Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

8 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

12 million is more than fair, in fact I am thinking kind of cheap. I am not in love with Golladay but come on if he is healthy he is that big body down the field target we been looking for. If Golladay is a bust, 12 mill a year is not going to cripple us at all. 

The numbers for Allen Robinson if he was not franchised was supposed to be around 20 mill a year. I was thinking  if we could get Golladay for just 15-16 mill a year that would be fair. If we can get Golladay for just 12 mill a year, I might nominate DG for GM of the year myself. 

Yes, but where did you hear our offer is $12M? I have not seen anything regarding financials 

9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I believe I was the first person critical of  DG when others were wanting him to be nominated as GM of the year. As much as I dislike DG and wish he was gone it is clear the DG and Judge combo is working. The Giants can't handle an Alpha... and? Judge is from the Patriots the Patriot way can easily be seen as 'Shut up' and Do your job. Who were the outspoken Alpha's on the Patriots?

I've been critical of him since he first started dismantling the roster.  I'm not sure I would classify this pair as "working" but more like Judge is saving Dave from being fired.    

I can't really speak on why Steve Smith said what he said but to answer your question about who the Alpha is on the patriots?  I'm not sure who that is now, it was Tom Brady, who just won another ring with Tampa Bay.  Alpha and drama queens are two different things, and most receivers are drama queens, they have to be it's the nature of the position.  I don't think it has anything to do with this though.  

The Patriot way works, if our overall talent did not suck we would have won this division last year. If we get the right players (and with Judge around I believe we will) I see us winning this division. As for Juju, you really think Juju is an Alpha? Do you really want a Wideout that inspires the defense by dancing on his opponents team logo in the center of the field as his pregame warmup. To me that is not leadership, I want no part of JuJu.

Not really sure why you are asking me about JuJu.  

I don't believe anyone here has disliked DG as long as I have, but as they say winning is a powerful perfume. I see us doing a lot of winning with Judge around and DG implementing Judge's version of the Patriot way.

Again...I'm not a fan of DG and haven't been since he signed.  I don't think it should take this long to rebuild a team.  However, it does take this long if you completely remove every single player not signed by this GM.  The team didn't need to go to this extreme to rebuild a roster.  In doing it this way, it's cost us we aren't a popular team right now which I attribute to how DG has conducted business by not valuing players and just treating them like numbers.  He pissed off a lot of people with how he handled the Manning situation, and most of his transactions.

7 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Because in your original post it had Juju in it.

This is what I said.

Never like seeing players blast our front office especially during the off season.

In the same week, Steve Smith slammed Dave Gettleman, theorizing why he hasn't signed any No. 1 WR yet.  I really hope Smith is just salty of being canned and there isn't any truth to this as it really sounds far fetched.  

Nonetheless, I believe that how Dave handled cleaning house has rubbed a lot of players the wrong way and that it does impact signing free agents.

Just now, ny92mike said:

This is what I said.

Never like seeing players blast our front office especially during the off season.

In the same week, Steve Smith slammed Dave Gettleman, theorizing why he hasn't signed any No. 1 WR yet.  I really hope Smith is just salty of being canned and there isn't any truth to this as it really sounds far fetched.  

Nonetheless, I believe that how Dave handled cleaning house has rubbed a lot of players the wrong way and that it does impact signing free agents.

Okay, but that part about Juju was still in your post, the fact that you left it in there had me believe you supported the statement. 

3 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Okay, but that part about Juju was still in your post, the fact that you left it in there had me believe you supported the statement. 

It was a quote to what Smith said.  So it needed to be in there.

Edited by ny92mike

Just now, ny92mike said:

Any news on Kenny Golladay?  Last I read was that the Bengals offered him a one year prove it deal, not sure how many other teams are interested in him but if we're competing against a "prove it deal" surely we can do better than this.

We are still waiting on confirmation on when the visit is.

Just now, Acgott said:

I’ll give some input, but I don’t study prospects anymore.

That's cool...I've enlisted a draft scout guru that will help us out with this.  @rackcs will be joining us this year.

I've got a surgery coming up and not sure how much I'll be able to do with this mock, so any help that you guys can provide is welcomed.  I think that this mock starts on Monday so I'll try to get our roster listed out for us to go over potential trade block and team needs.

• Like 1