Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

5 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Ehh. Teams win Super Bowls if they have an elite signal caller regardless of how much they make. 

Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson are the only QBs on a rookie deal to win a Super Bowl in the past decade. And Wilson was literally just there as their defense had the greatest beatdown in Super Bowl history. 

The cap is an illusion. It doesn’t really exist for teams that can make it work. But Jones is going to command somewhere in the neighborhood of 20M from someone. 

Is Jones an elite play caller based on his 3.5 years in the league? He has had a great first half to the season, but is that worth a big contract? Why would other teams want to pay him rather than draft a rookie? He failed with two other coaches already. A big risk for a team to commit to.

You can push cap down the line with voids, but the bill will always come due. The dead money will eat at the cap. It should be a last resort, not something you want to use often.

Trading Toney opened up a little more cap space for the team.

According to Spotrac.  Est. Cap Space: $4,385,157

OTC has us about a million less.

So if we are around the 3 to 4 million range in cap space the team could add another receiver either through FA (perhaps Odell) or via a trade.

Not saying it'll happen just that we have a little cap space to work with.

• Like 1

Giants-Seahawks final injury report: Rookie guard Josh Ezeudu ready for second chance - Big Blue View

Giants-Seahawks final injury report

Giants

OUT

TE Daniel Bellinger (Eye)
G Ben Bredeson (Knee)
CB Cor’Dale Flott (Calf)
WR Kenny Golladay (Knee)
T Evan Neal (Knee)
LB Oshane Ximines (Quad)

QUESTIONABLE

T Tyre Phillips (Toe)
S Jason Pinnock (Foot)
DL Leonard Williams (Elbow)

Our weakest positions are WR, ILB, iOL, and CB. Receiver is self explanatory. I dont know if you all have noticed, but we've been cycling through ILBs the last few weeks like crazy. Micah McFadden played more than Tae Crowder yesterday (probably because Tae is straight up awful at basic run concepts). We are very unsettled there. Do we make any bye week moves at any of those spots? I doubt it, honestly. 

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Our weakest positions are WR, ILB, iOL, and CB. Receiver is self explanatory. I dont know if you all have noticed, but we've been cycling through ILBs the last few weeks like crazy. Micah McFadden played more than Tae Crowder yesterday (probably because Tae is straight up awful at basic run concepts). We are very unsettled there. Do we make any bye week moves at any of those spots? I doubt it, honestly. 

I doubt it as well. This was always set to be a rebuilding year. We exceeded expectations tremendously, but I don’t think anyone would say we are a good team to be feared. Good coaching and lucky breaks have taken us far.

Jaylon Smith is super slow as well. Watching him run out to cover a RB was awful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I doubt it as well. This was always set to be a rebuilding year. We exceeded expectations tremendously, but I don’t think anyone would say we are a good team to be feared. Good coaching and lucky breaks have taken us far.

Jaylon Smith is super slow as well. Watching him run out to cover a RB was awful.

I noticed that as well about Jaylon Smith. You know who would be a huge help in this defense? Blake Martinez. 

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I noticed that as well about Jaylon Smith. You know who would be a huge help in this defense? Blake Martinez. 

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan of any of our major cuts, but I do know he wanted to leave.

The good news is we already did most of our major traveling. The Giants are traveling the 8th most miles this year and we just completed a month with London, Florida, and Seattle. We just have Minnesota and Dallas where we won’t take the train to.

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Defense is top 10 in points allowed per game but is bottom 10 in rushing yards allowed. Does seem to indicate the LB corps is weak. But I feel like the defense is good enough to get in the playoffs as is. The offense outside of SB is pathetic. I see adding a WR as the top need. I thought maybe with the emergence of Robinson in the short game and Slayton over the top it'd be enough but clearly it is not. It's all Barkley. Golladay could return and add a boost but I just don't think his heart is in it. On Twitter I've seen grumblings that Giants are interested in Cooks and Jeudy but like you said I doubt it. I think they stand pat and grab impact players in the offseason and draft. Then another round of purging Gettlemans bad contracts and this team will be in really good shape.

I see 5 very winnable games left on the schedule even with the current roster. A 10-11 win season is a huge win for this administration. My guess is no major moves.

• Like 1