Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Our weakest positions are WR, ILB, iOL, and CB.

At wideout hopefully Golladay can give us something when he is cleared to play. At IOL perhaps Nick Gates can help in that area. At CB we should be getting Aaron Robinson back.

I don't expect any major moves to be made, it is not like we are one player away from winning the Super Bowl. If we played the Bills or the Chiefs we would get blown out. Even though we have sucked the last five years we are still the Giants, making a Super Bowl is not enough it is about winning the Super Bowl, this team can't do that this season.

I expect minor moves to be made, for example we clearly need to find someone else who can return punts. I would be very disappointed if we gave up  a 3rd round draft pick or higher in a trade to improve this team.  Don't short change the future of this team for the present, when it comes to winning this team is well ahead of schedule.

17 hours ago, ny92mike said:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2022/11/2/23437498/wr-isaiah-hodgins-claimed-off-waivers-by-new-york-giants

Big target for D. Jones.

Hoping they can get him caught up to speed with the bye week.  His size is very similar to Kenny's measurables.

Our WR situation is such that Hodgins will have to be a target, but it's hard to get excited about him. He did practically nothing in Buffalo except for one great catch.

40 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Our WR situation is such that Hodgins will have to be a target, but it's hard to get excited about him. He did practically nothing in Buffalo except for one great catch.

I get it...Not like we stole a badass off someone's practice squad it's a waiver claim.

While I love our current record at 6-2 I'm glad our front office didn't unload future draft picks for a receiver that team's were over valuing.  Still a slight chance we resign O'dell although unlikely.

Perhaps Kenny decides he's going to get healthy and give it his all for us...haha.

Stranger things have happened. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I get it...Not like we stole a badass off someone's practice squad it's a waiver claim.

While I love our current record at 6-2 I'm glad our front office didn't unload future draft picks for a receiver that team's were over valuing.  Still a slight chance we resign O'dell although unlikely.

Perhaps Kenny decides he's going to get healthy and give it his all for us...haha.

Stranger things have happened. 

I dont know for some odd reason, i just see after the bye he comes back and has a fire under him. I just see him changing his tune a bit after Toney got traded. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I dont know for some odd reason, i just see after the bye he comes back and has a fire under him. I just see him changing his tune a bit after Toney got traded. 

Toney gone, Shep done, Richie James in the dog house...  he's the highest paid player on the team and currently sits dead last in targets. If he can't make an impact going forward with all those factors lined up for him then he truly is garbage. Looking at his contract I don't think they could even feasible move/cut him til after 2023. Would eat 15 million in dead cap if I'm reading it right. Just a bad situation all around.

8 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Toney gone, Shep done, Richie James in the dog house...  he's the highest paid player on the team and currently sits dead last in targets. If he can't make an impact going forward with all those factors lined up for him then he truly is garbage. Looking at his contract I don't think they could even feasible move/cut him til after 2023. Would eat 15 million in dead cap if I'm reading it right. Just a bad situation all around.

Ya its a very bad situation. Unfortunately its one DG put us in with Golladay's overinflated value in the WR market. At this point, all we as fans can hope for is Kenny wakes up. I for one wanna believe he does. If he doesn't.. welp not alot we can do. But ya bad situation is putting it lightly. 

45 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Barring some insane, otherworldly 2nd half of the season resurgence from Golladay, I can guarantee you he won't be here next season. We eat $15 mill in dead cap, but his cap number on the roster is $21.5 mill, so we save $6.5 mill ultimately. 

I think I said it in the draft threads we had this offseason- we need a rehauling of the WR room, and it wouldn't have surprised me to see Toney and Golladay gone after 2022. That looks to be the case. Look at the WR free agent class too, and you can make an educated guess that WR reinforcements will come via drafted players as well. It's a shame Marvin Harrison Jr isn't coming out next year. Smith-Njigba, anyone?

• Like 1

Joe Schoen did a huge round of interviews this week, and while all of it was interesting to listen to, one thing stood out specifically to me. 

Joe talked with Peter Schrager about the 2018 draft with Buffalo that he was a part of and mentioned specifically having ammunition to make moves. Buffalo made multiple moves in that draft to move all over the 1st round; they eventually came away with Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds. I have a feeling those picks we got for Toney, and other picks as well, won't be used by us to select players at those spots. I think those are picks that will be leveraged to move up and around the draft, specifically in the first round if we end up in the playoffs and are picking around 20. We made something like 11 selections last year; I expect we make a lot less this coming year.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, minutemancl said:

Joe Schoen did a huge round of interviews this week, and while all of it was interesting to listen to, one thing stood out specifically to me. 

Joe talked with Peter Schrager about the 2018 draft with Buffalo that he was a part of and mentioned specifically having ammunition to make moves. Buffalo made multiple moves in that draft to move all over the 1st round; they eventually came away with Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds. I have a feeling those picks we got for Toney, and other picks as well, won't be used by us to select players at those spots. I think those are picks that will be leveraged to move up and around the draft, specifically in the first round if we end up in the playoffs and are picking around 20. We made something like 11 selections last year; I expect we make a lot less this coming year.

It's what teams have done better than us for years. You go through months and months of draft evaluation only to sit there and hope your guy falls to you wherever you are. You can't do that. Keep yourself flexible to go get him. 

Man this bye week sucks.  I really wanted some Big Blue this week...haha.

Would be awesome if we could resign Odell but not holding my breath considering we don't have much cap to work with...Thanks Dave.

This offseason I fully expect the team to unload Kenny and Sterling.  Neither can stay on the field even if it cost money to do it.