Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

Obviously extremely grateful to be at 6-1. Especially with all of the injuries and guys who have stepped in and contributed. However, you have to be concerned about the run defense on this team. RBs have been gashing this defense - averaging 10~ ypc the last couple of weeks against it. It's  surprising considering the presence of Dexter and Leo in the middle. That's obviously not sustainable, and it'll be difficult to keep winning if the defense continues to let RBs have that much success against them.

Of course there is tons of positive to focus on, as well. I remember 2-3 games last season where DJ showed the ability to carry the team into a position to win games. They still lost because the team simply wasn't good enough. But now he has a little more help up front and of course much better coaching. We've seen him improve every week this season. His passing numbers still aren't anything impressive. But dont let that fool you. He's been great. His biggest weaknesses; staring down receivers, turning the ball over, lack of pocket awareness - have all been greatly improved. He was *slinging* the ball against Jacksonville. Of course he made that one bad decision and thankfully it didn't count due to the penalty. But he was on point the entire game. That TD throw was a beautiful strike down field. He was hitting WRs in the numbers all day with zip and moving around the pocket well. I don't even need to mention his running abilities. I even liked him showing some fire down at the goal line after the drop on 4th down. He really is exactly like Eli in the personality wise. Super level 99.9% percent of the time. So when he shows you the fire, you really know you messed up. 

39 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I really hate sites that don’t know how to source. Who at CBS Sports said this?

It would be a good move for the Giants as of course they need receivers. Jeudy has this year on his contract plus next year at $4M cap hit, so it be less if Giants acquire him, plus a 5th year option.

That being said, I imagine it cost at least a 2nd with how cheap he is. Giants don’t have any cap space so we need to push more cap into 2023 and we have no one we can play around with.

I haven’t seen anything from the beat. I think someone mentioned it was unlikely due to the cap issues, but stranger things have happened.

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I really hate sites that don’t know how to source. Who at CBS Sports said this?

It would be a good move for the Giants as of course they need receivers. Jeudy has this year on his contract plus next year at $4M cap hit, so it be less if Giants acquire him, plus a 5th year option.

That being said, I imagine it cost at least a 2nd with how cheap he is. Giants don’t have any cap space so we need to push more cap into 2023 and we have no one we can play around with.

I haven’t seen anything from the beat. I think someone mentioned it was unlikely due to the cap issues, but stranger things have happened.

My bad man...I didn't even look at the source, which is something I normally do.

It's likely just another one of the million rumors that float around but the header made it sound like we had some interest, which could be nothing more than clickbait and I got hooked...haha.

I haven't looked at our current cap situation, but I'll give it a look and get back with you on that.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

My bad man...I didn't even look at the source, which is something I normally do.

It's likely just another one of the million rumors that float around but the header made it sound like we had some interest, which could be nothing more than clickbait and I got hooked...haha.

I haven't looked at our current cap situation, but I'll give it a look and get back with you on that.

No, it wasn’t you Mike lol. I’m blaming gmenhq lol. It’s sloppy article writing on them. It’s an exciting time to actually be in the picture again. I LOVE this time of year and you know how much I love posting news. All good to post this stuff!

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

No, it wasn’t you Mike lol. I’m blaming gmenhq lol. It’s sloppy article writing on them. It’s an exciting time to actually be in the picture again. I LOVE this time of year and you know how much I love posting news. All good to post this stuff!

Right.

Yeah man I'm so excited to have my team back.  Amazing how quick this front office and coaching staff has turned this team around after Dave's destruction.  I really figured it would be another year or two before we showed signs of life.

You know how much I disliked Dave and everything he did.  

The fact we've got previous players like Landon Collins (love him or hate him) back on the roster and even having Odell making a surprise visit to the stadium tells me that any burnt bridges have been fixed.

Also, tells me that players are going to want to play for this team and coaching staff.

I'm going to say it again, we need to figure out a way to retain Daniel Jones.  

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Also, tells me that players are going to want to play for this team and coaching staff.

I'm going to say it again, we need to figure out a way to retain Daniel Jones. 

I said it above, but I think we’ll let Jones test FA. He knows his best opportunity would be staying with us, Daboll, and Kafka. If someone wants to sign him for $20M/year, we let him go. If not, we can get him for a good price. He’s been fantastic this year, but it’s still a 7 game sample in a 3.5 year career.