Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

16 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

We've got more than one pick...haha.

I just find that interior linemen can be found 2nd round or beyond. Im not gonna be angry if we invest in the line but man how many years we gonna keep doing this? I think if we trade down I’d defo be ok with it. We haven’t gone front 7 with a draft pick since 2010 which is astonishing. Not saying we should go there for that reason btw.

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I just find that interior linemen can be found 2nd round or beyond. Im not gonna be angry if we invest in the line but man how many years we gonna keep doing this? I think if we trade down I’d defo be ok with it. We haven’t gone front 7 with a draft pick since 2010 which is astonishing. Not saying we should go there for that reason btw.

Yeah lineman can be found in every round but the talent is there in the top 15.  Either of these top two prospects that can play at the IOL are good man.  Really good.  This group isn't very deep, so drafting one in the second could be a bigger reach than drafting one a few spots higher than they are projected to go in.  

That said if Parson's is there it would be difficult to pass on him and if they get him it wouldn't hurt my feelings, but he's really the only OLB/Edge that I'd draft this high.

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Who do you guys want with this first pick?  Not who you think they'll take but who you want them to take.

I'd be good with any of the following.  In no specific order.

I think signing Adoree eliminated the need to go corner in the early rounds. Before we got him I was all for taking Surtain; now I'd like to see us address the o-line instead.

I still won't be mad if we take one of those defenders, or Waddle for that matter. Judge knows how to work with Bama guys. But I'd be happiest with Slater or Vera-Tucker.

If we take Rousseau or a RB at 11, I WILL be mad. 😅

Edited by y*so*blu

6 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I think signing Adoree eliminated the need to go corner in the early rounds. Before we got him I was all for taking Surtain; now I'd like to see us address the o-line instead.

My thoughts exactly.  If one of these top corners are on the board when we select, it might provide us with the ability to trade down a few spots which would be ideal IMO.  

I mentioned this earlier, that I don't see the need for us to draft corner with this first pick or anywhere in this draft really.  Jackson, Bradberry, Peppers, Ryan and McKinney gives me a chub already...haha...No need to add to it.

I still won't be mad if we take one of those defenders, or Waddle for that matter. Judge knows how to work with Bama guys. But I'd be happiest with Slater or Vera-Tucker.

Couldn't agree more. 

IN JUDGE WE TRUST.

Just hope that Judge is in Dave's ear the entire time.  Since he's joined the team, players are wanting to come to NY again.  

Edited by ny92mike

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

My thoughts exactly.  If one of these top corners are on the board when we select, it might provide us with the ability to trade down a few spots which would be ideal IMO.  

I mentioned this earlier, that I don't see the need for us to draft corner with this first pick or anywhere in this draft really.  Jackson, Bradberry, Peppers, Ryan and McKinney gives me a chub already...haha...No need to add to it.

Couldn't agree more. 

IN JUDGE WE TRUST.

Just hope that Judge is in Dave's ear the entire time.  Since he's joined the team, players are wanting to come to NY again.  

You can never have too many talented players at one position, so theoretically your chub can never be too big. 🍻 But yeah, I'm pretty happy with the secondary we have.

You're exactly right about Judge. He and Logan Ryan are worth their weight in gold for this organization. I would love to play for those guys if I wasn't 5'6" and pear-shaped.

• Like 1

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

What’s wrong with Rousseau btw? Is it the one year of production? 

Just don't value him at 11th overall but certainly could see him going in the first round.  Just not enough production to draft him that high.   

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What’s wrong with Rousseau btw? Is it the one year of production? 

Partly, yeah. And the fact that 2020 wasn't that one year. Gettleman hinted that they weren't necessarily keen on taking guys who opted out ("some of them came out looking like me," etc). Plus Rousseau isn't that good against the run.

I think if we do go EDGE I'd rather see Parsons or Paye, and even those guys are question marks at 11.

15 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Where do you rank our top 3 needs?

I see it as LG, Edge and NT.  Sure another receiver would be nice but after signing Golladay and Rudolph it's not as high on my list, however I'd still like to add one and that one is Nico Collins or even a Cordell Powell in the later rounds.  Believe either one of these guys will develop into starters.

If we drafted a NT in the first my head would explode, the one thing I like about this draft class for the IDL position is that it's a fairly deep class that talent can be found day 3 of this draft.  

There is also a lot of talent at edge, where you can find specialized talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  There is only one, imo worth the 11th pick and that's Parsons.  Which if he falls to 11th, I'm sure the coaching staff will be pushing for the team to draft him.  

If we don't go IOL with the first, I'd like to see the team draft a mauler type center to control the LOS and move Gates to LG.