Jump to content

Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors


Recommended Posts

Man, I have never been so confused on what to expect out of this season. On one hand, I understand all the negativity around the OL and DJ showing NOTHING to ease multi-year concerns. However, this OL (minus Zeitler) played a lot better in the second half of last season. The NFL training camp / preseason offers no ability to gauge where anyone is at these days yet it's the only thing we have to go off of as fans. Are we heavily overreacting to a handful of plays that don't matter at all or is it a sign of things to come? 

Is Garrett going to be creative enough with his new toys that even average OL play significantly improves results? There are so many variables for this offense but I think the most important thing that gives me hope is this defense in unquestionably better than last year. If we hit on Ojulari, this can be a top 10, maybe even top 5 defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ready for the season, whatever it may be like. Sunday can't come soon enough. 

Thrilled to see that Logan is one of our Captains; no man deserves it more. He's also agreed to restructure his contract and help us fit under the cap.

To answer your question @GMENNATION, I think watching and caring about preseason is overreacting to a handful of plays. We do it because there's nothing else to go on. When we get a few weeks into the season, then we'll get a sense of whether the offense can really hack it or not.

I think Jason Garrett's conservatism was at least partly due to the fact that we lacked the personnel to do much else, especially after Saquon went down. We couldn't block well, we had no star back, and we couldn't trust our QB to hold on to the ball. The playcalling was the effect of that, not the cause. Our improved roster should allow for more creativity this year.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants miss out on conditional 7th rounder

Panthers released K Ryan Santoso avoiding our 7th round trade compensation.

GIF by The Paley Center for Media

In other news

Barkley said, “I don’t think this schedule is ideal for coming back from a major injury,” Barkley said. “But that’s what it is. That’s the challenge I have to face.”

According to the New York Post, Barkley played 28 snaps against the Broncos.  His longest gain on 11 touches ( 10 carries and one catch) was 5 yards.

I really hope that he isn't already complaining about his workload being too heavy as he hasn't even gotten his feet wet.  His comments seem weak.

Work Happy Monday GIF by MOODMAN

Additional Comments

When Michael Lombardi speaks, the NFL better listen. After all, Lombardi’s front office career included tours with Bill Walsh (San Francisco 49ers), Al Davis (Oakland Raiders) and Bill Belichick (New England Patriots), some of the best and brightest minds in league history.

So the New York Giants can’t be happy with what Lombardi, an ex-general manager, had to say this week on his “GM Shuffle” podcast, following Sunday’s 27-13 loss to the Denver Broncos. Lombardi pointed fingers for the Week 1 disaster, beginning with GM Dave Gettleman. Per WIP:
 
“They can’t evaluate their own players. They over-judge their own players. They’re not good,” Lombardi said. “They’re not even good on D. Everybody thinks, ‘well, we’re good on defense,’ — they gave up 420 yards!”
 
On offense, Lombardi took aim at offensive coordinator Jason Garrett:
 
“There’s no imagination. ... I mean, there’s no design in the running game. The Clapper refuses to design a run game, this is just not a misdemeanor. But look, the Giants have been bad for five years. They’re 28th in win percentage over the last five years, they’re 26th over the last 10 years. This isn’t just a one-time thing. ... It’s one of the worst offenses to watch, and you’re not helping the quarterback.”
 
Lombardi also laid part of the blame at the feet of owner John Mara:
 
“John Mara is one of the nicest human beings on planet earth. Unfortunately, John Mara can’t have an honest conversation about his organization or evaluate himself. That’s just a problem. It’s just a hard thing. He’s loyal to people, he likes people. They’re stuck in time. They can’t get out of it.”
 
The Giants don’t have much time to lick their wounds following their Week 1 loss, as they head to FedEx Field on Thursday to face the Washington Football Team in a prime-time NFC East showdown.
 
carol kane sometimes the truth is painful frank GIF

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Were gonna build a team that the locals will be proud of and take pride in" Joe Judge at his presser when he was hired. Oh were nice and proud Joe, holding up our paper bags on our heads loud and proud homeboy

 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2021 at 7:28 AM, Shockwave said:

Sure he's vulgar and rants and raves and causes vets to retire. He's really "upsetting the establishment". Nice! Now prove to me it works...

Again it comes down to winning. Players will buy into his shtick if it creates a winning culture. If it doesn't watch how quickly this turns ugly.

0-2 so far:

- Peppers not happy
- Toney upset with his role
- Golladay yelling at Jones/Garrett
 

Better win this game vs Atlanta or this is going to get real ugly real fast. Winning cures all but Saints, Cowboys, Rams, Panthers, Chiefs. I thought they're be 2-1 going into this stretch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Shockwave said:

0-2 so far:

- Peppers not happy
- Toney upset with his role
- Golladay yelling at Jones/Garrett
 

Better win this game vs Atlanta or this is going to get real ugly real fast. Winning cures all but Saints, Cowboys, Rams, Panthers, Chiefs. I thought they're be 2-1 going into this stretch.

The dudes a clown already. Dude cares more about his image on social media than the team. For a dumb*** who knows how to run his mouth i would hope he had some sort of contribution to the team other than oh i dont know.. complaining about cleats, getting covid, losing a family member and worrying about his new rap cd being "lit". I was the one who said i got no faith in this kid and u can expect to get worse if this team isnt doing well. Dudes a diva. Like i called it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

The dudes a clown already. Dude cares more about his image on social media than the team. For a dumb*** who knows how to run his mouth i would hope he had some sort of contribution to the team other than oh i dont know.. complaining about cleats, getting covid, losing a family member and worrying about his new rap cd being "lit". I was the one who said i got no faith in this kid and u can expect to get worse if this team isnt doing well. Dudes a diva. Like i called it. 

He has every right to be pissed off about his lack of use. Just like every Giants fan should be. We need to see why they felt he was worthy of a first round pick, can't do that if they are not playing him or not throwing him the ball. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

He has every right to be pissed off about his lack of use. Just like every Giants fan should be. We need to see why they felt he was worthy of a first round pick, can't do that if they are not playing him or not throwing him the ball. 

Cant call out the team with tweets saying "why have a sports car, if u cant drive it". Ask Odell how that worked out for him

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giants4eva said:

Cant call out the team with tweets saying "why have a sports car, if u cant drive it". Ask Odell how that worked out for him

Clearly he did, now lets see what the Giants will do about it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Cant call out the team with tweets saying "why have a sports car, if u cant drive it". Ask Odell how that worked out for him

I agree with that part. If Toney had been rocking our world and building chemistry in the offseason, then he'd be in a position to say those things. The reality is that he had one personal issue after another and barely got on the field. 

We do need to get him more involved though, along with Golladay. Thursday showed us the beginnings of a multifaceted offense that will be hard for other teams to deal with. When the defense starts showing up again, then we'll have something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 5:14 PM, y*so*blu said:

I agree with that part. If Toney had been rocking our world and building chemistry in the offseason, then he'd be in a position to say those things. The reality is that he had one personal issue after another and barely got on the field. 

We do need to get him more involved though, along with Golladay. Thursday showed us the beginnings of a multifaceted offense that will be hard for other teams to deal with. When the defense starts showing up again, then we'll have something.

Exactly. When u have contributed absolutely nothing to the team, shut your mouth. Simple as that. His issues are his own problem. That being said, the coaching staff will bring him along as they see fit. Golladay has shown he can make some hard catches. And has vise grips for hands. The defense needs to show improvement at this point because they let us down bad these 2 opening games. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...