Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

On 1/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, ny92mike said:

Thoughts on switching back to a 43 defense?

I ask your opinions because there are some key positions required for a 34 defense to have success.  Edge rushers and a quality Nose Tackle.  Now I think we might have something in this Azeez kid but we lack the second as well as depth.  I believe it's much easier to find 43DE's than it is 34OLB's.  Our roster after this season we have zero NT's.

Now Azeez might need to bulk up a bit or perhaps have him shift to OLB, but DT we could have a solid crew with Leonard Williams and Dexter manning the IDL.  

I wouldn't switch.. not that it matters because no defenses play in their base anyway. We just need good pass rushers. Doesn't matter if they're standing up or have a hand in the ground

• Like 1

I wish I could link all the trash being talked on Judge and Gettleman right now on Twitter. The team is a laughingstock. How can you justify keeping anyone? You've tried half measures before, and they didn't work. Need to take it all the way. That's the only way this is going to improve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

As OC or HC? For HC, he’s 67 with health issues. OC, I could see it for a year or two if he’s healthy.

Head coach. He's available (I think) and he wins games. I want to win games. I don't care about culture. Jalen Ramsey is punching his own players in the face in the defensive huddle and Antonio Brown is streaking during a game, but those teams win. I'm going full Al Davis here.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Head coach. He's available (I think) and he wins games. I want to win games. I don't care about culture. Jalen Ramsey is punching his own players in the face in the defensive huddle and Antonio Brown is streaking during a game, but those teams win. I'm going full Al Davis here.

Why would he want to come to a huge mess as a 67 year old coach? There are zero components set up and this will be a total rebuild. He’ll be the third oldest coach as well, so it likely be a short gig, setting the Giants to need another coach in 5 years.

I can see both sides of the Caldwell argument. He's a great guy but no spring chicken. I'd be more interested in Anthony Lynn. He took the helm of a bad team going through one of the worst relocations in league history and made them competitive again. At 53 he's not exactly a young gun, but we know he could stick around a while.

I haven’t even listened to Judge presser (I mean why on Earth would I?) but I’ve seen the quotes and everybody is crushing him like I’ve never seen a Giants coach be crushed. And last year there was actually a good feeling about this team as well going into this season. 

in all honesty, all this HC business is just mystery. We don’t know who’s gonna be a good HC or not. I honestly couldn’t care less if he’s fired or not. The roster imbalance is the bigger issue and that needs to be sorted. 

9 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Can we just spend our two first rounders on OL and try to build a good unit on this football team? Because the only unit that is somewhat competent is probably our secondary. 

OLx2 or OL+Edge are the only two acceptable uses for those picks. Anything else and we storm Metlife!

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

OLx2 or OL+Edge are the only two acceptable uses for those picks. Anything else and we storm Metlife!

I've seen mocks where we take Treylon Burks and Kyle Hamilton and I have to stop myself from vomiting.

I'd be overjoyed with some combination of Evan Neal, Tyler Linderbaum, Charles Cross at (most likely) 5 and 8.

• Like 1

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I didn't like Karlaftis and someone here disagreed with me, and I'd like to reverse my previous statement. My assumptions about him were way off and I could definitely see him translating his game to the NFL. I didn't realize how freaky of an athlete he is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I didn't like Karlaftis and someone here disagreed with me, and I'd like to reverse my previous statement. My assumptions about him were way off and I could definitely see him translating his game to the NFL. I didn't realize how freaky of an athlete he is.

Neal and Karlaftis would be my #1 and #2 picks in the first round

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-teams-lose-most-least-value-2022-nfl-free-agency

Interesting article. Giants had the second most offensive snaps from pending free agents, but had the absolute worst wins above replacement by pending free agents.So in theory...the more FA's we lose the better off we'll be. Another great indictment of DG's incompetence...

• Like 1