Jump to content

Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors


y*so*blu
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Eh, why would I be off Judge in the preseason? The various mistakes he has made in this regular season is the reason why I am not backing him as much as I did last season.

There wasn't much reason to be "all in on him" to begin with. On the surface... a 6-10 season was a decent showing for a 1st year head coach. But when looked at in depth so many of those wins came late in the season against easy teams. Let's not forget he started 1-7. Any normal year the season would have been over by week 8 but because the NFC East was such a dumpster fire last year we were "in contention". But fine after the 4 win 2019 season a 6 win season seemed like progress. I was hopeful...

Then came the preseason this year. Tough as nails Judge runs some trusty veterans out of camp. You praise him for "changing the culture of the team". Skip forward a few months.. 1-5 start to season and they're now the 3rd most injured team:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32780223/which-nfl-teams-healthiest-homestretch-do-injury-checkup-all-32#weather

An old trusty Oline veteran like Looney perhaps could have made a difference on the season.

This modern NFL there is only one coach who can pull off the authoritarian old school drill sergeant approach. Running players into the ground does not equate to wins. Doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't keep them on the field. They've been one of the most consistently injured teams in the NFL year after year. I'm not sure if it's the field, the training staff, the coaching approach or what. But it's obvious the tough guy approach didn't help in that department.

Now for some praise.. this season the Gmen are one of the least penalized teams in the league and 9th best in turnover differential at +4. I think Judge gets another year and I support and I am pulling for him. But once again... he needs to show me some semblence of success before I'm all in on him.. he needs to earn that respect from us.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

There wasn't much reason to be "all in on him" to begin with. On the surface... a 6-10 season was a decent showing for a 1st year head coach. But when looked at in depth so many of those wins came late in the season against easy teams. Let's not forget he started 1-7. Any normal year the season would have been over by week 8 but because the NFC East was such a dumpster fire last year we were "in contention". But fine after the 4 win 2019 season a 6 win season seemed like progress. I was hopeful...

Then came the preseason this year. Tough as nails Judge runs some trusty veterans out of camp. You praise him for "changing the culture of the team". Skip forward a few months.. 1-5 start to season and they're now the 3rd most injured team:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32780223/which-nfl-teams-healthiest-homestretch-do-injury-checkup-all-32#weather

An old trusty Oline veteran like Looney perhaps could have made a difference on the season.

This modern NFL there is only one coach who can pull off the authoritarian old school drill sergeant approach. Running players into the ground does not equate to wins. Doesn't matter how much talent you have if you can't keep them on the field. They've been one of the most consistently injured teams in the NFL year after year. I'm not sure if it's the field, the training staff, the coaching approach or what. But it's obvious the tough guy approach didn't help in that department.

Now for some praise.. this season the Gmen are one of the least penalized teams in the league and 9th best in turnover differential at +4. I think Judge gets another year and I support and I am pulling for him. But once again... he needs to show me some semblence of success before I'm all in on him.. he needs to earn that respect from us.

 

 

 

 

I think we're all on the same page but the argument for being bullish on him also had to do with the competitiveness of the losses. 4 weeks in a row last year they lost by 3pts, 1pt, 1pt and 2pts and the 2pt loss was against the eventual SB champ. When you lose those games in year 1 of a new coach it's optimism, when you lose those games in year 2 it becomes a pessimistic view. There's no doubt this year is a huge letdown. I think he deserves one more year even if they lose out but the pressure is on.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This latest injury to Daniel Jones is the icing on the cake for me, I'm so pissed off with this front office.  Dave Gettleman is to blame for this crap.  He took a huge risk not addressing the offensive line's obvious issues at the beginning of the season.  We all knew that he didn't do enough this last off season to address the line issues and if he was that blind he couldn't see it then, he better see it now.  I personally don't think someone could be this blind.  

It sickens me that he still is being paid big money and for what exactly?  Anyone of us could have done a better job than this idiot.  It's one thing to keep producing poor seasons, but he seems to be in the business of destroying the careers of these young players.  Barkley hasn't been a name since his rookie season, and from what I've seen of him this season it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't on the bench next year.  He just isn't the same player, I don't care who you are you can't take the number of hits he's taking behind the line and it not impact your moral.  Daniel Jones' injury makes me nervous for his future, I'm hearing that he has structural damage, this doesn't sound good.  I recently underwent cervical fusion due to structural damage.  And let's not forget about Nick Gates, sadly his career is more than likely over.  These risks that he's taking with the safety and well being of his players is disgusting, how this incompetency continues to go unchecked blows me away!  The owners need to pull their heads out of their *** before he does anymore damage to this franchise.

