Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Man this bye week sucks.  I really wanted some Big Blue this week...haha.

Would be awesome if we could resign Odell but not holding my breath considering we don't have much cap to work with...Thanks Dave.

This offseason I fully expect the team to unload Kenny and Sterling.  Neither can stay on the field even if it cost money to do it.

Shepard is a FA, but I’ll imagine we sign him for the minimum. He’s been cheering on the sidelines 

Just now, Acgott said:

Shepard is a FA, but I’ll imagine we sign him for the minimum. He’s been cheering on the sidelines 

According to OTC he has contract is a void year but because he's had so much money pushed to future years.  He'll cost us over 4 million in dead money.  

https://overthecap.com/player/sterling-shepard/4753

If we resign him I'll I'll I'll....Well I'd be upset.  Not worth paying him another dime to sit on the bench.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

According to OTC he has contract is a void year but because he's had so much money pushed to future years.  He'll cost us over 4 million in dead money.  

https://overthecap.com/player/sterling-shepard/4753

If we resign him I'll I'll I'll....Well I'd be upset.  Not worth paying him another dime to sit on the bench.

Well you can’t blame him for Gettleman’s deal.A minimum deal for a decent player, even who is injured a lot, is still a good deal. If we don’t, I wouldn’t lose sleep

19 hours ago, Acgott said:

Well you can’t blame him for Gettleman’s deal.A minimum deal for a decent player, even who is injured a lot, is still a good deal. If we don’t, I wouldn’t lose sleep

I'm not blaming him just pointing out that his contract didn't help our cap.

54 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not blaming him just pointing out that his contract didn't help our cap.

True. We picked up a little extra dead money next season due to the base salary conversion for cap purposes, but it would be a very small difference 

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

True. We picked up a little extra dead money next season due to the base salary conversion for cap purposes, but it would be a very small difference 

5 million is 5 million.  When restructuring contracts we shouldn't have been looking to restructure players that can't stay on the field.  Just puts us in poor situations in the future.  

36 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

5 million is 5 million.  When restructuring contracts we shouldn't have been looking to restructure players that can't stay on the field.  Just puts us in poor situations in the future.  

My point was he would have had the same dead money even if he wasn’t restructured. With Shepard, we had no choice. We have no money.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

My point was he would have had the same dead money even if he wasn’t restructured. With Shepard, we had no choice. We have no money.

I get that our cap situation wasn't great, but it was primarily due to poor transactions by Dave that put our team in that situation.  

My point is that Dave restructured his contract after Sterling missed a considerable amount of time.  If we had to restructure to free up cap, I would have looked elsewhere.

Doesn't matter, not even sure why we are debating it...haha.  Nothing that can be done at this point to change it.

One thing we can agree on is that we'll have money this offseason.  Enough money to purchase a few more wins I'd say.

It will be interesting to see what Joe Schoen does with Aaron Robinson. I could see him traded for a late round pick in the offseason. Most likely, they'd wait until training camp and see what the competition looks like at CB but I don't see Schoen as a guy that sits back and hopes a guy magically becomes healthy AND becomes a contributor. And by the time that happens, Robinson would only have a year left on his deal. It's a shame because it's a steep drop for Robinson, who has potential. But you have a to recoup assets while you still can and they can improve the position without him here. 

• Like 2

So we are at 7-2 through 9 games. We are past the halfway point; there are 8 games left.

v Lions

@ Cowboys

v Commanders

v Eagles

@ Commanders

@ Minnesota

v Colts

@ Eagles

The 'should-win' games are home against the Lions and Colts. Anything can happen in divisional games, but both games against the Commanders are definitely winnable. We won't be favored on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys, @ Minnesota, and in both games against the Eagles (although if the Eagles keep up their pace, they very well may be benching starters in that final week).

So how do you think we finish? I think 11 wins is probably the most likely; that puts us at .500 the rest of the way. I think we split against the Commanders, take the should-win games against the Lions and the Colts, then steal one somewhere else, probably in week 18 against an Eagles team that is resting their starters. 11 wins should definitely be enough to get us into the playoffs, and probably as the 5 or 6 seed. That's big, because that gets us a wild card game against, most likely, the Buccaneers or the Seahawks/Niners.

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

So we are at 7-2 through 9 games. We are past the halfway point; there are 8 games left.

v Lions

@ Cowboys

v Commanders

v Eagles

@ Commanders

@ Minnesota

v Colts

@ Eagles

The 'should-win' games are home against the Lions and Colts. Anything can happen in divisional games, but both games against the Commanders are definitely winnable. We won't be favored on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys, @ Minnesota, and in both games against the Eagles (although if the Eagles keep up their pace, they very well may be benching starters in that final week).

So how do you think we finish? I think 11 wins is probably the most likely; that puts us at .500 the rest of the way. I think we split against the Commanders, take the should-win games against the Lions and the Colts, then steal one somewhere else, probably in week 18 against an Eagles team that is resting their starters. 11 wins should definitely be enough to get us into the playoffs, and probably as the 5 or 6 seed. That's big, because that gets us a wild card game against, most likely, the Buccaneers or the Seahawks/Niners.

I said a while ago 10-11 wins. However the  Mckinney injury is making me think more just 10 wins. The Lions have a better QB and Wideouts than the Texans, without Mckinney this is going to be a real battle. If we can get Mckinney and some of our key people back in time I can see us sweeping the Commanders and ending their playoffs hope which would be very satisfying.  

Playoff picture for the entire NFC East is very interesting almost deserve it own thread on another section. Right now, mostly interested in the Lions and if the Vikings can help us out and beat the Cowboys this weekend.