Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Given the recent (public) information about Ojulari and his knees, Paye wouldn't be a bad pick. He has drawn Justin Tuck comparisons. 

However, he better not be the pick over Waddle/Smith or Parsons. That would be a mistake. 

This is news to me

53 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Just came out a few days ago. His knees apparently don't check out. Expect him to 'slide' into the late first or early second. 

Teams are just learning about this?  Seems odd that this is being talked about this late in the game.  Doing a quick google search, I'm not seeing much on it.  A side note in the top headlines, where the title of these articles don't even include the injury concerns.  

Do you have a link that details the actual issue?  All I'm reading is "knee concerns".  Not saying that it isn't a legit issue but just seems like a hit piece to get his value to drop.    

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

For me, we don't have a single player at the interior that I can safely say is a legit starter in this league.  Nick Gates tries but his size prevents him from really anchoring at center. 

I believe this team needs to spend some high draft capital at guard, preferably a left guard and then use a 4th to draft someone like  Trey Hill, C / Georgia, whom I believe could play either C or RG at a high level.  Having a Slater or Tucker along with Hill would give this offensive line some versatile players with the ability to actually provide D. Jones with a clean pocket to throw the ball to this new receiving group we've amassed recently. 

Eh, what is the problem with Nick Gates? He never played center before so as expected he struggled early but he got better with each game. Nick Gates is 6'5, Trey Hill is 6'4.  Trey Hill is weighs 25 more pounds than Nick, if Nick weight  is the issue I am sure he will put on more weight in the offseason.  I am perfectly fine with Nick Gates as our starting center, he is only going to get better and is playing under a very friendly contract salary wise.   

Just now, Go_Giants said:

Eh, what is the problem with Nick Gates? He never played center before so as expected he struggled early but he got better with each game. Nick Gates is 6'5, Trey Hill is 6'4.  Trey Hill is weighs 25 more pounds than Nick, if Nick weight  is the issue I am sure he will put on more weight in the offseason.  I am perfectly fine with Nick Gates as our starting center, he is only going to get better and is playing under a very friendly contract salary wise.   

Nick absolutely improved as the season wore on, and plays with a nasty streak, which I dig.  However, it's Apples and oranges comparing Hill to Gates at this point because Hill hasn't played a single snap in the NFL, but what I've seen of him at Georgia, I believe he would be a better fit for the Giants at center.  For me Gates would make a better left guard, primarily because he moves really well and is solid in space, but he lacks the power to control the line of scrimmage.  He just isn't a mauler, so for me it's preference.  I think Nick would benefit by adding another 20 pounds if he's going to remain at center.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Teams are just learning about this?  Seems odd that this is being talked about this late in the game.  Doing a quick google search, I'm not seeing much on it.  A side note in the top headlines, where the title of these articles don't even include the injury concerns.  

Do you have a link that details the actual issue?  All I'm reading is "knee concerns".  Not saying that it isn't a legit issue but just seems like a hit piece to get his value to drop.    

It apparently came out with the medical combine results- same time we heard Smith weighed in at 166. The info was given to teams, but nobody has made a big deal out of it. The info is out there though, and those in the know expect him to drop because of it. 

I've been looking at Kwity Paye highlights in light of the news the Giants are interested, and Ojulari has a medical red flags.  Maybe a lazy comparison because they're both out of Michigan, but a longer version of Brandon Graham.  Has a good motor, athletic, bends pretty well.  I would like to go on the record and say that I would be good with him at #11 as well.  Translated to my emoji scale - 🙂

Also some rumors that the Eagles are interested in him

Edited by Gmen

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

Seen a couple mocks with Rousseau falling to us in round 2. Think there is any chance he's still there?

I've seen a lot of that as well. It just seems like a risk worth taking that an EDGE is still there in Round 2 as opposed to reaching in Round 1. Not to mention, I'm not convinced Judge and Gettleman see it as big of a need as the public does. IDC if it's OL or WR at 11 but both just seem like better value. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Seen a couple mocks with Rousseau falling to us in round 2. Think there is any chance he's still there?

The draft is a huge crapshoot on its own, on top of adding all the Covid stuff. Nothing will surprise me, especially with one year of meaningful tape.

• Like 1