And where is he at right now?  Hiding from the cameras, while he lets his coaches take all the heat.  He failed to give the team what they needed.  We could have the best coaching staff in the league and the results would be the same.

Next season, regardless who we end up with at GM and if it's Dave, I refuse to watch it.  But whomever it is, he'll leave this team worse off than it was before he became the GM.  

If this injury to Jones lingers into the off season, this GM might be forced to draft quarterback.  Using vital picks that we absolutely need to address the offensive line because of wonderful job he's done with our salary cap.  

He's done so poorly as a GM you almost have to think it was intentional.  Almost every decision he's made has in some way or another failed.  

Again, it blows my mind how someone can make the money he does.  The owners should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to continue for as long as it has.    

Well I vented and still don't feel any better about it.

Damn you Dave!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My theory is that Jones was dealing with neck pain for a few weeks and didn't mention it to Ronnie Barnes, or anyone else, until he knew it was affecting his play. Many football players do that. It's not necessarily something the coach or the GM did wrong.

Really hope it's not permanent. Say what you want about Jones' play, but you can't deny that the kid was set up to fail. Porous offensive line, terrible play calling, and the coach who wanted him was fired less than a year later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gettleman draft picks haven’t even been bad if you just look at them on its surface. The real issue is that he’s made picks that haven’t improved this team at all and where there isnt any foundation or identity. You draft Saquon Barkley behind a porous o-line and don’t place any emphasis to Improve that unit. You invest in secondary heavily yet neglect the pass rush. We traded down to draft another WR in first round (and Toney has shown when on the field he can be a dynamic player) when instead we could helped our QB and RB by drafting another lineman or Parsons. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I hate Gettleman so much for passing on Parsons

I remember watching Parsons in 2 preseason games this year and saying this kid has it. hes gonna be a superstar and i posted that online on another site. Then some jackwod who responded was like "LOL after 2 games ?!!! IN PRESEASON??!! LOL" . Yep your correct d--khead. Look at him now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FGMCrEsXEAw7oDa?format=jpg&name=large

Daniel Jones cumulative expected points added compared to first round QBs since 2015.  Let's call a spade a spade and move on. 

Giants ownership needs to stop meddling. They need to hire a GM from the outside, who should be able to pick his own HC, and draft his own QB. 

It's rebuild time, again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Just like I don't remember too many people here being against Barkely being drafted. I don't remember too many people in favor of us drafting Parsons because of his off the field issues.  Going into the draft he was the player I wanted most for this team.

 

Nah I wanted Nelson. But once they announced the pick as Barkley I was on board and saw the positives of the pick as opposed to negative. The Parsons off the field thing wasn’t even a real thing. It was based off an incident he had as a freshman.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Just like I don't remember too many people here being against Barkely being drafted. I don't remember too many people in favor of us drafting Parsons because of his off the field issues.  Going into the draft he was the player I wanted most for this team.

 

I was very against drafting a RB in round 1.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Nah I wanted Nelson. But once they announced the pick as Barkley I was on board and saw the positives of the pick as opposed to negative. The Parsons off the field thing wasn’t even a real thing. It was based off an incident he had as a freshman.   

Was big on Nelson as well.  Would have been fine with parsons but my target would have been verra Tucker simply because of the need for offensive lineman.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/13/2021 at 9:28 AM, Gmen said:

FGMCrEsXEAw7oDa?format=jpg&name=large

Daniel Jones cumulative expected points added compared to first round QBs since 2015.  Let's call a spade a spade and move on. 

Giants ownership needs to stop meddling. They need to hire a GM from the outside, who should be able to pick his own HC, and draft his own QB. 

It's rebuild time, again.

This is absolutely correct. And someone please remind me in a few months that, regardless of what happens in the draft, there is no reason to get excited about this team next year if Joe Judge is still the HC.

Our picks in round 1 need to be our favorite QB and favorite OL. Linderbaum and Corral, Neal and Pickett, Cross and Ridder, whatever. Just some combination of those 2 positions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...