Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

27 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Are we ready for the postseason??

NVM, let's get ready for Week 18 first. Eagles must be hoping we do them a favor and rest our starters.

Boy would it be a shame if we cost them the division instead.

I think it would be a mistake to rest starters. Momentum is just way more important. I was totally against Coughlin playing the starters in week 17 in 2007 against the Pats. Game was meaningless for us. But we took them to the brink and you could instantly see how it made a huge impact on the postseason. This is a very similar scenario. Even if it's a loss playing them tough and building up that confidence means alot. Plus the chance to cost them the #1 seed and the division. Not that I want to help the Cowboys but man Philly has gashed us time and again costing us the playoffs. Would love some redemption.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Are we ready for the postseason??

NVM, let's get ready for Week 18 first. Eagles must be hoping we do them a favor and rest our starters.

Boy would it be a shame if we cost them the division instead.

We definitely should rotate players a lot more especially Saquon, Dexter, and Leo. Eagles or Cowboys, doesn’t matter who wins, it’s not us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

We got what we want, the Vikings in the first round. If we beat the Eagles next week we will probably be facing them in the first round.

Win or lose, our seed is locked in. We have a 92% chance to face Vikings and 8% to face 49ers. The only scenario where we won’t face the Vikings is if 49ers lose to Cardinals and Vikings beat Bears. 

22 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Win or lose, our seed is locked in. We have a 92% chance to face Vikings and 8% to face 49ers. The only scenario where we won’t face the Vikings is if 49ers lose to Cardinals and Vikings beat Bears. 

Hmm and we could knock the Eagles down to the #5 seed. The Eagles are the team I fear the most in the playoffs, if we can hurt their seeding the in the playoffs then lets do it. They would do the same to us if in our position. Start everyone!

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Hmm and we could knock the Eagles down to the #5 seed. The Eagles are the team I fear the most in the playoffs, if we can hurt their seeding the in the playoffs then let’s do it. They would do the same to us if in our position. Start everyone!

If the Eagles are the team you fear, we shouldn’t play our starters much. Why give them more information on our schemes and players if we will play them again in a few weeks. They have to win the game vs. us and will use their top plays to get it done.

On top of that, it is also unlikely Vikings will have anything to play for and could rest some of their players. Unlike in 2007, we don’t have the benefit of having an extra day when we played on Saturday. That extra rest is crucial. We don’t want Vikings to have any advantages on us.

Just now, Acgott said:

If the Eagles are the team you fear, we shouldn’t play our starters much. Why give them more information on our schemes and players if we will play them again in a few weeks. They have to win the game vs. us and will use their top plays to get it done.

On top of that, it is also unlikely Vikings will have anything to play for and could rest some of their players. Unlike in 2007, we don’t have the benefit of having an extra day when we played on Saturday. That extra rest is crucial. We don’t want Vikings to have any advantages on us.

Because it is about kicking the best team in the conference  when they are down. If Hurts can't play and needs a few more weeks to get healthy enough to play, why give Hurts those extra weeks if they have the #1 Seed? If we can force the Eagles into a lower seed good chance another team can take the Eagles out for us. Also if they are a lower seed decent chance we would not have to face till the NFC Championship round. 

11 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Because it is about kicking the best team in the conference  when they are down. If Hurts can't play and needs a few more weeks to get healthy enough to play, why give Hurts those extra weeks if they have the #1 Seed? If we can force the Eagles into a lower seed good chance another team can take the Eagles out for us. Also if they are a lower seed decent chance we would not have to face till the NFC Championship round. 

That’s a great scenario, but we shouldn’t risk ourselves to do it. Heavy rotations and keep our guys fresh. Leo is still dealing with his neck injury. Dex has played the 6th most snaps for any DL. Kayvan and Leo average the 12th and 16th most snaps. Saquon is number 1 for RBs. Reducing their workloads would be highly beneficial, even if it cost us the game. We don’t want to play a grueling game against the Eagles, and then have to play on a short week vs a fresh Minnesota.

7 minutes ago, Acgott said:

That’s a great scenario, but we shouldn’t risk ourselves to do it. Heavy rotations and keep our guys fresh. Leo is still dealing with his neck injury. Dex has played the 6th most snaps for any DL. Kayvan and Leo average the 12th and 16th most snaps. Saquon is number 1 for RBs. Reducing their workloads would be highly beneficial, even if it cost us the game. We don’t want to play a grueling game against the Eagles, and then have to play on a short week vs a fresh Minnesota.

Any one who is hurt should use this game to rest, other than that we are not a veteran that can turn it on and off like Tampa Bay and the Titans. We are on hot streak right now with the team playing well the last two games. Lets not cool ourselves down by resting most of our players for the Eagles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

Any one who is hurt should use this game to rest, other than that we are not a veteran that can turn it on and off like Tampa Bay and the Titans. We are on hot streak right now with the team playing well the last two games. Let’s not cool ourselves down by resting most of our players for the Eagles.

We can still be competitive if we reduced our key player’s snaps from 100% to 80%. I’m not saying we bench our players at halftime, just reduce key workloads throughout the game.

• Like 1

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that two of the players I doubted most, have done the most to prove me wrong this season.

The first was Daniel Jones, who I initially had high hopes for... perhaps unreasonably high. How much of it was him and how much of it was poor coaching will be debated endlessly, but the bottom line is he was not putting the team on his back like we needed him to.

This year is different. Daniel is growing into the role. He's felt pressure coming, cut down on the turnovers, and helped us win when opponents shut down the run. Those are the biggest issues I had with him, and he's addressed all three.

The second player is Kayvon Thibodeaux. I thought he had bust written all over him, and said so. He's made me eat those words. The stats don't tell the story because he gets held constantly, but the guy is beasting. Seeing him live is downright scary; he seems to tower over everyone else on the field.

I would much rather see us win and be proven wrong than lose even more and be proven right. Another helping of crow, please! 

I think the starters will generally play, with an exception or two. To me, Leonard Williams should be OUT. He's been fighting like hell to get on the field all season and obviously playing through injuries. A week of rest could do wonders for him. Saquon and DJ should play but expect Saquon to only see about 10 carries. If the game is close late, he could get more but he will be managed. DJ will probably have a slide mandate but play the whole game. Dex has already queitly been game-managed. He hasn't gone over 75% of snaps in 4 weeks. Expect him to stay in the 70 range. Finally, Azeez will definitely be on a pitch count but active. 

Other than that, the guys are playing and they'll see how the game progresses.