Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

So we are at 7-2 through 9 games. We are past the halfway point; there are 8 games left.

v Lions

@ Cowboys

v Commanders

v Eagles

@ Commanders

@ Minnesota

v Colts

@ Eagles

The 'should-win' games are home against the Lions and Colts. Anything can happen in divisional games, but both games against the Commanders are definitely winnable. We won't be favored on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys, @ Minnesota, and in both games against the Eagles (although if the Eagles keep up their pace, they very well may be benching starters in that final week).

So how do you think we finish? I think 11 wins is probably the most likely; that puts us at .500 the rest of the way. I think we split against the Commanders, take the should-win games against the Lions and the Colts, then steal one somewhere else, probably in week 18 against an Eagles team that is resting their starters. 11 wins should definitely be enough to get us into the playoffs, and probably as the 5 or 6 seed. That's big, because that gets us a wild card game against, most likely, the Buccaneers or the Seahawks/Niners.

Not really sure how this will unfold but I find it amazing that we are even having this discussion with this being the first year with a new front office and coaching staff.  

Absolutely amazing!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Not really sure how this will unfold but I find it amazing that we are even having this discussion with this being the first year with a new front office and coaching staff.  

Absolutely amazing!

Yep no matter what happens going forward this season has far surpassed anything I expected. Even one and done in the playoffs would still be a huge momentum builder for this administration. One more offseason of offloading dead weight and bad contracts, another Schoen draft and FA haul. We could do some real damage next season. Honestly it's just nice to have some hopium again.

So what do you guys think is Kenny's problem?  And do you think he can fix it?

Crazy to think how much money this player is making and sadly our front office hands are tied until the next season.

Dave really screwed the bank when it came to his receiver transactions.   

22 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Crazy to think how much money this player is making and sadly our front office hands are tied until the next season.

Dave really screwed the bank when it came to his receiver transactions.   

I think he's checked out mentally. He's just going thru the motions until this season is over and we get rid of him. The more i watch him play the more i see a subpar WR. He cant get separation and he's continually just useless.  Can he fix his issue? Sure he can, but at this moment in time he doesnt want to. Matt Stafford deserves an academy award for making this fool look like he can actually play. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I think he's checked out mentally. He's just going thru the motions until this season is over and we get rid of him. The more i watch him play the more i see a subpar WR. He cant get separation and he's continually just useless.  Can he fix his issue? Sure he can, but at this moment in time he doesnt want to. Matt Stafford deserves an academy award for making this fool look like he can actually play. 

Amazing that someone making the kind of money he is making is doing the business so wrong.  I just can't believe it.  Millions of dollars and he can't give 100%.  I couldn't face my teammates, coaches, general manager or owners if I was in his shoes. Absolute embarrassment.

Dave Gettleman deserves a poke in the eye.  You go back to him extending and then trading Odell to his latest event of drafting Toney.  His transactions and decision making has been bad to say the least.

4 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

This is what most people seem to conclude, and you all very well may be right. However, I have a different take. Kenny was routinely making ridiculous catches during his time in Detroit. Like, contested, acrobatic catches - and a bunch of them. That has nothing to do with the QB - so crediting Stafford for that simply doesn't work logically. That type of ability transfers to any QB. It's gotta be mental with him. With all the pressure from signing that massive contract and coming from Detroit to the NY media. Then into an offensive with a terrible coordinator and philosophy. Naturally, he had a bad season. Literally everyone on this offensive did last year. Even Saquon! I just think all of that pressure and failure to meet expectations has taken a toll on him mentally, and it's been difficult for him to clear his mind of that. I think that's why we're seeing him make these unforced errors on the field. I truly believe he still has the ability. He just needs a mental reset. I don't know what steps he needs to take to accomplish that. But I would imagine there are options.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets it sorted. I know you guys are all pissed at him. But the reality is - this team needs a guy with the abilities he's displayed in the past. I'm hoping he can resolve it and get back to doing what he was doing with Detroit.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, ny92mike said:

Daniel Schneier of Big Blue Banter said a contact of his told him the Giants Doctors checked out Golladay hip before Gettleman sign him to a contract. Those Doctors told Gettleman that Golladays hip would never be the same again. Despite that Gettleman outbid himself to over pay for Golladay.

I believe between his hip, not being in a system that fits what he does, and as much as I like Daniel Jones he is not Matthew Stafford in his prime, at least not yet. I believe those three factors have caused Golladay to check out mentally.

22 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Reading that Odell is planning to visit both Dallas and Giants after Thanksgiving.  Sounds like these two teams are his top two landing spots.

We really could use his talent, maybe he could light a match under Kenny.

I’ll be surprised if we sign him. We don’t have the money and we shouldn’t give him a long term deal like it’s rumored he’s asking for and we aren’t. I also don’t think we are contenders. Love to sign him to give us any decent receiver.

Just now, Acgott said:

I’ll be surprised if we sign him. We don’t have the money and we shouldn’t give him a long term deal like it’s rumored he’s asking for and we aren’t. I also don’t think we are contenders. Love to sign him to give us any decent receiver.

Who knows what will happen, but I wouldn't have any issue with signing him.  Cost wouldn't be much this first season considering how late in the season it is.

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Every signing of the minimum affects us. We have just over $2M

You think I was born yesterday?...haha.

You know teams can come up with cash when they need it.  Spotrac has us at just under 4 million.

I'm not saying it'll happen but we would be crazy to just blow it off.  Our worst position is wide out and O'Dell is a play maker.

12 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You think I was born yesterday?...haha.

You know teams can come up with cash when they need it.  Spotrac has us at just under 4 million.

I'm not saying it'll happen but we would be crazy to just blow it off.  Our worst position is wide out and O'Dell is a play maker.

Not sure where OTC and Spotrac different with $2.6M and $3.7M.

Coming up with cash means either restructuring Golladay or using void years, both hurting next year. OBJ cost a minimum of $388k for the season, again not a lot and absolutely worth it if we can get that price. Anything more and we are very pressed if we need to put a player on IR. We have played the last month and a half with 51 or 52 players to save every dollar.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

Not sure where OTC and Spotrac different with $2.6M and $3.7M.

Coming up with cash means either restructuring Golladay or using void years, both hurting next year. OBJ cost a minimum of $388k for the season, again not a lot and absolutely worth it if we can get that price. Anything more and we are very pressed if we need to put a player on IR. We have played the last month and a half with 51 or 52 players to save every dollar.

When did you start promoting restructures?  I remember you saying the opposite in the mock drafts you were a part of years back.

Just now, ny92mike said:

When did you start promoting restructures?  I remember you saying the opposite in the mock drafts you were a part of years back.

I do not want to do it. It’s an absolute disaster, but we do not have enough money to finish the season. I’ll rather just put everyone we need to on IR and suffer through the roster.