What is the thought process of you Season Tankers for this year? I'm truly dumbfounded...

aceinthehouse

15 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

suck hard for 1 year and win for 10 years with a elite QB prospect

OR

mediocre as we have been never having the top pick and still sucking. YOU PICK

we have to bite the bullet only for a year.

instead we will continue to play musical chairs at QB.

Wasn't that last year. I wanted to draft Herbert BTW.

Edited by RSkinGM

20 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's Rivera's 1st season as our coach.

Don't you want him to be successful?

Personally, I am against tanking until the season is lost.

But it is a bit much to act like people are being preposterous to want to tank when our head coach seemed to tank until week 6.  He did nothing during the offseason.  He didn't finish games.  He has been completely inconsistent.  If anything the fans are just following his example.  And it is unfair to give the fans crap for wanting to tank because Rivera has now changed his mind.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Personally, I am against tanking until the season is lost.

But it is a bit much to act like people are being preposterous to want to tank when our head coach seemed to tank until week 6.  He did nothing during the offseason.  He didn't finish games.  He has been completely inconsistent.  If anything the fans are just following his example.  And it is unfair to give the fans crap for wanting to tank because Rivera has now changed his mind.

If Rivera wanted to tank, he would have left Haskins in as starter.

• Like 1

The idea of losing when you have a young rebuilding team is to continue to get top talent in the draft and develop those players to have a winning franchise for years to come - hopefully a decade plus with a franchise player you draft - not just a one year playoff run with a mediocre starting QB.

20 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You don't have to have a top 5 pick to get a great QB.  Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, they all were picked outside of the top 5 picks in the past 5 drafts.  

Lamar Jackson has to be played in a zone read offense. It’s not like he’s a special passer, he’s a running back that can throw off of mostly zone read play action the way RG3 was in 2012 & Kap. 

Those teams were fortunate for one that the Bears front office is stupid and passed on Mahomes & Watson - still unbelievable to me that Ryan Pace hasn’t been fired - and that they feel to the teens.

Really convenient that you made the cut off at “top 5” when you mention Herbert. Generally people would just say a QB picked in the 1st round.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’re 1-2 with Kyle Allen as the starter. Not exactly lighting the world on fire! 😂 

Did you know, we are like 59% on 3rd down since Allen has been starting.

As apposed to 33% when Haskins was starting.

I think we will win some games, with Allen in there. Specially, if the Defense continues to play well.

Higher 3rd down % means sustained drives, scoring earlier than we were.

Which means Defense pinning their ears back with a lead & going after the QB.

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Did you know, we are like 59% on 3rd down since Allen has been starting.

As apposed to 33% when Haskins was starting.

I think we will win some games, with Allen in there. Specially, if the Defense continues to play well.

Higher 3rd down % means sustained drives, scoring earlier than we were.

Which means Defense pinning their ears back with a lead & going after the QB.

We’ve played the Giants and Cowboys defenses the last two weeks. The first month of the season we had to face the Cardinals, Browns & Ravens defenses, big difference. We’ll have to see if things remain the same moving forward.  

27 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

A winning mentality is more important than high draft picks. 

That’s what I feel bad about when the fan base wants a high draft pick by tanking and you see no matter what our record is, the players want to win so badly. Doesn’t seem fair to have that mentality with all the work they put in. 

When the best QB you have is slightly worst than mediocre,You cant think playoffs.We all want what you want Ace,A team to rally behind that gives us something to cheer about often enough to make us forget the bad years.We need a QB and we dont have one.Unless you think Montez is going to be the best kept secret since Brady.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TKellion said:

When the best QB you have is slightly worst than mediocre,You cant think playoffs.We all want what you want Ace,A team to rally behind that gives us something to cheer about often enough to make us forget the bad years.We need a QB and we dont have one.Unless you think Montez is going to be the best kept secret since Brady.

Don't sleep on Montez man ! hahahaha 😁 BTW, I know you probably know this - A Rodgers was pick what 27 ? First round. Brett Favre was a second round pick . Brunnel rd 5,  Gannon rd 4, Drew Brees , Schaub, Hasselbeck , Brad Johnson, etc etc . The list is endless. There's more top 10 bust than there are success stories from further down the draft.  

Edited by RSkinGM