Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

19 hours ago, Shockwave said:

The scenario the guy in this video presents (and wow he's annoying, I totally want to punch him) seems far fetched. I'd love to have Jones and no doubt he would add a ton of a value to an already stout D. But according to Sportrac we simply do not have the funds for his contract straight up. Now he's proposing sending Shep and possibly a 2nd for CJ. I don't mind so much losing Shep, I think he'll be buried in the depth chart anyway. But.. would Ari actually even entertain that package?

2021 NFL Team Salary Cap Space Tracker | Spotrac

I like the guy in the video, though in that video he seemed a tad off his game. While I believe next year Shep is gone, this year he is probably our 2nd best wideout (and I never been a fan of shep). Slayton did nothing last year, and Kadirius is just too new to the position for us to expect him to make an impact right away this season.

Arizona is not going to touch that package nor should they. 

• Like 2

Pumped for training camp to finally be here! Here is the five guys I'll be looking at closely:

1. Kenny Golladay - this is an obvious one due to the investment and is less about him specifically and more about the rapport between he and Jones. 

2. Matt Peart - to me, he is the x-factor on this OL. If he takes a leap, I feel much better about this OL.

3. Azeez Ojulari - again, if we hit here it will significantly change our defensive outlook. EDGE rusher is one of the few positions where a difference maker has a true trickle-down effect to the rest of the defense. 

4. Elerson Smith - it's been quite interesting how much attention Smith has gotten with little chance to actually do anything. I expected very little from him this year but if he flashes in the preseason, all of a sudden we have a very formidable front seven.

5. Xavier McKinney - he had a pretty good debut late in the season but it was such a small sample size. He needs to be a big part of this defense.

I didn't put Toney in here because I just really don't think he's going to be a huge factor early on. He is not going to make or break us getting to the playoffs this year. Similarly with Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley, they're obviously very important to our success but there's nothing in the pre-season specifically that's going to change the outlook on those two guys. 

Anybody you guys are thinking about that I didn't mention?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMENNATION said:

Anybody you guys are thinking about that I didn't mention?

The other four members of the offensive line.  

Is Adoree Jackson as good as the Giants paid him to be.

The battle between Holmes and Robinson to be the slot CB.

4 hours ago, Acgott said:

He had an argument with Judge and Gettleman before being sent into the locker room.

Well, that didn't take long.

Is Rysen John ever going to do anything? From UDFA, to IR, to an injury settlement, to the practice squad, to the COVID list. 6'7" tight end who can't get on the field.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

I read the article to me it everyone fault.

Judge most likely never wanted Kelvin here, I am guessing because of the reputation he earned while with the Bills. When Josh Allen asked Kelvin to stay longer after practice for them to get more passing reps with each other, Kelvin said 'Nah, I am good', that clearly is not a Judge player.

Gettleman should have talked to Judge about bringing Kelvin here, for things to happen this way I am pretty sure he didn't.

As for Kelvin if staff tells you they want you to weigh 251 when camp starts, you don't report back at 268 if your career is on the line.  He needed to make sure Judge and the other staff were okay this, Judge clearly was not.

I highly doubt Judge or Gettleman are going to give us any greater details, so I am putting equal blame on all three of them.   

7 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I read the article to me it everyone fault.

Judge most likely never wanted Kelvin here, I am guessing because of the reputation he earned while with the Bills. When Josh Allen asked Kelvin to stay longer after practice for them to get more passing reps with each other, Kelvin said 'Nah, I am good', that clearly is not a Judge player.

Gettleman should have talked to Judge about bringing Kelvin here, for things to happen this way I am pretty sure he didn't.

As for Kelvin if staff tells you they want you to weigh 251 when camp starts, you don't report back at 268 if your career is on the line.  He needed to make sure Judge and the other staff were okay this, Judge clearly was not.

I highly doubt Judge or Gettleman are going to give us any greater details, so I am putting equal blame on all three of them.   

“I was like: ‘What do you want me to do?’” Benjamin said. “I’m like: ‘I’m trying everything I can to be here. You won’t even let me on the field to show what I can do. I played receiver at 268 [pounds] and I almost had 1,000 yards [in 2016]. So why do you want me to come back at 251 at tight end?’

He's got a point here though. Plus Rudolph weighs 265, Toilolo is 268. Seems like JJ just had a vendetta against him.

After reading these details I agree with you. Blame all around on this.

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

He's got a point here though. Plus Rudolph weighs 265, Toilolo is 268. Seems like JJ just had a vendetta against him.

After reading these details I agree with you. Blame all around on this.

I think Rudolph and Toilolo carry their weight differently than Benjamin.  He was never going to be a blocking TE, so maybe team wanted the option to flex him out wide?  At 268 that isn't happening.  Dude was closer to being a swing tackle than WR.

If you show up 17 pounds overweight, you don't have the right to be mad at anyone but yourself.  And to claim you added muscle mass is just lol.  Who are you kidding?  Just another chapter in the saga of Benjamin eating his way out of the league.

Your old GM throws you a bone and gives you another chance, and this is how you respond? 

Edited by Gmen

16 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Looks pretty lean to me. Seems to carry the weight just fine. And he claims he passed all the conditioning tests including the 50 yard dash..

067387ef6e01c349b0dbab77f188b7c1

When you are told to lose weight, and you gain weight, it’s not a good look. He’s the 90th man on the roster, hasn’t been in the league in 2 years, and playing a new position. If he had an issue about that, he should have spoken up last month, and not complain about social media.

A lot of hoopla about this because he is a name.