What is the thought process of you Season Tankers for this year? I'm truly dumbfounded...

aceinthehouse

20 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

How is that even a question? Like. "Do you want Peyton Manning or not?"

Cant get 1st. So we might as well win all we can and draft Randy Moss huh?

The point is that for the people saying "hey, losing that game isn't gonna help us long-term." Yeah. It actually can.

Chargers were 4-12

Colts were 3-13.

One game was the difference between being able to draft Manning and watching another team draft him.

Hence the point that the higher you go, the more options (re: players) that are available to you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I must be missing his point too- COLTS seems like such a no brainer .. huh ?

Like us heading into the 2019 draft- Do you want to be the Bengals or us ..?? DUH!

See my post above. The position of the "we need to win the division this season" crowd is that a few spots (or even ONE spot) are not going to make a difference. 

1998 shows it can. There are quite a few other years where it shows it can. And in that particular case, it was the difference between long term success while locking down the most important position on the team and not.

Drafting higher gives you more players to choose from. Gives you more of a chance to get the players that will transform your poor/mediocre team. 

Going to the playoffs at 5-11 or 6-10 is not gonna help this team very much long-term. Getting a top 10 or top 5 pick and either using it to select a great talent or trading it away and getting a boatload of picks to stock the cupboard will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The point is that for the people saying "hey, losing that game isn't gonna help us long-term." Yeah. It actually can.

Chargers were 4-12

Colts were 3-13.

One game was the difference between being able to draft Manning and watching another team draft him.

Hence the point that the higher you go, the more options (re: players) that are available to you.

Rams picked 6th and saw 2 of the next 4 Super Bowls.

Building a team is a whole lot more than just a draft pick. Just look at when the Krafts took over New England. They hired the right coach, right staff, right GM. Made the right trades, brought in the right personnel. Everything done possible to build a winner there.

And you want to continue to push that an owner. Who works off the "buddy system", letting guys like Bruce linger year after year. Who its been near a year now and we dont even have a GM to try to make deals or shuffle trades. And this guy. That is basically telling fans, "Why put in effort if my money stays the same." Youre saying hes going to build us a winner. All we need is this draft pick.

Im done with all that. Believed it myself for years. Im just going to be happy with what little victories he allows us. Cause its all were getting out the man.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Rams picked 6th and saw 2 of the next 4 Super Bowls.

Building a team is a whole lot more than just a draft pick. Just look at when the Krafts took over New England. They hired the right coach, right staff, right GM. Made the right trades, brought in the right personnel. Everything done possible to build a winner there.

And you want to continue to push that an owner. Who works off the "buddy system", letting guys like Bruce linger year after year. Who its been near a year now and we dont even have a GM to try to make deals or shuffle trades. And this guy. That is basically telling fans, "Why put in effort if my money stays the same." Youre saying hes going to build us a winner. All we need is this draft pick.

Im done with all that. Believed it myself for years. Im just going to be happy with what little victories he allows us. Cause its all were getting out the man.

Hence why I don't like short term fixes. I'm not okay with thanking Snyder for crumbs. Sorry.

• Like 1

Man, I wish we could luck box our way into a Hall of Fame QB as an undrafted FA or a 6th round pick.

I think we’re seeing now how much Tom Brady did for that offense. Belichick is a great coach, elite defensive mind, but I don’t think he ever wins a Super Bowl w/o Tom Brady as his QB. 

I also don’t think Vermil wins one w/o luck boxing his way into Kurt Warner.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You either find a QB or you build an elite, all-time defense. There’s almost no other way to win a super bowl. 

This may be a record , our 3rd first round QB in the last nine drafts. I guess 10 drafts , Griffin was in 2012 .

Edited by RSkinGM

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

And that's not even counting that they took Colt in the 3rd in 10, Kessler in the 3rd in 16, Kizer in the 2nd in 2017

Good post ! They sure keep swinging too! Not sure they've hit yet . I would have drafted Mayfield but he can't seem to get over the hump.. Might not be their answer. 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

laughs in Cleveland Browns

2007: Quinn
2012: Weeden
2014: Manziel
2018: Baker

I’m no Baker fan, but his career is far from over. At least they look like a playoff team this year and that’s certainly a hump they haven’t been able to get over.

When Big Ben retires the Browns could start winning the AFC North division or at least be competing with the Ravens every year for it.

Edited by turtle28