Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

5 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Assuming the top 2 receivers are gone by the time we pick and Pitts as well, I'd rather get a veteran in here to help.

I believe there is a big three when it comes to wideouts in this draft. I would have no issues if the Giants drafted Waddle after looking at this video.

Rumors abound concerning where Deshaun Watson will end up this year. Dan Orlovsky says that if he were the Giants he would give up Saquon, DJ, and three first-rounders for Watson. I don't know what he's smoking but that's ridiculous.

Not to be outdone, new Jets HC Robert Saleh came out and said that Jets fans are more "invested" and passionate about their team than Giants fans are. Which is also B.S. I get that he's trying to pump up his team but don't poke the bear.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 3:49 PM, y*so*blu said:

Rumors abound concerning where Deshaun Watson will end up this year. Dan Orlovsky says that if he were the Giants he would give up Saquon, DJ, and three first-rounders for Watson. I don't know what he's smoking but that's ridiculous.

Not to be outdone, new Jets HC Robert Saleh came out and said that Jets fans are more "invested" and passionate about their team than Giants fans are. Which is also B.S. I get that he's trying to pump up his team but don't poke the bear.

If that got it done, I’d absolutely do it. Detroit just got two 1’s for Stafford. Watson is younger and better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Watson is good, but not so good that he can turn us around all by himself. I'd pass.

I agree, I think we can be a dominant if we do nearly as well as last year with our free agents and the draft. 

Watson would be a great fit for the Washington Team, which is why I am happy about the Stafford trade. If Stafford is worth 2 first round picks and a 3rd, Watson is worth so much more. If Washington or any gets him they are giving up on their future for the next several years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WideRight said:

He doesn’t have to turn us around in 2021 to be worth it. He can be part of a turnaround in the years after that. He’s still quite young.

Even if the Giants front office wanted to trade for him, I can't imagine Dave Gettleman following through with it, because it would show that he failed in drafting Daniel Jones.

33 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Even if the Giants front office wanted to trade for him, I can't imagine Dave Gettleman following through with it, because it would show that he failed in drafting Daniel Jones.

Oh, I’m not in any way expecting it to happen. I’m just saying that if that were the price, it shouldn’t stop them.

• Like 1

For those of you saying trade for Watson I have two points to make.  Orlovsky said he would give that up if he were the Giants, but I don't think that's a realistic trade to be honest.  And are you ok with giving up 3 firsts?  I get it, QB is the most important position and Watson is really good and young, but this team is more than that away from competing for CHAMPIONSHIPS which should be the ultimate goal.  If the superbowl tonight proved anything it should have proved no matter how good your QB is if the other team is more well rounded you can only make up for so much.   The Giants can't afford to give up that many picks.  They need talent.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

For those of you saying trade for Watson I have two points to make.  Orlovsky said he would give that up if he were the Giants, but I don't think that's a realistic trade to be honest.  And are you ok with giving up 3 firsts?  I get it, QB is the most important position and Watson is really good and young, but this team is more than that away from competing for CHAMPIONSHIPS which should be the ultimate goal.  If the superbowl tonight proved anything it should have proved no matter how good your QB is if the other team is more well rounded you can only make up for so much.   The Giants can't afford to give up that many picks.  They need talent.

Yet, tonight showed how quickly it can turn with the right QB.  TB was 7-9 last year. A franchise without much juice. Some nice weapons - which the Giants don't have right now, so they're rebuild would likely take longer - but Watson is young enough to be around a while. Especially in today's NFL. Three ones? Their last 4 one's were Thomas, Jones, Lawrence, and Baker. Watson is a franchise QB. I'd give 3 ones in a heartbeat for that.