Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

On 1/5/2022 at 8:34 AM, minutemancl said:

Is this a dig at the Giants? Because if so, this is very much unfounded.

Acknowledging that we're a bad team, and therefore a challenging project for any prospective coach, is a not a "dig."

I'm not disputing that Mara means well and runs a solid organization. I'm more concerned with said organization having one winning season in the last decade.

7 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Acknowledging that we're a bad team, and therefore a challenging project for any prospective coach, is a not a "dig."

I'm not disputing that Mara means well and runs a solid organization. I'm more concerned with said organization having one winning season in the last decade.

As a fan, I'm obviously very concerned with that too. That can't be something that is going to deter any potential head coach though. I don't think you want a guy who only wants to step into a perfect situation.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

As a fan, I'm obviously very concerned with that too. That can't be something that is going to deter any potential head coach though. I don't think you want a guy who only wants to step into a perfect situation.

True.

I'm hearing rumors that Jim Caldwell wants back into the league. You think he'd be a good fit for us?

• Like 1

Just now, y*so*blu said:

True.

I'm hearing rumors that Jim Caldwell wants back into the league. You think he'd be a good fit for us?

I think he'd be a good fit for any team with an opening. Jacksonville already interviewed him. I'd love him to come coach here. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but if the new GM wanted him, I'd totally be down to hire Doug Pederson too. 

On 1/6/2022 at 5:21 PM, minutemancl said:

I think he'd be a good fit for any team with an opening. Jacksonville already interviewed him. I'd love him to come coach here. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but if the new GM wanted him, I'd totally be down to hire Doug Pederson too. 

While I prefer for Judge to stay and given a chance to finish what he started. If Jim Harbaugh has interest in being a head coach here, we have to roll out the red carpet treatment to get him here.

16 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

While I prefer for Judge to stay and given a chance to finish what he started. If Jim Harbaugh has interest in being a head coach here, we have to roll out the red carpet treatment to get him here.

Please explain...what is it exactly that Judge started....?

8 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Trying to make this a winning team, he inherited a mess it would be hard for most coaches to turn things around in just two seasons.

Well, lots of coaches inherit less than ideal situations. Judge makes it worse by showing a complete inability to manage games. We've seen not just a few, but dozens of offensive plays that imploded before the ball was even snapped. That's embarrassing and will never wash off.

He needs to go.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What the heck had Judge done to warrant say on GM matters and why? A GM is far more important than the head coach, so why would his opinion even matter?

If he is being kept, then he should definitely have a say. We want someone he can work with.

16 minutes ago, Acgott said:

If he is being kept, then he should definitely have a say. We want someone he can work with.

I can understand why Joe Judge would want Kevin Abrams, it is just not in the best long term  interest of the team. With all these extra draft picks we have we need a talent evaluator making the final call on who we are going to take in the draft, Kevin Abrams is a numbers guy he is not a talent evaluator.

31 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Yeah I get that but his say really shouldn’t reallly have any bearing given the circumstances. Obviously I know why he’d want a say but it really shouldn’t have a bearing at all.

Edited by Kip Smithers