Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

But why would the networks want that game? A low scoring affair for 1 market?

Games could turn out in any fashion. Also Rams-Chargers was going to be week 17 SNF but that changed. So crosstown rivalries can definitely be played in primetime (the last such game being the 2018 Raiders-49ers game on TNF, the last Battle of the Bay). There have also been all-LA games on national TV, a Saturday afternoon game in 1982 at the Coliseum and a MNF game in 1985 at Anaheim Stadium (both between the Raiders and Rams).

So yeah, just because two teams share a market doesn't mean they can't meet on national TV.

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Games could turn out in any fashion. Also Rams-Chargers was going to be week 17 SNF but that changed. So crosstown rivalries can definitely be played in primetime (the last such game being the 2018 Raiders-49ers game on TNF, the last Battle of the Bay). There have also been all-LA games on national TV, a Saturday afternoon game in 1982 at the Coliseum and a MNF game in 1985 at Anaheim Stadium (both between the Raiders and Rams).

So yeah, just because two teams share a market doesn't mean they can't meet on national TV.

Of course, but this is a game played by two poor offenses. It’s must more logical to have it flexible. These two teams have the the worst offenses of the past 3 years. You are setting it up for a bad game.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Of course, but this is a game played by two poor offenses. It’s must more logical to have it flexible. These two teams have the the worst offenses of the past 3 years. You are setting it up for a bad game.

But what if it turns out to be a shootout? If these teams met in primetime and had a shootout, people would talk about it for a long time. Plus MNF isn't the showcase game it was prior to 2006. They are the second-tier primetime package now. Lots of ESPN's MNF games have featured teams that had forgettable seasons the year prior, and/or having one entering the game.

Edited by pf9

Just now, pf9 said:

But what if it turns out to be a shootout? If these teams met in primetime and had a shootout, people would talk about it for a long time.

Then it be a great game. I propose first week of November. If the two New York teams are good, it can be a great game. But if they go back to their mean, as the past 5 years shows. Then we can easily replace it with a more exciting game.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

Then it be a great game. I propose first week of November. If the two New York teams are good, it can be a great game. But if they go back to their mean, as the past 5 years shows. Then we can easily replace it with a more exciting game.

I edited my post since you quoted.

6 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I edited my post since you quoted.

Why would Amazon, NBC, ESPN want to be locked into that game? It has a high probability to be a poor game. It does not make business sense. Allowing it to be flexible is much smarter for everyone.

11 minutes ago, pf9 said:

NFL games in national TV slots do well in the ratings regardless of the records of the teams involved or how good the offensive performances are. It's been proven many times.

Yes, but good games do better. I’m not sure what the issue is making it flexible. It makes sense for everyone since the risk of it being a poor game is so high.

Hey guys...just a quick question but what do you guys think will happen in the offseason with Leonard Williams? He is due over $32 million next season and as much as he has played well when I have seen you guys this season he hasn't been massively productive...could he be cut to save you $18 million?

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Hey guys...just a quick question but what do you guys think will happen in the offseason with Leonard Williams? He is due over $32 million next season and as much as he has played well when I have seen you guys this season he hasn't been massively productive...could he be cut to save you $18 million?

No. His cap savings is $12M with 20M dead money. He battled some injuries this year, but hasn’t been bad. The team suffered when he has been off the field. Giants have the 4th most cap space next year, so they aren’t starving for cash. Maybe they’ll extend him to spread the hit, but I don’t think they will cut him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

No. His cap savings is $12M with 20M dead money. He battled some injuries this year, but hasn’t been bad. The team suffered when he has been off the field. Giants have the 4th most cap space next year, so they aren’t starving for cash. Maybe they’ll extend him to spread the hit, but I don’t think they will cut him

Interesting...the $18 million I was referring to was as a post June 1st cut...the injuries would make a lot of sense for the down year...thanks for the info 🙂

Are we ready for the postseason??

NVM, let's get ready for Week 18 first. Eagles must be hoping we do them a favor and rest our starters.

Boy would it be a shame if we cost them the division instead.

Edited by y*so*blu