Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

22 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Pass rush should always be our #1 priority, but I don’t know if It will be BPA. Don’t want to reach for position.

If the first 10 picks are 4 QBs, Chase, Smith, Waddle, Pitts, Parsons, and Sewell, Kwity Paye has an argument for BPA. So do Rousseau and Surtain and Farley and Slater, but it most likely is defense. Either CB or Edge. 

I think 43 is an iOL. One of those Bama guys. They all can play. 

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Still several good corners available in FA, so it won't hurt my feelings too much if we don't land Adoree Jackson.  Besides I'm still reeling that we landed Kenny Golladay.   

I agree. I still like Malcolm Butler on a 1 year deal. I'm more concerned about iOL. Oday Aboushi got signed for pennies earlier by the Chargers, which is a move we absolutely should have made. Guy was great last year. 

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I agree. I still like Malcolm Butler on a 1 year deal. I'm more concerned about iOL. Oday Aboushi got signed for pennies earlier by the Chargers, which is a move we absolutely should have made. Guy was great last year. 

Macolm Butler would work for me, hell I'd take artie burns at this point.  Our talent at corner is lacking so almost any addition would be an upgrade at this point.

I know most of you would disagree but I'd love to draft Alijah Vera-Tucker to play left guard.  I personally think he's the best LG in this draft class.  The other guys like Slater seem more like RG fits.  

I'm hoping that they shift Will Hernandez to the right guard position because he clearly hasn't worked out on the left side.  

I haven't looked at what kind of depth there is at IOL in Free Agency, but I'm sure there are some players more talented than what we've currently got on our roster. 

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Macolm Butler would work for me, hell I'd take artie burns at this point.  Our talent at corner is lacking so almost any addition would be an upgrade at this point.

I know most of you would disagree but I'd love to draft Alijah Vera-Tucker to play left guard.  I personally think he's the best LG in this draft class.  The other guys like Slater seem more like RG fits.  

I'm hoping that they shift Will Hernandez to the right guard position because he clearly hasn't worked out on the left side.  

I haven't looked at what kind of depth there is at IOL in Free Agency, but I'm sure there are some players more talented than what we've currently got on our roster. 

I like Landon Dickerson, Deonte Brown, or Leatherwood at 43. Whoever is available. Those Bama OL are ready as can be and are versatile (mostly. Brown can only play guard, but the other 2 can move around).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I like Landon Dickerson, Deonte Brown, or Leatherwood at 43. Whoever is available. Those Bama OL are ready as can be and are versatile (mostly. Brown can only play guard, but the other 2 can move around).

Landon Dickerson would be a red flag for me based on his injury history.

"In five college football seasons, Dickerson suffered four season-ending injuries. He tore his ACL in 2016, missed nine games in 2017, and was forced to redshirt by an ankle injury in 2018. Then, of course, he tore his ACL again at the tail end of the 2020 season. "

50 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Landon Dickerson would be a red flag for me based on his injury history.

"In five college football seasons, Dickerson suffered four season-ending injuries. He tore his ACL in 2016, missed nine games in 2017, and was forced to redshirt by an ankle injury in 2018. Then, of course, he tore his ACL again at the tail end of the 2020 season. "

Yeah his medical is a red flag. If he gets cleared by your teams doctors though, he's a top flight prospect. He's so good. 

Do you think the Giants will apply 5th year option on Barkley?

Because of the salary cap decline his 5th year option is said to be $7.217 million, cheaper than his 10 million cap hit this year.

Big Blue has until May 3 to exercise the option.  His injury last season probably has the GM a little nervous about applying the 5th year option.  

Would you guys do it if in the GM seat?

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Do you think the Giants will apply 5th year option on Barkley?

Because of the salary cap decline his 5th year option is said to be $7.217 million, cheaper than his 10 million cap hit this year.

Big Blue has until May 3 to exercise the option.  His injury last season probably has the GM a little nervous about applying the 5th year option.  

Would you guys do it if in the GM seat?

100% we are going to pick it up. $7M is nothing. We have more than that in dead money this year. The big question is a long term deal.

• Like 1

Just now, Acgott said:

100% we are going to pick it up. $7M is nothing. We have more than that in dead money this year. The big question is a long term deal.

Right...I'm hoping that's the case.  If it were me making these decisions.  I'd definitely apply the option.  Not only is it cheaper but 2023 we'll have the cap to easily work out a long term deal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Right...I'm hoping that's the case.  If it were me making these decisions.  I'd definitely apply the option.  Not only is it cheaper but 2023 we'll have the cap to easily work out a long term deal.

Would make me absolutely sick to see SB playing for another franchise in his prime years. Need to lock him up long term. RB is not a position to utilize a ton of cap, but when you have a generational talent like SB you have too.