aceinthehouse

What is the thought process of you Season Tankers for this year? I'm truly dumbfounded...

4 hours ago, Woz said:

Okay, he'll be 37 next May.

At the same time, Brees and Brady are still playing because they are guaranteed first ballot Hall of Famers five years after they retire. Alex Smith ... is neither Brees nor Brady.

Yes, but Alex is still our best option to win and even if we draft a 1st round QB next year he may still be our best chance to win unless that rookie really really impresses like most of the 1st round QBs the last few drafts.

15 minutes ago, Skinscavalier said:

I thought that the way this team plays we were tanking. If they are playing to win, I don't see it!

That's crazy- would they have comeback from 24-3 vs Detroit to tie the game . 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 5:21 AM, turtle28 said:

Yes, but Alex is still our best option to win and even if we draft a 1st round QB next year he may still be our best chance to win unless that rookie really really impresses like most of the 1st round QBs the last few drafts.

Winning now is not good for the long term health of this franchise. Especially if it means giving snaps to a guy who is now closer to retirement than his breakout year that cause Washington to trade for him.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:31 PM, Woz said:

Winning now is not good for the long term health of this franchise. Especially if it means giving snaps to a guy who is now closer to retirement than his breakout year that cause Washington to trade for him.

Yes, true. 

Thought I would add a post originally from the Reaper.

Winning the division in year one of a team rebranding would be a good story.

Winning it with a historically bad record would make it a unique footnote that will be remembered for the rest of NFL history. 

KindheartedRightCrayfish-small.gif

No one's going to remember the Open 10 years from now, who won, who lost..but they'll remember your 12 Roy! My, God, it was...well, it's immortal!

Talk about building from the ground up?  Can't be more "ground floor" than the lowest record in NFL history to earn a playoff berth.  I actually think its a cool story.

Playing Dallas for first place in the division on Thanksgiving is the best anyone can hope for from a football season.  The dumpster fire of 2020 and the entire NFC East, our head coach beating cancer, our Montgomery Burns team owner reaching outlandish new lows, all just add to the crazy storyline.  

This is the most excited and interested I've been all season.  These are the types of footnotes and oddball memories that fans remember for years to come.  Screw the record, screw the tank, and enjoy the once in a lifetime season were having.

Edited 3 hours ago by Reaper Skins

This team is under performing, especially the defense. I don't really see another win unless it's the depleted S F squad so we should certainly get a high draft pick . We would have lost yesterday had Burrow not been hurt .

19 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

This team is under performing, especially the defense. I don't really see another win unless it's the depleted S F squad so we should certainly get a high draft pick . We would have lost yesterday had Burrow not been hurt .

I think 6 wins is the magic number to win the East.

I think Dallas on Thanksgiving is winnable.

I think Carolina is a winnable game.

And Philly in the finale, is also winnable.

I think the 49ers game is possible...

I think Pittsburgh & Seattle are tough tasks, even if we play well.

So looking at the rest of the schedule, it looks like 7-9 is the best possible outcome.

Either way, at least we have something to play for over the holidays.

It's been a while since we've been able to say that.

But beat Dallas & we'll finally have our 1st back-to-back win of the season.

Confidence is something that can do wonders with this team. 

If the Giants can do it, so can we.

Carolina just shut out a team that we lost to. Dallas beat the Vikings on the road. Philly on the road even with no crowd. Don't see it my man . 

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

Honest question. I've asked it elsewhere but no one seems to be brave enough to answer.

It's 1998. You're headed into the draft.

Would you rather be:

The Colts?

or

The Chargers?

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Honest question. I've asked it elsewhere but no one seems to be brave enough to answer.

Would you rather be:

The Colts?

or

The Chargers?

Colts obviously 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Would you rather be:

The Colts?

or

The Chargers?

How is that even a question? Like. "Do you want Peyton Manning or not?"

Cant get 1st. So we might as well win all we can and draft Randy Moss huh?

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

How is that even a question? Like. "Do you want Peyton Manning or not?"

Cant get 1st. So we might as well win all we can and draft Randy Moss huh?

Vikings were lucky to get Randy Moss bc of all his off the field issues which is the entire reason he had to go to Marshall instead of going to Florida State which is where he was supposed to go originally.

Lets be realistic. 

Both of these questions/points seem incredibly ridiculous.

Edited by turtle28

I must be missing his point too- COLTS seems like such a no brainer .. huh ?

Like us heading into the 2019 draft- Do you want to be the Bengals or us ..?? DUH!

Edited by RSkinGM