49ers place RB Jeff Wilson on IR; WR Deebo Samuel to miss 'next couple weeks'

RaidersAreOne

You guys are going to LOVE Hasty. I had the pleasure of watching his entire career at Baylor. He’s a poor man’s Marshawn Lynch/Marion Barber. He is also a great pass blocker, receiver in the backfield, and he was an elite special teams tackler for us too.

I’ll be tuning into as many 49ers games as I can.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

You guys are going to LOVE Hasty. I had the pleasure of watching his entire career at Baylor. He’s a poor man’s Marshawn Lynch/Marion Barber. He is also a great pass blocker, receiver in the backfield, and he was an elite special teams tackler for us too.

I’ll be tuning into as many 49ers games as I can.

Why did he go undrafted then? I mean, everything I have seen from him has been incredible.

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So who do I pick up for fantasy 🤨

Aiyuk if he's available. 

Aiyuk is going to feast this week against Seattle. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Why did he go undrafted then? I mean, everything I have seen from him has been incredible.

I've wondered the same thing. His SPRAQ score was a 90.7%. #2 among all RBs and his scouting report was generally positive. Good receiver, electric with the ball in his hands, good pass blocker were a few of things that stood out to me about his profile.

I remember sometime in late January early February I came across Hasty on TheDraftNetwork.com and immediately was on board with him. Him and James Robinson were two backs I really wanted to draft in the 6/7th round. All of my mocks from then on included one of those two. I was shocked he went undrafted. 

The huge positive for us is that Hasty said he specifically chose the 49ers because of Bobby Turner and Shanahan. That's a great recruiting tool for UDFA RBs.

During the 2021 draft process. Keep you eye on RBs with high SPARQ scores that are projected to be late-round/UDFA picks. I'm willing to bet that we will pick up one of them.

16 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What’s the outlook with Wilson/McKinnon for the future? If Hasty steps up do you see one of them being gone next year? I assume Coleman is probably done.

No reason at all to keep McKinnon. Wilson will probably return and our top three backs will be Mostert/Wilson/Hasty and then whatever UDFA Shanahan finds. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What’s the outlook with Wilson/McKinnon for the future? If Hasty steps up do you see one of them being gone next year? I assume Coleman is probably done.

Jet should 100% be gone. There's no reason to keep him. Personally, I'd roll with Mostert / Wilson / Hasty as all of those guys serve different functions while also being able to contribute. I could see us bringing in some UDFAs from the draft class, and hopefully if we sign anyone, it'll just be bringing back someone like Breida on a vet min deal given he's gotten pushed out by Miami and should have like no market. 

• Like 1