What is the thought process of you Season Tankers for this year? I'm truly dumbfounded...

aceinthehouse

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

But I will say this: I don’t think those extra 4 wins, to go from 2-14 to 6-10 and the crown of worst division winner ever, are actually worth losing the chance to draft Lawrence or Fields. I’m all for winning, and I’d love the culture here to change — but the chance to draft a extraordinary blue-chip talent at the QB position trumps a few extra wins in Rivera’s first year. That said, that’s not gonna happen. So if we’re gonna win 4-5 games, and miss out on the blue chippers anyway, might as well win 6-7 and make the playoffs.

But what if  those wins are worth losing Lawrence or Fields? What if winning has just as much to do with the development of a quarterback then the skill-set you draft? The continuity of coaches, the scheme, the willingness of players to resign, the willingness of new free agent signings - what if these things are MORE IMPORTANT than talent?

Why haven't the Jets been able to field a winner despite picking in the top 10 how many times in the last 10 years? Winning matters - I know the cool thing around here is to root for failure but I am rooting for wins. Don't care how we get them, how messy they are either...

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 9:44 PM, turtle28 said:

@e16bball no interest in Kyle Trask at all? I think he can be developed into a good QB.

I’m kinda with E on this. I wouldn’t say no intrest I just feel like the last two QB’s we’ve drafted and attempted to develop had the same ceiling he has which Kirk i think reach Haskins currently hasn’t. This isn’t a Burrow there aren’t many Burrows Trask has the best TE prospect Ive scouted as a pass catcher. Having a dominant #1 WR is great for a QB. A game changing TE is probably the biggest wildcard to a QB actually progressing to his highest tier.

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Oh yea...

I almost forgot to add.

Allen makes 675K this year.

Hell, he's already earned his pay. Lol

I mean it’s always nice to think best case as he’s handled the team well they clearly play hard for him. That said even with a top 3-5 TE and Terry and if Gibson can reach his ceiling Allen does have that gamer chip but I just don’t know if he ever develops past guy managing compared to driving. And while he’s cheap now in two years you really don’t want to pay him to be what we are pretty sure he isn’t.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've read that K. Cousins & K. Allen have very similar, if not identical stats from their 1st 16 starts.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't looked yet & too busy at the moment.

But if true, that's very interesting.

Honestly I’m not a huge numbers guy but I’d care to even say they looked exactly the same game for game as far as slinging it then back to checking down one week too much next playing too safe. Honestly that’s probably the perfect comp for him as far as games played and a complete through those games. That said for a UDFA to be compared to Kirk heck if he comes close to that level man we stole him by far for a 6th. That said I’m cool with passing a QB to infuse the roster draft a mid rounder to compete with. That said if a Lance falls due to this weird year for him and NDST and the feature game then how he played who knows he’s a serious wildcard in this class. Ultimately someone falls in love I feel like we don’t get that chance to see what we would do depending on how many we win. That said We will see what Allen can put together he has a opportunity to build a comfort and confidence on the roster around him with this stretch of games to say the keys really are in his hands at this point. Stay tuned really

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I've read that K. Cousins & K. Allen have very similar, if not identical stats from their 1st 16 starts.

Can anyone confirm this? I haven't looked yet & too busy at the moment.

But if true, that's very interesting.

But you don’t like Kirk Cousins, so why do you want someone who’s near his ability?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But you don’t like Kirk Cousins, so why do you want someone who’s near his ability?

I don't like Cousins, cause he's anti-clutch.

His numbers are great! If Kyle Allen is Cousins with the "it" factor.

He'd be the perfect QB. He's already faster & more mobile than Cousins. But if he can actually win big games, I might get his jersey.

I don't think Cousins is a bad QB, I just don't want him near my team.

Take Michael Jordan....

Cousins is the opposite of him...

Lance Armstrong?

Cousins is the opposite of him..

Tiger Woods?

1980 USA Hockey team?

Well, you get the idea.

If I were dangling off a cliff....

And I needed someone to throw me a rope 

And the only 2 people available were Kirk Cousins & a 6 year with down syndrome.

I'm going with the kid ..

That's how anti clutch cousins is, imo.

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't like Cousins, cause he's anti-clutch.

His numbers are great! If Kyle Allen is Cousins with the "it" factor.

He'd be the perfect QB. He's already faster & more mobile than Cousins. But if he can actually win big games, I might get his jersey.

I don't think Cousins is a bad QB, I just don't want him near my team.

Take Michael Jordan....

Lance Armstrong?

Cousins is the opposite of him..

Tiger Woods?

1980 USA Hockey team?

Well, you get the idea.

If I were dangling off a cliff....

And I needed someone to throw me a rope 

And the only 2 people available were Kirk Cousins & a 6 year with down syndrome.

I'm going with the kid ..

That's how anti clutch cousins is, imo.

I think you have selective memory when you think of Kirk - I mean last years playoff win would disagree with you - but let’s move on to your question.

We also have no idea whether Kyle Allen is clutch or not, in his sample size between last year and this year the answer would be an emphatic NO.

Kirk’s 1st 16 starts: 

64%, 4273 yds, 23 TDs, 23 Ints, 6 fumbles

Kyle’s 1st 16 starts:

63%, 4098 yds, 23 TDs, 17 ints, 14 fumbles 

Obviously, passing wise they are similar but the glaring difference is Kyle Allen’s fumbles. All QBs fumble at times between strip sacks and when they’re hit, but Kyle Allen has butterfingers when he’s sacked. His fumble rate is nearly one per game which is an alarming rate.

That’s why I said to Lavar in another thread that Kyle Allen reminds me of Kirk, except for the fumbles. I look forward to seeing Kyle continue to play and hopefully he secures the ball better in the future. As I said to Lavar, if Kyle solved his fumbling issue, we may have something, but it’s something he has to prove he can do over the rest of this season as Kirk did when he solved his int issues in 2015 and became our starter and is still a starter in the league with a huge contract.

I hope Kyle does solve his turnover problem bc I’d like nothing more than for us to find a good starter with him and then in the draft we can take the BPA and not feel forced to draft a QB in round 1.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I think you have selective memory when you think of Kirk - I mean last years playoff win would disagree with you - but let’s move on to your question.

Kirk’s 1st 16 starts: 

64%, 4273 yds, 23 TDs, 23 Ints, 6 fumbles

Kyle’s 1st 16 starts:

63%, 4098 yds, 23 TDs, 17 ints, 14 fumbles 

Obviously, passing wise they are similar but the glaring difference is Kyle Allen’s fumbles. All QBs fumble at times between strip sacks and when they’re hit, but Kyle Allen has butterfingers when he’s sacked. His fumble rate is nearly one per game which is an alarming rate.

That’s why I said to Lavar in another thread that Kyle Allen reminds me of Kirk, except for the fumbles. I look forward to seeing Kyle continue to play and hopefully he secures the ball better in the future. As I said to Lavar, if Kyle solved his fumbling issue, we may have something, but it’s something he has to prove he can do over the rest of this season as Kirk did when he solved his int issues in 2015 and became our starter and is still a starter in the league with a huge contract.

I hope Kyle does solve his turnover problem bc I’d like nothing more than for us to find a good starter with him and then in the draft we can take the BPA and not feel forced to draft a QB in round 1.

Yes, he needs to work on his fumbling issues. 

We don't want another version of Daniel Jones.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

As I’ve thought about it, quite honestly if we win next week against the Giants I’m all on board with just winning the division. Just think it’s a good momentum builder for next year even though there’s so many holes to address.

This.