Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

35 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm going to be really mad when we cut our best defensive player on Friday then he immediately goes and signs with the Eagles.

Agreed, Joe should have traded him for anything he can get even next year 7th round draft pick from the 49ers.  We would at least be able to keep Bradberry out of our division that way.

42 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'm going to be really mad when we cut our best defensive player on Friday then he immediately goes and signs with the Eagles.

Eagles have less than $7M of effective cap space. Bradberry is going to be losing about $10M of salary. I think he will try for the biggest contract he can. Bengals would be a good spot with him to replace Apple.

4 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Agreed, Joe should have traded him for anything he can get even next year 7th round draft pick from the 49ers.  We would at least be able to keep Bradberry out of our division that way.

If anyone was offering anything, he would have been traded. No one was taking on $20M cap hit.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Eagles have less than $7M of effective cap space. Bradberry is going to be losing about $10M of salary. I think he will try for the biggest contract he can. Bengals would be a good spot with him to replace Apple.

If anyone was offering anything, he would have been traded. No one was taking on $20M cap hit.

Joe claimed to have gotten calls before the draft he also said he was willing to eat some of the price depending on the level of draft pick offered.

7 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Joe claimed to have gotten calls before the draft he also said he was willing to eat some of the price depending on the level of draft pick offered.

Beat is saying that Bradberry couldn’t come to a new agreement with the trading team 

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Beat is saying that Bradberry couldn’t come to a new agreement with the trading team 

Ah Joe at least tried.

This is just another mess from  Gettleman, even the few things he does right like signing Bradberry he messes up by screwing up our cap situation so we can't keep Bradberry.

Worst GM ever!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Acgott said:

Eagles have shown they are more than willing to sign players to deals that are heavily, heavily backloaded. They'll probably sign him to a deal with year 1 salary at vet minimum that massively, massively increases down the line.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Eagles have shown they are more than willing to sign players to deals that are heavily, heavily backloaded. They'll probably sign him to a deal with year 1 salary at vet minimum that massively, massively increases down the line.

I just took a look at their future cap, and my god it’s a mess. They have so much dead money due to voids. I’m not an expert there at all, but I don’t see why they would do that. I know you can always make it work, but that’s a huge risk for them. As Baron Mordo once said “the bill comes due”

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

10 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I just took a look at their future cap, and my god it’s a mess. They have so much dead money due to voids. I’m not an expert there at all, but I don’t see why they would do that. I know you can always make it work, but that’s a huge risk for them. As Baron Mordo once said “the bill comes due”

They are a massive mess, and they are going to be similar to how the Saints were this year soon. Still though, you're already in a huge mess, what is another smaller mess added on to it? Signing Bradberry is a move I could see them making.

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

They are a massive mess, and they are going to be similar to how the Saints were this year soon. Still though, you're already in a huge mess, what is another smaller mess added on to it? Signing Bradberry is a move I could see them making.

I’ll take my chances if they sign him to a big contract. If I’m looking at this correctly, they have over $50M in dead money for 2024.

He could of course sign a 1 year deal of course, but that’s a huge risk for Bradberry, especially when he’s losing $10M once he gets cut.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

A lot of these young rookie contracts will save us in the next few years, but I wouldn't expect to see any big contracts being handed out next season.  Although I'd need to review next years contracts to see exactly how bad it'll be.  

I'm never a fan of dead money as you know when I went on and on about it when Dave did it, but sadly this is a must right now where when Dave did it, it didn't need to be done that way.  Worst GM ever!  Killing the team even when he's gone.

Unfortunately, due to Dave's approach in how he structured those contracts, and kept restructuring them year after year, he really put our current office in a bind.  Forcing Joe to free up cap the only way he could.