Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

6 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

maybe i'm looking a little too much into it but i didn't love Ryan's comments afterward.. he seemed more pissed than he was letting on.. he's been such a consistent positive influence that it was surprising to see him that intense

I think you are reading too much into it. I don’t think anyone likes to run laps, but if he was really unhappy, he wouldn’t have just signed an extension to stay with the Giants.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

maybe i'm looking a little too much into it but i didn't love Ryan's comments afterward.. he seemed more pissed than he was letting on.. he's been such a consistent positive influence that it was surprising to see him that intense

I just saw his meeting with the press about the fight. To me it seemed like he was more annoyed that the press kept trying lead him on to say he was sorry for hitting Engram in the back and running gassers was a big thing. I liked his answers.  He said him an Engram are locker room friends and it is going to remain that way. He also said the players are tired of losing the fans are tired of losing and ownership invested the funds for them to win. Logan and the rest of the team really want to win this season. I think they are going to because they went to win more than the other team, that is the culture Judge is bringing to the Giants. 

What comment did he say that you have a problem with?

Between this and comments made about  Kadarius Toney seems like people want choir boys to be playing out there. I am sorry choir boys are not going to win football game for us, intense players that are hungry to win will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I just saw his meeting with the press about the fight. To me it seemed like he was more annoyed that the press kept trying lead him on to say he was sorry for hitting Engram in the back and running gassers was a big thing. I liked his answers.  He said him an Engram are locker room friends and it is going to remain that way. He also said the players are tired of losing the fans are tired of losing and ownership invested the funds for them to win. Logan and the rest of the team really want to win this season. I think they are going to because they went to win more than the other team, that is the culture Judge is bringing to the Giants. 

What comment did he say that you have a problem with?

Between this and comments made about  Kadarius Toney seems like people want choir boys to be playing out there. I am sorry choir boys are not going to win football game for us, intense players that are hungry to win will.

Yeah, it's not that what he said in itself was all that bad I'm just saying it seemed out of character for him specifically. I was at Rutgers while he was there so I've been following him for a long time and I'm a huge Logan Ryan fan. I attribute a lot of our defensive success last year to him so it's more about wondering if it's actually squashed or not but again as I admitted, I'm sure I'm reading into it too much.

Damn Judge causing all the retirees

I'm just concerned because the old school, vulgar, authoritarian, hard nose head coaching approach doesn't seem all that popular in the NFL anymore. Belichick is the only one that seems to be able to pull it off and it's only because he wins. None of his coaching subordinates who have tried to replicate his approach have succeeded (aside from Vrabel who technically wasn't a coach under him). Modern day players want to be treated as vested assets not worthless pawns. Luckily the first 4 games are winnable so there is a good chance they start the season winning. Because the hard nose approach can quickly lose a locker room and end up in mutiny.  Jury is out (pun intended)

I think it says something though that these veterans on the backend of their career don't want anything to do with JJ. This isn't a team where you are going to be able to come to and coast through an end of career contract.

Then again the last time this team was any good it was an old school hard nose SOB at the helm...so.. I'm hopeful.

@Shockwave It would all depend on how the players respond. They were one of the least penalized teams last year. Judge is very hands on, I saw a video of him working one on one with onside kick drills. I think because of things like that, the players won’t treat it as a coach standing with a megaphone persona. We know he likes to get involved on OL stuff as well.

I don’t think any nfl players except to coast, if a few laps is life or death for you, you likely wouldn’t have made it far anyway.

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

I don’t think any nfl players except to coast, if a few laps is life or death for you, you likely wouldn’t have made it far anyway.

Looney retired 1 day after signing... 1 day after running sprints and doing 100 pushups ...

Davis made it 2 days...

Vets aren't going to want to be subjected to the basic training hard nose approach JJ is using. Whether that is good or bad is debatable. Question is will this approach be an issue landing big splash FA's in the future? 

JJ needs to prove his approach to coaching produces results. Don't blindly defend him until he does. 

11 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Looney retired 1 day after signing... 1 day after running sprints and doing 100 pushups ...

Davis made it 2 days...

Vets aren't going to want to be subjected to the basic training hard nose approach JJ is using. Whether that is good or bad is debatable. Question is will this approach be an issue landing big splash FA's in the future? 

JJ needs to prove his approach to coaching produces results. Don't blindly defend him until he does. 

I really don’t think having to do 100 push-ups is the reason why they retired lol. The NFL season is grueling especially for hot training camps. Plenty of veterans retire early in training camp. More so in recent years. I don’t have the facts to speak on if this is a causation or correlation issue.

I’m insulted that you think I would blindly follow anyone. I always try to judge off the facts that are presented. I saw a team last year that played tough for the majority of the season, way better than past years. Were the blowouts in December related to the excessive runs in December? Maybe, as you said we just need to wait and see.

Regarding Free Agents, if we win, they will come. If they don’t, they won’t. From a 6-10 team last year, I don’t recall any problems with Judge, and bad  teams talk a lot more.

Meh seems to me you've been doing alot of white knighting anytime someone in here criticizes or questions JJ. Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for the guy, but he needs to prove he can succeed before I defend him. 

Edited by Shockwave

27 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Meh seems to me you've been doing alot of white knighting anytime someone in here criticizes or questions JJ. Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for the guy, but he needs to prove he can succeed before I defend him. 

Really? I didn’t realize I was saying much if anything outside of the comment about Benjamin and posting news.

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for the guy, but he needs to prove he can succeed before I defend him. 

Isn't that what bandwagon fans do?

He is the best coach we have had sense Coughlin, he is bringing the Patriot Way to NFC East (could call it Giants Way 2.0). For over 15 years the AFC East couldn't deal with the Patriot Way, I don't think the NFC East is going to be able to do  soanytime soon. 

Last year team was severely lacking in talent and with his leadership we played many teams tough and was one game from winning this division. I believe in him and will defend him against any fan. If your not tough enough to do gassers, pushups, and hear some harsh language, Judge does not want you on his team and neither do I.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Isn't that what bandwagon fans do?

I'd say it's what pragmatists do. Homers blindly support their team regardless of results or statistical facts. Realists want to see some success before they go in defense mode.

He is the best coach we have had sense Coughlin, he is bringing the Patriot Way to NFC East (could call it Giants Way 2.0). For over 15 years the AFC East couldn't deal with the Patriot Way, I don't think the NFC East is going to be able to do  soanytime soon. 

The "Patriot Way" has not worked anywhere outside of NE. Macadoo went 11-5 and made the playoffs with a soft approach and his ridiculous restaurant menu sized playcalling sheets... 

What has Judge done to earn your unbridled support? He went 6-10 in a year when the entire division was garbage. His offense scored a paltry 280 points 2nd lowest to only the other NY team.

Sure he's vulgar and rants and raves and causes vets to retire. He's really "upsetting the establishment". Nice! Now prove to me it works...

Last year team was severely lacking in talent and with his leadership we played many teams tough and was one game from winning this division. I believe in him and will defend him against any fan. If your not tough enough to do gassers, pushups, and hear some harsh language, Judge does not want you on his team and neither do I.

And if it dissuades big splash free agents from signing here? If our own drafted players refuse to sign a second contract because they don't want to deal with the hard nose approach? Can you name ANYONE other then BB that this approach has worked for in the last decade?

Again it comes down to winning. Players will buy into his shtick if it creates a winning culture. If it doesn't watch how quickly this turns ugly.

Like I said I'm pulling for the guy...but there is no former BB subordinate coach that has succeeded in this league as a HC. JJ hopefully bucks the trend...