Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

ok, then my point remains about bringing in a young qb.  we've seen two many young qb's in this league fail because they were paired with a defensive minded coach.  

I agree. I think it’s better to have consistency with the offense over the defense. A higher chance with an offensive minded coach over a defensive one.

There’s a good chance that we blow it all the way up. I could see a world where we cut both Bradberry, and Martinez. Then cut Rudolph Dixon Shephard and Booker and there’s your 30 Mil plus. 

this team is more than a few years from competing. These vets are keeping us from bottoming out. 

Edited by YogiBiz

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

There’s a good chance that we blow it all the way up. I could see a world where we cut both Bradberry, and Martinez. Then cut Rudolph Dixon Shephard and Booker and there’s your 30 Mil plus. 

this team is more than a few years from competing. These vets are keeping us from bottoming out. 

Bradberry and Martinez are on the final year of their deal. I think we could let them ride it out, unless there is a certain target they want. Both have a lot of dead money tied to them.

Riley, Dixon, and Booker are no brainers. Shepard is complicated due to his Achilles. I don’t think we can cut him until he can pass a physical.

33 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Bradberry and Martinez are on the final year of their deal. I think we could let them ride it out, unless there is a certain target they want. Both have a lot of dead money tied to them.

Riley, Dixon, and Booker are no brainers. Shepard is complicated due to his Achilles. I don’t think we can cut him until he can pass a physical.

We can reach an injury settlement with Shepard which could save us a little more than the 4.5 we would if he was just cut. 

I really want James Daniels for the O-Line. 

Edited by YogiBiz

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I disagree, if the new GM does not get rid of everyone we should be able to compete right away. We just need an offensive line and a tight end a with head coach and/or offensive coordinator that knows what they are doing on offense.

3 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I disagree, if the new GM does not get rid of everyone we should be able to compete right away. We just need an offensive line and a tight end a with head coach and/or offensive coordinator that knows what they are doing on offense.

Half measures are what got us into this mess in the first place. 

Thomas and Toney are the only offensive young players worth keeping on the roster currently. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Half measures are what got us into this mess in the first place. 

Thomas and Toney are the only offensive young players worth keeping on the roster currently. 

I feel Gettleman's poor drafting is what got us in this mess, outside of Thomas in last year draft, Gettleman picked the wrong player or went with the wrong strategy every time. 

Our defense was solid with out Martinez, and the secondary did okay when Adoree and Holmes were too hurt to play. I think it could do okay with out Bradberry if Adoree can stay healthy. Clearly we are much better with those players, I just think this defense could keep us in games with out them.

There is no getting out Galladay's contract, so if healthy him Toney are above average wideouts. Barkley might not be a top 3 back any more, but talent wise he is still above average. If this team invest in the offensive line and gets a tight end, this team could do well. Other than the Cowboys every other team in NFC East is beatable, plus we have the Lions, Jaguars and the Texans on next year schedule.

I think Dixon, Martinez and Shepard are as good as gone. Dixon is an easy move. Shepard is complicated due to the injury but as others have said, they will definitely reach an injury settlement with him and move on. He knows he has no future on this team so it's in his best interest. I like Martinez but there's just no chance he gets another contract with the team so might as well take the cap savings now and start to look for opportunities to improve the roster elsewhere. Tae Crowder graded poorly according to PFF but I think their grading was a little harsh. I don't want him starting on a SB contender but it's an area I'm willing to have weaker to enable improving a different part of the roster. 

I'd like to find a way to keep Bradberry. He's somebody I would consider extending as he still should have 4-5 good years left. I think they can only afford to keep one of Bradberry and Adoree and as of now, I think I'd prefer Bradberry. Adoree played well but injuries still limit his ceiling. Bradberry isn't flashy and probably is what he is at this point but I'll take who he is for another several years. I'd like to keep both of them on their current contract through 2022 and then determine whether to extend Bradberry or Adoree next off-season but our need for cap space may necessitate an extend or cut now situation. 

I'd also cut Booker and keep Saquon. Booker gets a raw deal as he definitely played up to his contract but Saquon still has a higher ceiling. I realize it's very unlikely Saquon is here long term but there's a better chance with him than Booker. 

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

If the Mara's and the Rooney's were not so close to each other, I would want the Giant's to deny the Steelers the interview same for any other team that just wants Graham as a defensive coordinator.  Graham has a connections to two  coaches that seem high on the Giants list, Brain Flores and Brian Daboll, they might want to keep Graham as the defensive coordinator if either one of them becomes the coach of the Giants. 

8 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

If the Mara's and the Rooney's were not so close to each other, I would want the Giant's to deny the Steelers the interview same for any other team that just wants Graham as a defensive coordinator.  Graham has a connections to two  coaches that seem high on the Giants list, Brain Flores and Brian Daboll, they might want to keep Graham as the defensive coordinator if either one of them becomes the coach of the Giants. 

Which is why we shouldn’t block it no matter what. Our new HC may not want to keep, so we don’t want to hurt his future options. I’m sure he won’t make a decision until Giants have a new HC, since he’s in the running for it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Which is why we shouldn’t block it no matter what. Our new HC may not want to keep, so we don’t want to hurt his future options. I’m sure he won’t make a decision until Giants have a new HC, since he’s in the running for it.

That and if you block it you burn a bridge if the Gmen ever wanted to pluck one of theirs coordinators for a lateral move.