Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

35 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Started following a number of Giants players too...

I think that was misleading. Those are players he already followed. Austin Johnson, Dion Lewis, Logan Ryan were TN teammates. Leonard Williams was a USC teammate. Darnay Holmes he has trained in the offseason with. Jabrill Peppers he knew in high school from top level college recruit camps/experiences.

Here is some possible inside info from BBI

1-Don't have much regarding Jackson, other than what many have said he is still going to be around this morning/early afternoon, Giants want him signed & not make trip to Philly.

2-There have been trade discussions with the following players - Engram & Hernandez. Surprisingly, a few teams have called about Peppers & Shepard/Slayton. Peppers at the moment is not available, however would not be shocked if they pick a WR at 11, if one of them is dealt. Again, teams called the Giants, not other way around.

3-Regarding free agency, they are pretty much done with big names, but they are checking out the OG, DT & OLB market. Expect names such as Trai Turner/Danny Shelton types to come up, good role pieces.

4-Giants staff is THRILLED with the off-season & culture so far, majority of this being based on Joe Judge handling alot of the free agency/draft. Gettleman IS involved, but he is not handling as much as before & JJ seems to have a handle on things & teams withing & outside the organization are buying it & seeing this.

5-Regarding the draft, it's very fluid right now but OLB, CB (pending Jackson), WR & OG are on top of their list.
-They do like Pitts, but view him as more of a luxury if he is available & would probably deal Engram (Having Pitts, Engram & Rudolph)
-They have scouts looking at Farley/Surtain, if they fall to them, they really like Surtain.
-If they dd a few pieces to plug holes (OG, CB, OLB) in free agency, do not be shocked there is a trade down in the 1st, ala Patriots. They really like Wyatt Davis & Oljuari.

That is all I have right now, nothing earth shattering but thought it would be good to provide for fellow fans! Go Giants!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

Here is some possible inside info from BBI

1-Don't have much regarding Jackson, other than what many have said he is still going to be around this morning/early afternoon, Giants want him signed & not make trip to Philly.

2-There have been trade discussions with the following players - Engram & Hernandez. Surprisingly, a few teams have called about Peppers & Shepard/Slayton. Peppers at the moment is not available, however would not be shocked if they pick a WR at 11, if one of them is dealt. Again, teams called the Giants, not other way around.

3-Regarding free agency, they are pretty much done with big names, but they are checking out the OG, DT & OLB market. Expect names such as Trai Turner/Danny Shelton types to come up, good role pieces.

4-Giants staff is THRILLED with the off-season & culture so far, majority of this being based on Joe Judge handling alot of the free agency/draft. Gettleman IS involved, but he is not handling as much as before & JJ seems to have a handle on things & teams withing & outside the organization are buying it & seeing this.

5-Regarding the draft, it's very fluid right now but OLB, CB (pending Jackson), WR & OG are on top of their list.
-They do like Pitts, but view him as more of a luxury if he is available & would probably deal Engram (Having Pitts, Engram & Rudolph)
-They have scouts looking at Farley/Surtain, if they fall to them, they really like Surtain.
-If they dd a few pieces to plug holes (OG, CB, OLB) in free agency, do not be shocked there is a trade down in the 1st, ala Patriots. They really like Wyatt Davis & Oljuari.

That is all I have right now, nothing earth shattering but thought it would be good to provide for fellow fans! Go Giants!

Thanks for the info, I find it hard to believe any time is interested in Shepard he is not a special player and is making a lot of money.  I would no problems moving Engram or Shepard.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm not a tweeter so I have no idea who this person is just saw this on a giants search.  If this is true, it sounds like it's just a matter of coming up with the money to sign him.  That he wants to play in NY.

Lol, LPG is a Giants super fan. Pretty sure he’s joking.

Just now, Go_Giants said:

Thanks for the info, I find it hard to believe any time is interested in Shepard he is not a special player and is making a lot of money.  I would no problems moving Engram or Shepard.

I'm not trading Shepard now with Golladay, they can go well together. Jones needs both of them 

35 minutes ago, EL Guapo said:

I'm not trading Shepard now with Golladay, they can go well together. Jones needs both of them 

Shepard is great route runner, other than that what is he great at. He does not have great speed he does not have great hands and he is costing us 9 mill and is just another concussion away from being out of the NFL. We can find better and cheaper in the 2nd round and we can get the extra draft capitol to do so by trading Engram and Shepard. 

Again I highly doubt other teams are interested in Shepard, to me he is just a some what above average wideout.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I think that was misleading. Those are players he already followed. Austin Johnson, Dion Lewis, Logan Ryan were TN teammates. Leonard Williams was a USC teammate. Darnay Holmes he has trained in the offseason with. Jabrill Peppers he knew in high school from top level college recruit camps/experiences.

Good point.

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Shepard is great route runner, other than that what is he great at. He does not have great speed he does not have great hands and he is costing us 9 mill and is just another concussion away from being out of the NFL. We can find better and cheaper in the 2nd round and we can get the extra draft capitol to do so by trading Engram and Shepard. 

Again I highly doubt other teams are interested in Shepard, to me he is just a some what above average wideout.

I think Shepard isn't a great outside receiver but I did like him in the slot.  As for trading him, it would put 6 million in dead money.  I for one am tired of this GM signing players and then turning around and cutting or trading them at a point in their contract that piles on the dead money.  

We just added almost 5 million and another 2.5 million with releasing Tate and Zeitler.  Our current dead money stands at just over 10 million.  Not a huge figure compared to previous years, but I'd hate to see them add to it, just to gain a couple late round picks.

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

We do not get much cap space from Shepard. This year would be $3M cap and $6M dead money. I also don’t think it’s wise to attempt to do better in the 2nd with such an important year for Jones.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

We do not get much cap space from Shepard. This year would be $3M cap and $6M dead money. I also don’t think it’s wise to attempt to do better in the 2nd with such an important year for Jones.

Ah okay was thinking with a trade the dead money hit would be a lot less.