind.  

What was the one thing that bothered you the most?

It kills me the way they handled Eli Manning's final few years.  

I remember pitching a fit over the team not drafting Quentin Nelson.  You just don't draft running backs 2nd overall...EVER!

Anyway, it's blast Gettleman time so hit me up with what bothered you the most or when you became aware that this was not the man to help us.   

5 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Anyway, it's blast Gettleman time so hit me up with what bothered you the most or when you became aware that this was not the man to help us.   

This year's draft, when he took zero offensive linemen and tried to scrape by with waiver-wire guys.